How efficient is Sawbones for leveling?

dkangl

I am thinking of starting a Op and would like to know how easy/fun it is to level as a Sawbone spec.

How well can we solo 2h and maybe 4h in some cases like Shadows can.

How well do we do in raid scenerios etc.

Thanks

I am thinking of starting a Op and would like to know how easy/fun it is to level as a Sawbone spec.

How well can we solo 2h and maybe 4h in some cases like Shadows can.

How well do we do in raid scenerios etc.

Thanks

I leveled Sawbones to 36, then Scrapp'd up until about a week ago. Its not hard at all if you use Corso and keep him geared good. He is a great tank, not sure how changes in patch will affect that... but at least he won't pull mobs to/from you anymore.

Of course, I was cybertech so I just got as much mod'able gear as I could and every couple levels, just upgraded.

Did most, if not all H2 and skipped on H4.

I leveled from 10-50 as sawbones and honestly It wasn't a problem at all. You'll need to swap companions depending on the fight. I used bowdaar on some of the damage intensive fights, but Risha's dps was too good to pass up most of the time. Just pick a tank and a dps and keep them geared as you go. Good times.

I agree with the person above that suggested using Risha - once I got her she was basically the only companion I ever used (though I'm sure you'd be fine switching to Akaavi once you get her, if you prefer). Honestly, the tanking companions didn't/don't seem any less squishy than me, so I just healed myself and threw out a little damage while Risha melted things.

Def use Risha when available, I did sawbones from 1 to 50 and it was quite easy. Some bosses were challenging because I did them underleveld, but pistowhip for UH and EM medpack keeps you going for a long time, just a matter of keeping aggro and wearing the boss down.

Personally, I found Akaavi must faster then Risha. And lvl'ing as sawbones is np at all.

While I liked Risha's stronger single target dps, Akaavi is just a good of a choice due to her aoe. I guess that comes down to preference. I didn't really get to use poor Guss until I switched to scrapper. Now we're bros for life.

I like to use Corso. His grapple is great for controlling the battlefield. Starting the fight (from stealth) in the middle of a weak/normal pack and using the grapple gun to get every opponent into AE range makes it pretty efficient. The grapple is very CC-friendly when you want to deal with stronger packs too.

I leveled using a hybrid spec of sawbones with scrapper. I did play a bit during the 40s as pure sawbones, using corso to tank things to death, but it was slow.

I went back to the hybrid using Risha and that drastically sped things up.

If I had to do it again, I'd spec scrapper to flying fists, snag Holdout defense in Dirty Fighting and then as you level fill up Sawbones. At about level 40 you'll get slow release medpac. Coupled with Surprise Comeback, I found I had little down time.

For solo play now, I'm a healer by heart, so full up sawbones with either using Risha (90%) or Corso.