The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What bothers you in the EU?

XenusParadox

The fact that they have used the Mortis Storyline in Fate

The (obiously shoehorned in at the last second) Motris inclusion in fate made me want to punch a baby. I don't want to be reminded of that travisty of a show while reading a book that takes place 60 years after it.

Edited by TheBentOne

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The (obiously shoehorned in at the last second) Motris inclusion in fate made me want to punch a baby. I don't want to be reminded of that travisty of a show while reading a book that takes place 60 years after it.

Not to mention those were the worst possible episodes to choose. I watched it with my younger cousin, and I flat out left when the evil brother bit ahsoka.

Show isn't bad.. Lucas wrote that Arc.

I have to disagree, theres an excellent reason why the main characters have to be involved in every story and at every available opportunity.

It sells more stories to have Luke on the cover waving a big honkin lightsaber. Luke is instantly recognizable and the author doesnt have to go through the unendurable agony of creating their own original character.

Yeah, I hate having to get to know a new character. It's so much easier to get used to the 19th vastly different version of the same character.

Retreading old ground is just so damn comfortable. It's like you don't even have to think after a while. "Oh there's a new dire threat looming large over the galaxy? Jolly good! I wonder what combination of Luke, lightsabers, new Force shenanigans, X-Wings, and good old fashioned drama will be used to overcome this one in 3400 pages, $64, 9 books, 6 months, and 600,000 totally superfluous words."

I can't until someone tries to push the History Eraser Button and reboots Star Wars like they did with Star Trek and the DCU. Then we can do this whole thing all over again. What fun.

Yeah, I hate having to get to know a new character. It's so much easier to get used to the 19th vastly different version of the same character.

Retreading old ground is just so damn comfortable. It's like you don't even have to think after a while. "Oh there's a new dire threat looming large over the galaxy? Jolly good! I wonder what combination of Luke, lightsabers, new Force shenanigans, X-Wings, and good old fashioned drama will be used to overcome this one in 3400 pages, $64, 9 books, 6 months, and 600,000 totally superfluous words."

I can't until someone tries to push the History Eraser Button and reboots Star Wars like they did with Star Trek and the DCU. Then we can do this whole thing all over again. What fun.

HELL NO to the last part, thank you.

I will state one of the things that really annoys me, no one ever stays dead in Star Wars.

Funny that, just like in a soap opera. :p

The very first time I watched a Star Wars film I knew it was a SciFi form of soap opera.

Didn't stop me from enjoying it though, I just don't take it in any way seriously..

As far as Chewie's death goes, he went down fighting, and taking as many bad guys with him as he could. He went down saving Anakin's life (who then sacrificed his own life later).

Anakin was injured when saving Jaina. Jaina, who went on to kill Jacen; Jaina, whose likely offspring set the stage for Sith taking over the galaxy; Jaina, whose likely grandson Roan Fel ended up trying to kill everyone on Coruscant after having failed to obtain a Sith amulet, the Muur talisman, to create his own mutated monster army to defeat the Sith after having first run from the Sith and leaving a bunch of people, including his own cousin, to die buying him time to escape.

Not really the greatest case of sacrifing your life to save the life of your sibling, is it?