Imperial Royal Guards vs IG-100 MagnaGuards

Wolfninjajedi

Not really a fair comparison since we never really see Royal Guards in action in the films. They just stand there looking guardy.

Whereas the MagnaGuards get two scenes in which we see them throw down. They also have the advantage of being in the PT, which features much more over-the-top action than the OT.

Not really a fair comparison since we never really see Royal Guards in action in the films. They just stand there looking guardy.

Whereas the MagnaGuards get two scenes in which we see them throw down. They also have the advantage of being in the PT, which features much more over-the-top action than the OT.

We might not see the Red Guard, in action on films. But theres other sources showing them fight.

We might not see the Red Guard, in action on films. But theres other sources showing them fight.

The EU is, for the most part, a mess of extremely uneven quality, with conflicting "facts" (conflicting both within the EU itself and between EU and film) and lots of ridiculous garbage that a 4-year-old could do better than*.

I tend to pretty much disregard it for the most part.

*Case in point. LOL I'm nine feet tall and have lightsabers in my elbows!

The EU is, for the most part, a mess of extremely uneven quality, with conflicting "facts" (conflicting both within the EU itself and between EU and film) and lots of ridiculous garbage that a 4-year-old could do better than*.

While good point, but there is no conflicting facts with the Royal guard in combat because we don't see them actually fight in the movies. So whats there for the guard....is there and is fact because there is nothing that is being conflicted.

This would be an interesting fight.

The Red guard are the best the empire has to offer and are handpicked from the best of the stormtrooper corps, their conditioning, training and skill are all top notch and many even are moderately force sensitive. The Red Guard wielded ceremonial force pikes that packed a deadly shocking force.

The IG-100's are top of the line combat droids possessing superhuman strength, reflexes and agility. Their combat learning systems allowed them to learn from, adapt to and wield different fighting styles. In addition The IG's were capable of sustaining a beating far beyond that of witch a normal human could take. Their signature weapon was the Phrik electrostaff.

I would suspect that the fight would start out fairly even, but the longer it wore on the more the IG 100 would be at an advantage. Even the most well-conditioned of humans tire while droids do not and the IG, is capable of continuing the fight even while decapitated. Considering that, and how similar the force pike and the electro-staff are as weapons, I would have to say that unless the red guard is able to get in a few early strikes to slow the droid down the IG-100's superior endurance and reflexes give it the edge

Edited by TheBentOne

what is the EU?