Cloak of Pain stack with Saber Ward?

muradi

Saberward increases your chance to dodge parry absorb attacks by 50%, same as what Predation does. The damage reductions do stack, but only if its a force/tech attack, so if someone were to use Assault on you with both up, uyour damage would only be reduced by 20%, if you were hit by a scream your damage would be reduced by 45%.

When an ability says something about defense chance, it doesnt mean a damage reduction it means your ability to dodge,parry, absorb. That means Predation offers no damage reduction, but it does stack with Saber Ward.

You've tested / seen testing that it in fact grants 45% damage reduction?

Potential results:

- 25% damage reduction (Saber Ward overrides Cloak, no stack)

- 40% damage reduction (20% and 25%, stack multiplicatively)

- 45% damgae reduction (20% and 25%, stack additively)

Saberward is a defense modifier, cloak of pain is a 20% damage reduction... why wouldn't they stack?

From my experience the effectiveness of using one or the other vs both at the same time (in pvp)... you can definitely see a difference when both are up.

Saberward is a defense modifier, cloak of pain is a 20% damage reduction... why wouldn't they stack?

From my experience the effectiveness of using one or the other vs both at the same time (in pvp)... you can definitely see a difference when both are up.

Saber ward also reduces damage from force/tech attacks.

You've tested / seen testing that it in fact grants 45% damage reduction?

Potential results:

- 25% damage reduction (Saber Ward overrides Cloak, no stack)

- 40% damage reduction (20% and 25%, stack multiplicatively)

- 45% damgae reduction (20% and 25%, stack additively)

No I just assumed, Nearly everything stacks in this game. Multiple Blood Thirsts, Saberward and Predation, multiple predations(no movement speed buff obviously).

Do other classes with multiple Damage reductions stack? Ours only applies to Force/Tech Attacks.

Snares don't stack, run speed buffs don't stack, and there are a few other things which have odd results, like fire/acid trap damage, which may simply be other things and not related to that stacking.

Same-class debuffs don't stack (Sunder), but the same effect (Sunder) stacks from multiple classes. Stuff's quirky across the board.

Edit:

When you use Cloak and Undying Rage, you take more than 0 damage. If they stacked fully, you would have 119% damage reduction from those abilities alone.

Or do you take 0 damage? I'm pretty sure you take >0, but my memory isn't clear.

Edited by EasymodeX

Snares don't stack, run speed buffs don't stack, and there are a few other things which have odd results, like fire/acid trap damage, which may simply be other things and not related to that stacking.

Same-class debuffs don't stack (Sunder), but the same effect (Sunder) stacks from multiple classes. Stuff's quirky across the board.

Edit:

When you use Cloak and Undying Rage, you take more than 0 damage. If they stacked fully, you would have 119% damage reduction from those abilities alone.

Or do you take 0 damage? I'm pretty sure you take >0, but my memory isn't clear.

Movement speed buffs have always been, whichever grants the highest takes priority over the others.

I really think they do stack as one reduces all damage, and the other reduces only a certain type of damage. I can test it when i get home tonight...

Movement speed buffs have always been, whichever grants the highest takes priority over the others.

I really think they do stack as one reduces all damage, and the other reduces only a certain type of damage. I can test it when i get home tonight...

Let us know what you come up with.

In a 1v1 I've always been curious as to whether it's better to saber ward then CoP or to hit them both at the same time.

If available I pop both when being focused by more than one opponent..but I've never really taken the time to figure out exactly how much more reduction you would get from that.

Either snares do stack or a lot of people in PvP just stop running away and stand still for me after I hit them with force crush and cripling slash.

Snares do not stack.

Snare + another Snare != A root.

Alot of ppl in pvp are idiots. You will have on average 1-3 ppl per warzone total that actually know what they are doing.

I was watching a BM annhilation Marauders stream the other day....she was keyboard turning.

Edited by AcaciaDragon

i can tell you this much ... i have absolutely been attacking another marauder/sent when they pop undying (and w/e the sent version is) and seen loads of 0's flying over their heads

so that 99% stacks with something, not quite sure what it is though, havent bothered to check their buffs when they are 1 hit from dead

could be undying and saber ward i suppose, putting up 0's with force attacks

dont recall if they were white 0's or yellow 0's

Edited by CrazyAl

Force Crush: Progressively slows the target from 60% to 10% movement speed

The snare on Force Crush increases every second, and becomes a 90% snare during the last bit.

So yes, they appear to stand still, especially in the last 2 seconds.

The more clear test is Crippling Slash + the snare on Rupture from Annihilation. People don't get snared by 80%.