The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Whats with all the Nerf Shadows threads? Learn to be constructive.

HyperThomas

In my experience (and as the op has pointed out) it's the tanking tree that needs to be rebalanced. Currently they are able to act like a dps spec, while still benefiting from all of the tanking tools. They are like a hybrid spec that doesn't actually have to sacrifice top tier talents to be a hybrid.

The other two tanking AC's see a significant hit to their dps when they spec 31 points into the tanking tree. They gain survivability and protection. It's a tradeoff.

I have no problem with shadows/assassins who consistently top damage if they're not pure tanks. Thats what a dps spec should be able to do. Kinetic Combat (I forget the Sith eq.) is not a dps tree.

The developers are smart.

On that we can agree. And that's why they are nerfing Ops again (though nobody cried about them since 1.1) and let Assassins stay the same (though people cry about them). Because Ops still have to much burst and Assassins are balanced.

Learn to live with it.

Ops still should have a GapCloser though.

Greetings,

We know it can be frustrating to see negativity, but we ask that our members refrain from focusing the discussion on the behavior of other members or the types of posts that go up on the forums. No matter how good the original intention, these threads seem to bring out the people who want to spread more ill will and incite bad behavior in others.

We strongly encourage you to be proactive and start the kinds of discussions you would like to see on these forums or join the constructive conversations already in progress. Making a post simply to provide links to other posts or to make community commentary are not the types of threads we encourage.

We will be closing this thread now. Thank you for your cooperation!