Mission Confusion

corpboy

Can someone please elaborate on the meaning of these mission types?

HEROIC 2

HEROIC 2+

HEROIC 4

GROUP

From what I have seen in-game, it appears that the number is the number of recommended players in a group. But if that is true, whats the diff between a Heroic 4 and a Group mission?

Can someone please elaborate on the meaning of these mission types?

HEROIC 2

HEROIC 2+

HEROIC 4

GROUP

From what I have seen in-game, it appears that the number is the number of recommended players in a group. But if that is true, whats the diff between a Heroic 4 and a Group mission?

Yes the number indicates a recommended group size. Heroics are the missions you'll come across on planets.

I think you are seeing "Group" indicated on your mission log when you have a flashpoint mission? They can be 2+ or 4+ depending on the flashpoint but afaik don't say it in the description or title.

You are correct. A group mission simply means (at level) a mission that may need more than 4 members. You can complete the objective and gain rewards with any number of group members. So bring the whole family :)

Heroic missions take place on planets on areas with normal solo mission around them too.

Heroic missions are relatively short and may have 1 champion level boss or no boss at all but just elite trash. There is typically no significant loot drops, (other than possible world drops) but you get a mission reward. Heroic missions can be repeated once per day.

Heroic missions are not always even instanced, but may be open world.

The word "group" may appear in front of Flashpoints.

Flashpoints are much larger instances that have multiple bosses each with their own loot drops. They also take place in instances that are completely separated from other content.

Normal Flashpoints can be repeated as often as you want.

Same goes for "Area" missions, which activate simply from walking near the area that the mission takes place in. Some area missions are recommended for one player and are simply labeled as "Area." Some might recommend a full group, and will be labeled "Area 4." Edited by Datamonger