Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

U So OP

FeralPug

I will admit, I'm pretty cocky when it comes to scoreboards. If I'm not in the top 2 dps I feel like I have failed the team. I would say I'm above average in terms of skill but that wasn't always the case. It took a couple years of PvPing as a pre easy-mode shaman (aka totems had to be put down individually and none of them were combined).

However lately I have begun to play without my chest peace on. I run around as a skinny-"emo"-red-haired PT. I feel like this nerfs my survivability and dps just enough to offset the RNG crazy burst.

The schwartz is huge among us PTs.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will admit, I'm pretty cocky when it comes to scoreboards. If I'm not in the top 2 dps I feel like I have failed the team. I would say I'm above average in terms of skill but that wasn't always the case. It took a couple years of PvPing as a pre easy-mode shaman (aka totems had to be put down individually and none of them were combined).

However lately I have begun to play without my chest peace on. I run around as a skinny-"emo"-red-haired PT. I feel like this nerfs my survivability and dps just enough to offset the RNG crazy burst.

The schwartz is huge among us PTs.

lol yea RIGHT, you remove the chest piece so you can offset your "unfair" RNG, not because you are an attention addict.

Also you are exaggerating way too much on the effectiveness of damage in a WZ, and that's coming from another Pyro. lol hec VENT is 10x more effective than damage :p

Resource management is what prevents more sophisticated rotations for Pyros more than anything else. The current changes on the test server further aggravate that issue.

I don't have any heat issues and will kill every class 1v1 except good maras/sent. But it's not because our class is OP, this is because I'm good and know how to play my class. My gear is not so good, battlemaster+columi combat tech set and this spec. I don't know about your rotation, but if your heat is > 25 then you do something wrong.

Edited by Aradax

I don't have any heat issues and will kill every class 1v1 except good maras/sent. But it's not because our class is OP, this is because I'm good and know how to play my class. My gear is not so good, battlemaster+columi combat tech set and this spec. I don't know about your rotation, but if your heat is > 25 then you do something wrong.

just quoting this last post cause there is a dillusion here and i want to point it out. if you are beating EVERYONE 1 v 1 and you are not in max gear, then by default your class is OP.

this is just a simple fact, no one can deny this so don't even try. i have multiple 50s, and nothing comes close to my PT, NOTHING, i even have a marauder at 50, powertechs are 10x more powerful. only thing close is operative and only because of the 1 v 1 mentality of the class, take that away and they are worthless, my PT often will win 1 v 2 fights, and i mean OFTEN. mara/sents only win if they get me at the right time with ALL their cooldowns up, and then only if i have NONE of my cooldowns up AND we are in an enclosed space where i can't kite. my guess is, even after the nerf, PT will still be top because just about everyone else got nerfed too.

just quoting this last post cause there is a dillusion here and i want to point it out. if you are beating EVERYONE 1 v 1 and you are not in max gear, then by default your class is OP.

this is just a simple fact, no one can deny this so don't even try. i have multiple 50s, and nothing comes close to my PT, NOTHING, i even have a marauder at 50, powertechs are 10x more powerful. only thing close is operative and only because of the 1 v 1 mentality of the class, take that away and they are worthless, my PT often will win 1 v 2 fights, and i mean OFTEN. mara/sents only win if they get me at the right time with ALL their cooldowns up, and then only if i have NONE of my cooldowns up AND we are in an enclosed space where i can't kite. my guess is, even after the nerf, PT will still be top because just about everyone else got nerfed too.

I will agree with you if I had the same flawed logic about class balance. If SWTOR will continue to balance classes based on damage output or 1v1 situations, this game is going to go downhill.

I am a Pyro, so I can relate to what you are saying, but what you fail to mention is, that in WZ, damage and winning 1v1 encounters hardly ever gets you the WIN. Hec there are many WZ where I got 400-600k damage, 50+ kills, and we still lost.

While other classes maybe have less of an advantage with regards to 1v1 or damage/burst output, they bring other utilities to the WZ that actually makes a difference. That is why I have absolutely no problem, and I think it would still be balanced, if 1 or 2 ACs would be at the top of the food chain in 1v1 as long as they also dont have a collection of CC, pulls, push, jump, slow, speedboosts, heals, defensive cds, etc...

Does that mean because I lose to slingers and snipers more than I beat them, that they are definitely OP. How about the fact that beating a Jug/Consular team requires an exercise in futility? Does that mean that we should nerf them both because together they are one of the most powerful two man teams out there?

This thread is hillarious.

QFT

I love people playing an OP spec saying how amazing they are at PvP.

I played pyro (well assault, I have a VG) enough to know how OP it is compared to anything else in the game right now. Heck, I didn't even have the eliminator set and it was easy-mode.

If you think marauders are anywhere close to your damage as pyro then you suck at playing pyro. If you think you're special because you can 1v2 as pyro, you're not, a monkey can 1v2 and win as pyro. Pyro damage isn't quite pre-nerf operative but with good RNG it's better because you can down an infinite amount of targets without needing stealth.

Even with the 6s CD being added I still think it will out-perform most other DPS specs in the game in PvP.

Gunslingers and snipers are just about the only think that has any chance against the spec except you can just LoS them or stun them if they don't have their CC immunity up.

Funny thing is AP/Tactics stomps snipers.....

Greetings everyone!

Since this thread is more about general discussion of the Pyrotech class versus feedback from actual testing, we are closing this thread now that notes for 1.2 are out and we'd like to have the Public Test Server forum focus on feedback for 1.2

As a reminder, we ask that everyone please see the rules and guidelines and this thread for how to post for the Public Test Server.

We ask that threads revolve around discussion of the Public Test Server feedback and issues. If you have a specific suggestion or individual piece of feedback, we encourage you to post in the Suggestion Box forum or to make a thread regarding your issue in the relevant sub-forum.

We look forward to your feedback! Thank you! :)