The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Are there any heroic boss encounters in SWTOR?

When they said during development that a bunch of guys beating on one boss that ate too many protein bars isn't heroic, I didn't actually believe them that they wouldn't have any like that, but so far I haven't seen any that aren't like that.

People were thinking there would be "boss" encounters with waves of enemies; stuff like that.

Edited by Felioats

When they said during development that a bunch of guys beating on one boss that ate too many protein bars isn't heroic, I didn't actually believe them that they wouldn't have any like that, but so far I haven't seen any that aren't like that.

People were thinking there would be "boss" encounters with waves of enemies; stuff like that.

No we have world bosses, theres 1 on each planet, link for them is at the top of the page.

They might had wanted to stay away from 10 guys beating up 1 mean baddie but then they realized they would be making a 1 player game- not an MMO.

There are a few world quests where you get to fight hordes of enemies or one tough one. They're in there, its just not to the level we like.

They might had wanted to stay away from 10 guys beating up 1 mean baddie but then they realized they would be making a 1 player game- not an MMO.

There are a few world quests where you get to fight hordes of enemies or one tough one. They're in there, its just not to the level we like.

With phasing and low population limits, it pretty much is a single player game.

Kaon Under Siege has a boss encounter that has waves of enemies attack your group, with one of you on a turret for added dps.

Colicoid War Games has a similar mechanic, but is less fun imo because all of your group (minus healer, mostly) is on turrets. Basically, you throw away your class mechanics (again, minus healer) in favor of a new mechanic. In Kaon only one of you has that role switch, the rest still need to play their class appropriately. There's also a bit more to do, such as pulling the exploding mobs away from the turret/healer.

There are also some puzzle bosses/boss encounters strewn around. Both EV and KP have 1 puzzle boss, though in KP you still have a big baddie that needs to be downed. Colicoid also has a puzzle encounter.

I haven't seen nearly as many of the actual Heroic quests as FP/OPs, but I do have two "wave" examples there as well. The second heroic quest on Alderaan (for Republic) has waves of enemies. One of the heroics on Korriban (Imp, obviously) has waves of enemies. The Korriban one especially is only hard because of the waves without giving you a chance to recover. Each wave on its own is cake.

edit: Oh, and I just remembered hitting a puzzle heroic on Balmorra (rep). Actually, an Area 2 not strictly Heroic, but w/e. Taking the shuttle from the landing zone to the first 'real' zone, you fly over the heroic area. There's an actual Heroic to pick up that will send you there, and if you wander far enough back you should pick up the Area.

Edited by shadowflit