Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Stealth is broken

djmurloc

Companions will break stealth if you are an assassin and force cloak to drop out of battle.

They will still get aggro'd causing you to go RIGHT back into combat... even when they are on passive, have no dots on them ect ect ect...

Tell your companion to sell trash items (works in combat but dismiss doesn't) is the quickest work around I've found.

Hadn't thought about that, but I would prefer it when the companion would not pull me back into combat without having to find workaround solutions.

DoTs/Debuffs you or your companion places on others also takes you back into combat.

normally I'd agree but I'm getting pulled back into battle with NO DOTS on me or my companion. He's still being attacked while both of us are clean.

I actually noticed this last night when I was grinding dailies on Ilum. It wasn't like that a couple of nights ago.

I adapted, but it was just odd that I wasn't able to do my normal "routine" out there without getting popped out of stealth. Mind you, these are just the normal mobs out there for the Ilum daily commendation grind.

stealth is not perfect, and not fool proof.

if you are level 25..and trying to sneak past lvl 27 champions....heh...you won't.

stealth is not broken....it's just not as powerful as you think it is.

I'm sorry but you're just down right wrong here

I have a 50 OP and Assassin and have encountered the issues OP mentions more times than i care to count

The issue is real

I actually noticed this last night when I was grinding dailies on Ilum. It wasn't like that a couple of nights ago.

I adapted, but it was just odd that I wasn't able to do my normal "routine" out there without getting popped out of stealth. Mind you, these are just the normal mobs out there for the Ilum daily commendation grind.

Only had this problem since last patch.

normally I'd agree but I'm getting pulled back into battle with NO DOTS on me or my companion. He's still being attacked while both of us are clean.

This is happening to me too and one other new thing.

I vanished in this long tunnel, was no longer in combat, got to the end of the tunnel past another pack of mobs or two, then when I came out of stealth to kill the quest objective, the mobs I vanished from came running down the hall towards me aggroing everything in the path along the way.

This is happening to me too and one other new thing.

I vanished in this long tunnel, was no longer in combat, got to the end of the tunnel past another pack of mobs or two, then when I came out of stealth to kill the quest objective, the mobs I vanished from came running down the hall towards me aggroing everything in the path along the way.

heh I had the same problem when I was pulling the daily boss in Old enemies. Pretty much brought every mob with him forcing the party to leave the instance.

Stealth in this game isn't terrible, but it does have bugs and occasionally acts flaky.

The issue you seem to have is your companion has put a dot on a mob, not that you or your companions have dots on yourselves, and therefore gets pulled back into combat when it ticks.

The 'vanish' function for some reason does't clear dots put up by companions like it does for ones put up by the player. I consider it a bug.

Also, I've had occasions where I've successfully 'vanished' and yet the game will leave me in 'combat' with one or more mobs, none of which will follow me, drop me from stealth, or attack me, though they will all instantly engage if I drop stealth.

The only way I've found to clear this is to run far enough to have them reset or wait and use 'vanish' again.

Another weird one is when a group member initiates combat and either 'vanishes' or dies, even if you are in stealth and not in combat, the mobs will engage you and pull you out of stealth.

The converse also happens if your group members are not in combat, and you are and then 'vanish', the mobs will engage your group members.

A variation of this is when combat against a stealth detecting mob starts, even if you are outside their detection radius or LOS, it will pull you from stealth. Makes using your stealth openers on some bosses impossible.

And lastly, probably more lag based but still annoying, I've passed groups of mobs and been 20+ meters away, usually past another group or two, only to have the far off group agro, knock me out of stealth, and start chasing me.

And lastly, probably more lag based but still annoying, I've passed groups of mobs and been 20+ meters away, usually past another group or two, only to have the far off group agro, knock me out of stealth, and start chasing me.

I've wondered about this. Never had it happen till last patch.

If this is happening to you it's because you have lag. Your computer sends the "I'm dropping combat/stealthing" command. Your screen shows it happen. Then a packet is sent out to the server. The server is already calculating the damage for your combat and has sent the "You are taking damage" packet of data out to you. Then it gets the "I am dropping combat/Stealthing" packet. It stops calculating things.

Your computer gets the "I am taking damage." packet and puts you back in combat. then it helpfully sends a "I am in combat and taking damage." packet to the server which then calculates more damage as if you never left combat! Isn't the interwebz great?!

You need to ask your ISP to widen the pipes so you getz more interwebz faster!

Or, alternatively, the devs could just make everyone who pops a vanish immune, and auto-dismiss and resummon their pet instantly.

I have to disagree with the people saying that the vanish type ability for different classes was not broken and now it is, because it has been broken since release... maybe you only just noticed. Edited by System_TOR

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.