Operative change was a must due to new stat distribution?

FRISKI

Just a thought, I haven't seen anyone bring this up but then again I'm not on here so often.

Could the nerf be due to the massive amount of expertise that is being added to their gear? There is going to be a big boost of burst if I'm not mistaking with expertise rating being doubled or more? And in addition you can see the buff on the lethality tree indicating that if you want to dps in pve you should go that route?

Discuss.

Just a thought, I haven't seen anyone bring this up but then again I'm not on here so often.

Could the nerf be due to the massive amount of expertise that is being added to their gear? There is going to be a big boost of burst if I'm not mistaking with expertise rating being doubled or more? And in addition you can see the buff on the lethality tree indicating that if you want to dps in pve you should go that route?

Discuss.

Yeah, because expertise doesn't give damage reduction or anything too, right? I'm actually a little worried that the more expertise will hurt us even more, because burst will be even less effective.

Yeah, because expertise doesn't give damage reduction or anything too, right? I'm actually a little worried that the more expertise will hurt us even more, because burst will be even less effective.

Overall, as long as everyone has the same expertise, everything balances out. Only exception is in the case of healers.

I heard that in 1.2 we can take the mods of BM gear and use them in orange gear, if you can do so, and with the new augments, that might be a reasons for some nerfs (because of the extra stats that we will get from augments) but I am just guessing, I can´t say for sure. Any how, some other classes haven´t been nerfed like shadows/assassins and knights/warriors and they will have the extra stats too, maybe they saw that our burst could escalated greater than other classes giving us the chance to kill ppl faster than intended (which was the arguments to nerf HS in the past). I guess we will have to wait and see.

For another hand I am a bit concerned that we are not getting any extra survivability in exchange for the burst reduction in the talents. If the changes of patch 1.2 lead to longer pvp fights, that will go against us since we don´t have very good defensives CD´s and we wear medium armor.

Discuss.

Medic spec solo fight self heal potential got upgraded substantially. DPS got moved up the conceal tree to balance that new self healing power. My 31 10 build got an extra SP TA, much better TA generation potential and maintenance with 1 KP running and our AOE turned into a 6 second heal instead of a 15 second heal. Thats significant self healing capacity additions. And we already hold our own with any non burst DPS in similar gear levels moving that DPS up was called for.