The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Anyone clamoring for a level cap raise?

Hyryu

Just curious as I haven't found many people calling for a level cap increase. I know that most MMO's eventually raise the level cap with expansions. What are your guys thoughts?

Please no. I have 8 stories to get done before we talk about extending them. Probably with an expansion about 8 months from now.

I know they'll do it in an expansion and I'm in no hurry.

Before they do the level cap raise, a whole lot of players need to spend a whole lot of time and credits gearing themselves up in best-in-slot stuff.

Then, when they raise the level cap, they can vendor it all for the first green items they find!

How fun! :p

Just curious as I haven't found many people calling for a level cap increase. I know that most MMO's eventually raise the level cap with expansions. What are your guys thoughts?

"many" people are you and your alt?

I know they'll do it in an expansion and I'm in no hurry.

Before they do the level cap raise, a whole lot of players need to spend a whole lot of time and credits gearing themselves up in best-in-slot stuff.

Then, when they raise the level cap, they can vendor it all for the first green items they find!

How fun! :p

This is basically how video games work in general, not just in SWTOR and other MMO's. Think about it. Just when everyone spends all their time saving the galaxy,planet,country,mystical land, by defeating the aliens, terrorists, zombies, dragons, soccer moms, and getting the best guns,swords,spells, hair colors, the sequel comes out where you now have to do that all over again starting back at 0 and selling the original back to GameStop or leaving it on your shelf to collect dust. This is video games.

Pretty mixed bag of results. I wouldn't be interested in one for a very long time as there are plenty of current characters for me to level to 50 at this point. I just wondered what the general thought was. It just seems fairly easy to get to 50 which made me wonder if there were more levels to follow. I am more interested in expanded content or new character classes than a level increase but either way, I'm fine.

• 3 weeks later...

Increasing a level cap gives a sense of progression that you are getting more powerful. All the people saying that only content is needed are dumb. Spending time farming for gear from new content while lvl capped is the same as doing it while gaining levels.

Can you imagine how shafted people who just hit 50 will feel when a whole load of lvl 50 content opens up to them but they can't do it without having to first obtaining progressively better gear. Staggering the levels with the content guides players to the end which amounts to saving time which you all seem to be so anal about.

For those who experienced the derp that was arena when it first came out in wow knows what I mean.

I'd rather see BioWare making new and interesting quests/flashpoints/operations/class-story for level 50's instead of raising the level-cap.

After all, this is a story-driven MMO; not a level-driven one in my opinion. So I hope BioWare will refrain from changing the level-cap to 60 anytime soon, but rather create more interesting story-related things.