Just beat the hardest space mission with no upgrades

Aecheon

Took me well over 100 tries (12+ hours at least)

I will post a video up on youtube after I edit some stuff, but the final video will have me showing my ship with zero installed upgrades, me selecting the impossible sector, and running the mission from start to finish.

Just thought I would share with fellow space mission fans.

Oddly enough I feel like the Drexel Sweep with no upgrades is harder, but people wanted to see this, so I did it.

edit: youtube is giving me crap might take a while sorry D:

Edited by Aecheon

I will post a video up on youtube after I edit some stuff, but the final video will have me showing my ship with zero installed upgrades, me selecting the impossible sector, and running the mission from start to finish.

Oddly enough I feel like the Drexel Sweep with no upgrades is harder, but people wanted to see this, so I did it.

Holy moly! They should give you a title for that. Seriously. I have all the purples and extras except for EMP and I just scrape by.

IMO, Drexel Sweep is harder than The Impossible Sector. Grats though!

Drexel Sweep is one step rougher I'd say, so that has to be your next target - Drexel Sweep with zero upgrades *shudder*

Very nice achievment however - very impressive. As someone else said, there should be some special title for that!

Looking forward to the video!

Holy moly! They should give you a title for that. Seriously. I have all the purples and extras except for EMP and I just scrape by.

TBH, that's because you don't have the EMP. EMP makes Impossible Sector easymode. Fly into a pile of mines and pop it, and you've got 130 mines destroyed in one fell swoop. The mission's long enough to pop it twice, also, and you can knock out minefields instantly.

I use it on the second minefield (where you start turning left to go through it) and the one just prior to the minetender near the end. Makes the end fight so easy I can turn on high-blasters and not lose my shields.

/edit - corrected spelling.

Edited by SturmUndSterne