patch 1.2 release date?

trueanimus

i love how everyone is complaining about their computer, but nobody answers the question they came here for..

WHEN THE HELL IS 1.2 COMING OUT?!! lol

Agreed! I just want to know if I should maybe save myself a few bucks and unsub for the month? I want to make alts- but why bother until Legacy comes out? The endgame stuff is kind of a drag, especially on my under populated server (Kath Hound) So whats a guy to do? Is it coming out next week or the 31st?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no official date yet obviously, these things always change based on how buggy stuff is etc.

Although they do just release stuff early sometimes, I suspect they're being extra careful with this one, cause it's so big and important.

My guess is 17th April, or maybe 24th. Later than that and they might be delaying it too much, causing people to get so bored of waiting that they just quit.

But honestly who knows - they definitely need to iron out the creases in 1.2 before it goes live.

I generally have no connection/lag problems, and the game runs very smoothly. However the few times I have experienced bad lag (FPS or Ping), it makes the game nearly unplayable (either lower than 30FPS or above 200ms).

I will say that I think the large amount of people with performance issues are on the end-user side, people whose computers ran WoW fine but can't handle SWToR etc. etc,. Of my whole guild only 2 members ever complain about lag issues, and they're both in Japan (still have around 170ms usually).

Im stationed in friggin Kuwait and don't get disconnected.

Blame comcast

i agree im on 3 times a week across 6 characters an i never lose connection. i have comcast 150 with the ubee modem. if ur rockin comcast and u are getting droped connections i suggest putting a fan on your modem cuz that **** gets way 2 hot. i have had several modems from comcast an they all get way 2 hot an drop connection but when i put a fan on it now no problem in 6 months. games awesome. i dont mine waiting for the update but a release date would be nice. fx-8150 chip over clock 4.2 ghz *8 =over 33ghz. with 3 way sli 32gig of ram an crosshair V formula motherboard. and also have the game on g74sx-bbk7 laptop for mobile swtor.:cool:

This video pretty much says what is on my mind and I'm obviously not the only one that feels this way. This is the "General Discussion" forum and threads still get closed for people speaking their minds and it's pretty sad tbh.

Edited by Quintan

I play 8+ hours daily with 18 characters across 3 servers. I have Time Warner Cable which is also ran through a Linksys E2000 router. I Play with an i7 970 @4.2G on an Asus Rampage3 Formula with 18gigs of ram and 3 275 gtx cards on sli, all settings maxed & options on.

Now I can tell you i've dc'd atleast 3 times, but only on FP's with other players, and with substantial time between each drop. many times all throughout all game play i'll get a green loading screen (just the framed window part) and sometimes have to reboot.

I've never dc'd on my Asus Slate tablet, but I don't use that much for this game...

I've also ran across many bugs some of which are class dependant like immediately after defeating that green/orange goblin looking thing on Tython after Crafting your Light Saber, my character will be stuck laying down convulsing, like it just got stunned from the boss.

/stuck, quick travel, healing or performing an emote have no effect as the convulsing just continues. only thing that fixes it is logging out to player select screen.

I can also say that just because someone doesn't post their problems doesn't mean they aren't having any.

i WAS Hoping to find out if their was a release date. and with

Diablo 3 coming out in less then a month...... which took the time to beta test, i have a feeling that this patch will not WOW me enough to encourage me to keep playing 15$ a month for.

When i log on at night i see on average 10-20 people in the republic fleet. how do u expect us to get **** done when no one plays republic? I log into the Imps side of the server and they are sitting at 150+

If from DAY one, i could of scene a ratio of Republic to IMPS .. i wouldnt of choose the server i choose, and now being told thier is no possible server transfer i find it hard to commit another 3-4 months. to rebuild on a server that actully has a population to play with.

Im a average gamer. 3-4 hours a day. And i got this game to do some PVP/ raiding. which i cant do any thing because the pvp warzones end with thier not being enough players to join.

When in Illum you cant even get end game stuff done, cuz thier are always 40-50 imps camping every republic spawn point*

This game is going down the road of Age of Conan in the PVP scene, and frankly this game CURRENTLY Right now. enless you wanna play IMP. you are stuck soloing EVERY THING enless your lucky enough to find a guild that hasnt had 50% of its players Quit.

So i say if you dont give us a release date? Im calling shenanigans in the next 2-3 months.

so i say any one who is question unsubscribing DO it. So they see the loss in these numbers and get thier stuff together. Theirs no Reason a major patch should take this long to get release. its been advertised for over 2-3 months... and u keep giving more teasers but No release date. Well my Money goes to the best game out thier, and so far. blizzard has been a outstanding Company. One could only hope that BioWare learns from this company and starts making some educated decisions.

and im not trying to talk up* blizzard. Im a star craft player never ONCE played WoW.

but every republic player ive encountered turns out . came from wow. and canceled and went back to WoW. What does that say? sigh.... Just GIVE US A RELEASE DATE. Soon is a bull **** way of saying, we dont know*

Edited by aeonewbie

I've had 2 disconnects since December. In WoW, I would have multiple disconnects each day.

Don't know what is causing your disconnecting problems, but I don't think it's due to a buggy game. ToR has been amazingly stable for me.

my system specs

geforce 9500GT 1 gig video ram

3 gigs ddr2 ram

windows xp sp3

amd 64 bit dual core at 2.7ghz

broadband connnection with about 8.3 mbps download and 6.4 mbps upload

i can run this game for hours on end without a reboot, even though i get about 15-25 fps, it seems mostly playable except it gets low in pvp

could use some graphic optimizations to say the least, but at least i have not had any memory leaks, so thats good.

Reguarding the fps/DC issues, my freinds and i logged close to 43 hours of gameplay this weekend alone, with about 12 hours being the longest time playing strait through, and never once experianced disconnection issues or fps drop that were noteable. We all play on self built gaming PCs we built last december, and can run any game we've come across on highest settings with no issues. SWTOR is no exception to that. As for 1.2, im looking forward to any graphics upgrades avalable being as i havn't found a game yet that even challanges my computer. Hopefully this one will give me my moneys worth.

I know someone who continually DCs and I know it can't be her machine. It's a HP Envy 14, quad core processor, 4GB RAM, same specs as my laptop (Dell XPS 15z) and my laptop has yet to DC without my internet first cutting out. My PC is the same story (i7 920, 9GB RAM, Radeon HD 5790). The only difference between the two is our internet connections. I have 50MB UPC internet and she has 8MB Eircom internet. She also plays by wireless while I play wired. None of this seems to be on their end and it seems to just be a bad Internet provider