Pureblood Sith species on republic

Yndras

The problem will become that while there are specific instances where individuals "break the mold", these are to be the exceptions and not the rules....knowing MMO players pinochet for annoying others i wouldnt be surprised if repub players flooded thier faction with chiss / PB's. Making it all the more absurd.

Indeed. Lore and game design most often are two different beasts to handle. We must remember that if it can be done, it will be done, by default. This will apparently be a circus by choice, rather than by chance.

But enough about this, it's like giving them fuel to level them up just to be annoying. That's the real idea behind this legacy system, and a source of great energy for the interested parties. ;)

---

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was awesome, and most importantly it added to the possible player pool.

MMOs insisting on strict lines and no cross faction communication are essentially causing problems in their player base by dividing it in half. That's even the best case scenario.

Worst case, we get the situation as it is Pub side here. One side vastly out numbered, leading to frustration and those playing it either leaving, becoming bitter or switching sides.

Well, from what my current significant other says, since she played WoW (even though I don't hold that against her), she told me about the harrassment that opposing players would use on her and her guildmates. From what she said, it was pretty nasty stuff.

So playing devil's advocate here, I would say that BioWare probably saw or heard about those problems in WoW and figured the strict division would be best for everyone, and keep that kind of harrassment to a minimum.

That said, I personally love taunting and trolling opponents. Get them mad, and they attack stupid. Makes them easier prey. :D I do NOT PvP in TOR, though. I play real PvP over in New Eden. :)

The problem will become that while there are specific instances where individuals "break the mold", these are to be the exceptions and not the rules....knowing MMO players pinochet for annoying others i wouldnt be surprised if repub players flooded thier faction with chiss / PB's. Making it all the more absurd.

I'll admit, I will make a Chiss JK. :p But don't worry, I got an elaborate backstory to it, so don't worry it won't be just cause!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.