The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

POLL!! PLEASE!!! DEMOCRACY, not Democrazy!!

dvernissi

"sorry if you already read this in the pts forum but I've been asked to move the discussion here"

Aparently producers and supporting staff cannot read opinions if they're in the PTS forum...

Ladies. Gentleman (game producers and supporting staff)

could you PLEASE poll the crazyest features you're trying to put in the game before going live?

For example biochem pots only useable once in a fight? so every mmo has pots and they can be used, your idea of being unique and revolutionary is limiting that little clutch?

for some classes it's the only "oh ****" skills available. it helps fighting against little slip moments where a healer got a little distracted or you moved to the wrong position...

it's just a luck leveler. taking it off will add a LOT of stress.

remember, POLL.. we're very verbal in our community, we will tell you if it's a good idea or not.. just ask

if you would like to see the previous thread here it is:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3614544#post3614544

A) Pretty sure that Georg has explained the reasoning behind this change. You may not like it, but they did explain it.

B) This game is not a democracy. Lucasarts owns the intellectual property and Bioware owns the game.

They get to decide what is going to happen.

C) The 'healer getting a little distracted' is supposed to be a problem. If you regularly group with a bad healer, then don't ask that the game be made super-easy to accomodate you.

D) 51% of the players may think that it is a good idea for Bioware to give the Imperial classes more content and to ignore the Republic.

If you think that that is a good idea, then discussion is useless.

Edited by Mithros

A) Pretty sure that Georg has explained the reasoning behind this change. You may not like it, but they did explain it.

B) This game is not a democracy. Lucasarts owns the intellectual property and Bioware owns the game.

C) The 'healer getting a little distracted' is supposed to be a problem. If you regularly group with a bad healer, then don't ask that the game be made super-easy to accomodate you.

D) 51% of the players may think that it is a good idea for Bioware to give the Imperial classes more content and to ignore the Republic.

If you think that that is a good idea, then discussion is useless.

So correct. IF you dont like what the developers are doing then you develope and create your own game where you can decide what goes in it and what changes are to be made.

no, sorry gentleman, but the correct answer is:

IF I dont like what the developers are doing I stop paying and go pay for something else.

which is what people consider doing once they see a company going the way they dont like.

I'm not saying the changes are bad, I would just like to be consulted when it comes to changes in a service I pay for.

no, sorry gentleman, but the correct answer is:

IF I dont like what the developers are doing I stop paying and go pay for something else.

which is what people consider doing once they see a company going the way they dont like.

I'm not saying the changes are bad, I would just like to be consulted when it comes to changes in a service I pay for.

that is perfectly your right, and what you should be doing. however to think that they should be consulting you is silly. as someone else stated, if we were to see a poll that said "drop all republic content by 50% and add it to empire" who do you think would win that considering the current server balance? polls in general are incredibly biased. most dont vote, and even when they do most dont actually research what it is they are voting on. if you want a great example look at the national elections. do you really want to vote in another bush?

This game is for us, not for them. We pay their salaries, the development costs and ultimately give them their profits. If they continually go against the will of the community, they will suffer the consequences.

This game is for us, not for them. We pay their salaries, the development costs and ultimately give them their profits. If they continually go against the will of the community, they will suffer the consequences.

implying that there is one collective will. there are so many players with so many wants/needs/likes/dislikes/hates that no segment will be 100% satisfied, EVER.

if you really want to get right down to it, look at the galaxies crowd. do you really want galaxies 2.0 that they keep rallying for?

also, really, go read your tos. you dont own, nor deserve, any part of this game. yes, we do pay for access to the servers, but we dont own a single part of it, not even the account. while it is good business to attain as many subs as possible, and keep them for as long as possible, this is very much their game and they will do as they see fit. they could literally announce today that they are ending the game at the end of next month and there would be no actual recourse for you.

I do think there is room for some instances of player polling. BW has already done this with regards to the UI.

To get it right, however, BW needs to place the poll in the launcher, and let it run for several weeks. This way, people playing the game (and not only playing the fourms) will have input, and the length of time will ensure casuals see it.

Polling isn't a solution 90% of the time, though. BW needs to follow its vision, and needs to do what is right for the game as others above have said.

ok, so when someone gives the example "drop republic content and create sith" that's just silly!

when you cast a poll you dont do it with things that you already know!

you do it with opinions that can and will be balanced throughout.

! of course there's more sith, therefore they would always win, and of course polling sith against republic is plain stupid...

other subjects such as:

ASSASSIN, do you like the look of your armour?! YES? NO?

same question can be asked on the other side: SHADOW, do you like the look of your armour? YES? NO?

see? fair and square.

and again, about ToS. the game isn't mine

it's a service I pay for, and therefore am allowed to use while I'm paying and can be removed and/or revoked at any given time, although, it is, as far as I know, mutual interest that both parties agree.

myself so I can give BW money, and BW so they can receive my money.

if I'm happy, I pay for it and bring friends.

if I'm unhappy, I go away and take friends with me

wether you like it or not, this game is customer driven. in the end people are answering to polls by just accepting the changes or dropping out..

what I'm asking for is that some, NOT ALL, just SOME things were to be asked before implemented, JUST in case we fall into a SWG CU situation, where Sony changed the game without listening to opinions (or without listening to opinions correcly) and ended up destroying one of the best mmos ever.