Mods,Upgrades,Armor,

Gallions

I was wondering if anyone could help me, I was questing the other day (Doing missions) and my friend and I were debating the use of the upgrade stations. It costs credits to take mods off armor and guns with or without the upgrade stations. So I was wondering what is the use of the stations?

Also how come only certain items can be upgraded? can I make my greens up gradable?

No, you can't make regular gear modifiable. The original gear has to have slots in order to be modified. Right now, that's restricted to orange gear and some purple gear, or "exceptional" crafted items that have a single augment slot.

The modded gear takes on the characteristics of the grade of upgrades you use. Meaning, if you use green upgrades what you essentially have is green gear; blue upgrades = blue gear; etc.

As for the machines, I have no idea why they are even in the game, other than to give lower level characters a little exp bump with the mini-mission to check them out. There's no difference between using the machine and using ctrl+right-click to change your modifications.