Ammo Vs Heat: Its the same

CharleyDanger

I bow out, and unlike you, Im really done talking about this.

He is not done talking about this, he has to put in the last post to feel superior.

The op's math is wrong, but "it feels right" to him.

Nothing you can do about that.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing you're continually missing is you don't regen or use fractions of ammo or heat, it's always 1. This scripted encounter above could never happen the way you have it portrayed.

Mathematically there's a theoretical imbalance, realistically it doesn't exist.

That's the point. It doesn't matter until one player actually runs out of ammo and the fractional ammo represents the amount of additional time the player must wait until he can shoot. Since the game rounds down, 1.9 ammo is still 1 ammo and not enough to shoot.

9 hits and the BH wins. 100% of the time provided they both are within the hit point range. Moreover, there is NO difference between theoretical and reality since the GAME IS A VIRTUAL SIMULATION BASED ON MATH.

It is a mathematical 4% favor for bounty hunters that results in 100% victory within 9 hits.

My source? Playing the game and using basic math is my source.

3 Pulses = 6 ammo

3 Pulses = 4.5 secs

.60 ammo x 4.5 secs = 2.7 ammo

6 ammo - 3 ammo = 3 ammo used (game rounds)

Where I got the idea that the game rounds is when I tested this out in game. Log on right now and see what happens when you use three pulse in a row. According to you the break down would be

3 Pulses = 6 ammo

3 Pulses = 4.5 secs

.60 ammo x 4.5 secs = 2.7 ammo

6 ammo - 2.7 ammo = 3.3 ammo used (exact math fanatic)

I have tested this in game, and after the 3rd GCD of the 3rd pulse (4.5 secs total) a trooper will have... wait for it... 3 Ammo. Its a undeniable truth that the game rounds.

I proved this to be a lie. Unless you were using a scripted and timed macro during said action, you spent 5.3 seconds due to human reaction times. That means the trooper will have.... wait for it... 4 Ammo.

12 Ammo - 6 ammo + 0.6*5.3 seconds = 9.18 Ammo.

In order for your statement to be true, the sum of 3 times your reaction speed AND network latency has to be less than half a second.

I don't understand how you guys can keep arguing about this.

The original poster spelled this out in irrefutable ways, it's like you guys are PURPOSEFULY ignoring that heat/ammo costs are rounded down, just so your little "Waaah, BH"s regen better" BS can stand.

Let's go over this again.

It does not MATTER that the BH can cast 3.125 flamebursts while the commando can cast 3 Ion blasts after a vent heat/reload!

When can you EVER cast a .125 flameburst? NEVER. The fact that there are these little decimal differences means NOTHING in terms of actual game play. They never actually effect anything.

I don't understand how you guys can keep arguing about this.

The original poster spelled this out in irrefutable ways, it's like you guys are PURPOSEFULY ignoring that heat/ammo costs are rounded down, just so your little "Waaah, BH"s regen better" BS can stand.

Let's go over this again.

It does not MATTER that the BH can cast 3.125 flamebursts while the commando can cast 3 Ion blasts after a vent heat/reload!

When can you EVER cast a .125 flameburst? NEVER. The fact that there are these little decimal differences means NOTHING in terms of actual game play. They never actually effect anything.

It was proven that the original poster was lying. link to Screenshot evidence was taken and posted on page 5.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=4073686#post4073686

The fractional flame burst means the BH can wait less time regenerating before using another one . In other words, kill the trooper faster than the trooper can kill the BH. Same gear, BH always wins.

Trooper runs out of ammo in 8 hits. BH gets 9 hits before running out of ammo.

Edited by GitRDone

I don't know who is right and who is wrong. I do know people that play both troopers and bounty hunters and every one of them prefer the heat mechanic for whatever reason.

So my question for the OP is this..

Do you have a problem with people who want Troopers to actually be mirrors to the Bounty Hunter?