Wanting to switch crafting professions for 1.2.

JudasMagnus

I am currently a level 36 Powertech, and have invested a lot of time, resource gathering, and credits on Biochem/Bioanalysis/Diplomacy.

With other crafting professions becoming more useful in 1.2, I've wanted to cancel Biochem, and go into another crafting/gathering/mission combination.

How much hassle/time is it to start 3 new crew skills at level 1/1/1? Should I just wait until 50 when it starts "raining credits" as people say, and THEN do the switch?

I'm currently questing on Quesh, and if I switch professions right now, then I wouldn't be able to gather any resources here and my gathering crew skill will be underleveled on the journey to 50. >_<

I all honesty, you'd be best waiting until 50 to switch.

My trooper was Diplomacy/Underworld/Slicing while leveling (don't ask me why...lol)

I switched her to Armormech/Scavenging (put Underworld on a separate toon and kept Slicing) And it took me less than 2 days to level up to 400/400 (not sure offhand how many credits it cost, but I was grinding dailies like a mofo during this time, so with ~250k per day income the new skills weren't a problem.

i've switched crewskills multiple times on 2 different 50's. did it once to switch my warr from synthweaving/underworld/archeology to artificer for the rakata relics, and then again to biochem/diplomacy/bioanalysis. i also switched a BH from armormech/underworld/scavenging to biochem/diplomacy/bioanalysis.

i'd say it costs about 150k to 200k if you simply level all 3 skills from 1-400, meaning you dont buy any superfluous recipes, and dont buy all of the "rakata" level recipes at 400. some of this you can make back by either selling the left over mats you have. considering that you can make about 200k a day doing dailies alone, you might want to wait until 50.

If you plan on buying the materials needed to power level your new profession, you may have left it too late.

If you have some spare credits not really doing anything, scan the GTN daily and buy the cheap materials needed to level now before patch 1.2. There are power level guides around for material requirements.

Once patch 1.2 hits everyone wil lbe trying to crit craft new gear. And materials will be rare. Gatherers will make a fortune.

i dumped cybertech for slicing, i now use UW scav and slicing. i plan on having a couple cargo bays full of there materials.

i power leveled all three over one weekend. from 1/1/1 t0 400 slicing 350 UW and 300 scav, since all are at 400 and produce decent amounts.

it dosent take much time to level the crew skills. not much at all, boring and a challenge to run FP solo with no comp to boost you thru.

since most "professions" will be crafting a augment for different class builds its all in choice.

you may want to participate in the 1.2 patch in testing on the test server to gauge for yourself whats popular or whatnot.

i chose to stock up on the materials and i scoop up mats i find on the narshadda and fleet igtn's.

and you dont necessarily need to replace all 3 crew skills, might just need to replace one or two.....

have fun!

Edited by Muertepk