The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

[Request] In-game Mail option "Archive" to dump to a text file

EJedi

Please add an option, similar to the "get attachments from checked/selected messages" option, that allows us to archive messages to a text file.

All you need to do is create a folder, under the existing Documents\Star Wars - TOR folder, with the name of the server and character, then under that have a "Mail" folder and a "Screenshots" folder (to fix the screenshot mashup issue at the same time) where the messages would get stored when archived.

The screenshot suggestion would fix another problem I have, where it's difficult to sort out screenshots from different characters.

This is a good idea. I'm guessing the only reason mails have to expire is so that BioWare's databases don't become unnecessarily large. If players want to keep all their mails and can fit them on their PC then they should have the choice

I concur with this suggestion. I knew soon after getting these interesting 'closure' emails from NPCs that I wanted to keep them. I never deleted them from my email inbox. Sadly, that doesn't work as newer emails push out older ones when the box is full.

Now I'm afraid I loose the funny, charming love letters from my companion!

Give us a way to keep these emails BW.