Really not liking the new upcoming legacy skills

ashanator

I love how we can change out sprint ability to a hovering one as if we have rocket boosters equipped and the new emotes and such

BUT i hate how ops/sorcs can now get force choke and orbital bombardment etc.. i think these skills define a certain class and now their offering to give that away..

TL;DR ?

Can we now expect power techs to be using force lightning and Jedi Sages to be using force stasis ? i really dont like where this part of the legacy is going !

I do understand that they said they will control the use of skills but i mean force choke/ bombardment etc are the main skills that define a certain class

Thoughts ?

I love how we can change out sprint ability to a hovering one as if we have rocket boosters equipped and the new emotes and such

BUT i hate how ops/sorcs can now get force choke and orbital bombardment etc.. i think these skills define a certain class and now their offering to give that away..

TL;DR ?

Can we now expect power techs to be using force lightning and Jedi Sages to be using force stasis ? i really dont like where this part of the legacy is going !

I do understand that they said they will control the use of skills but i mean force choke/ bombardment etc are the main skills that define a certain class

Thoughts ?

They can't use them in Warzones, they can't use them in Ops. If you fill a group to 4 players in a FP, they cannot use them. People can only use these abilities when they have their companion summoned, and it still has a good cooldown for every time they use it. It is not breaking my game in any way if a smuggler gets to force choke a mob once and a while.

But why though, i dont get the reasons behind this. Theres simply no point to it.

me either.. the fact that they can actually use them even once every 5 minutes still takes away from being a certain class

as much as open world pvp doesnt exist i do regulary go to tat/hoth to do it and the fact that ill be able to be force choked by an op just doesnt jive lol

It actually fits quite well for the most part imo.

Its only available during your 'heroic moments' (game wise those 20min cooldowns only usable with a companion that plays cool music)

These are supposed to be, lore wise, big 'oh ****' moments in your characters career and adrenalin + being backed into a corner can bring out some crazy stuff.

You could suddenly decide to try calling in some old favors owed to your parent by a ship captain whose life he saved (orbital strike)

Decide to try out grandaddys old flamethrower you carry around only for sentimental value.

The small amount of force affinity (that is hereditary) while not enough to have constant use can be accessed in a stressful situation and suddenly you find yourself choking some dude.

Of course then there's the amusing image of someone going 'Here's a little technique I was taught by my uncle..' right before a swift kick to the crotch lol

You have to have your companion out to use them and are unable to use them in Ops and WZs.

Therefore you can only pretty much use them questing alone.

And you don't HAVE to do that if it's ruining your immersion.

I don't see the problem, I'm glad they are doing it AND I won't be using them. The game needs some interesting content added for different likes that different players have.

me either.. the fact that they can actually use them even once every 5 minutes still takes away from being a certain class

as much as open world pvp doesnt exist i do regulary go to tat/hoth to do it and the fact that ill be able to be force choked by an op just doesnt jive lol

It's not every 5 minutes. It's every 20 minutes and you can only use them while the one minute buff is up. They will be real rare. This is totally RP stuff. Your father's a Jedi and taught you force wave because you are force sensitive but you became a smuggler instead so sometimes use force wave to get out of trouble. Nothing wrong with this. It fits the cannon and it isn't game breaking. It's also pretty much solo game play stuff so you can pretty much completely ignore it if you want. So who cares.

Edited by JerokTalram

You have to have your companion out to use them and are unable to use them in Ops and WZs.

Therefore you can only pretty much use them questing alone.

And you don't HAVE to do that if it's ruining your immersion.

I don't see the problem, I'm glad they are doing it AND I won't be using them. The game needs some interesting content added for different likes that different players have.

Dont get me wrong its not me who im bothered about using them because i wont.. its people in the open world that is gonna be using them.. if you go to hoth at peak hours theres lots of people to kill.. which means lots of chance to be flame throwered by an assassin.. i just dont like it personally

i think it should be cosmetic only

Dont get me wrong its not me who im bothered about using them because i wont.. its people in the open world that is gonna be using them.. if you go to hoth at peak hours theres lots of people to kill.. which means lots of chance to be flame throwered by an assassin.. i just dont like it personally

i think it should be cosmetic only

And getting flamed by a Bounty Hunter is different how? Either way, you're on fire.

And last I checked.....being on fire sucks.

One thing i dont like about this game is its more similar to the new movies than teh originals.

When do we hear the imperial march lol. Stupid legacy ****. They need to focus more on open world pvp than thinking up crap like that.

Edited by Smudgersmith

IMO it fits the lore jsut fine, and if the point is to add a familial feeling to the legacy tree, works just fine. So my troopers dad is a jedi knight. Why wouldn't he be able to do a force sweep in times of stress?

One thing i dont like about this game is its more similar to the new movies than teh originals.

When do we hear the imperial march lol. Stupid legacy ****. They need to focus more on open world pvp than thinking up crap like that.

I have the Imperial March as my Holocom ringtone. Sometimes I just let it ring and ring and ring....

Are you able to get a thought our of your head without having to be censored?

The reason why they're "coming up" with this stuff is because they already had it mostly done. They just couldn't get it in for the launch and they really wanted it in.

It's their game. I completely understand that they need to listen to the community but like they said, they came up with the legacy near the beginning of creating the game. So let them have this little thing and then they can start rolling stuff out.

And getting flamed by a Bounty Hunter is different how? Either way, you're on fire.

And last I checked.....being on fire sucks.

oh because maybe assassins and warriors dont run around with flame throwers strapped to their arm.. cant say i ever saw darth vader or obi wan with a blaster on their arm

cant say i ever saw bobba fett running around force choking people either.. doesnt make sense

oh because maybe assassins and warriors dont run around with flame throwers strapped to their arm.. cant say i ever saw darth vader or obi wan with a blaster on their arm

cant say i ever saw bobba fett running around force choking people either.. doesnt make sense

I never saw them go to the toilet so are you saying that if they did it would be wrong ?

Because its so hard to just take along a flamethrower or just inherit some minor force powers right? This is a different era than the movies. Different time period, different people, different ideals.

Hi everyone,

As we already have several threads for discussion of the various aspects of this topic, we're closing this thread in the interest of consolidating discussions. We encourage you to join the existing discussions about this topic in the following threads:

After seeing 1.2 patch notes..

Patch 1.2 sprint

Classes able to use other class abilities? will this break the game?

Thanks!