Operative Help

TryonPayne

I wanted to see what others were using as far as specs and rotations because for me it seems that I am not laying out as much dmg or I am blowing through my energy too fast. I am pre 50 so gear is not the issue for right now. If anyone could help that would be great.

my spec is 3-26-0 right now and my rotaion usually consists of HS-SHIV-CC (the blade that stuns for 4 seconds) -LAS- EV.

Gear still matters pre 50. You need gear of the same level as yourself for maximum results.

Also, until you get Hidden Strike and Acid Blade, your damage isn't going to be that impressive.

Use backstab, shiv, frag grenade, explosive probe, and laceration for your highest damaging attacks. Stim Boost and Adrenaline Probe should also be used any time you're burning through your energy.

EDIT: Also, don't forget to use sever tendon so that you're always on the target, and if they are ranged spam your rifle shot.

Edited by Skillmare

I wanted to see what others were using as far as specs and rotations because for me it seems that I am not laying out as much dmg or I am blowing through my energy too fast. I am pre 50 so gear is not the issue for right now. If anyone could help that would be great.

my spec is 3-26-0 right now and my rotaion usually consists of HS-SHIV-CC (the blade that stuns for 4 seconds) -LAS- EV.

I open with:

HS > Backstab > Stun > Shiv > Lascerate > Sever Tendon

Keep Sever Tendon up at ALL TIMES and bind it close to your main keys when you PVP.

I heard there is a class forum around here for each class? ya go there...

Gear still matters pre 50. You need gear of the same level as yourself for maximum results.

Also, until you get Hidden Strike and Acid Blade, your damage isn't going to be that impressive.

Use backstab, shiv, frag grenade, explosive probe, and laceration for your highest damaging attacks. Stim Boost and Adrenaline Probe should also be used any time you're burning through your energy.

EDIT: Also, don't forget to use sever tendon so that you're always on the target, and if they are ranged spam your rifle shot.

He's already got Hidden Strike.

Energy will usually be a non-issue in PVP.

I open with:

HS > Backstab > Stun > Shiv > Lascerate > Sever Tendon

Keep Sever Tendon up at ALL TIMES and bind it close to your main keys when you PVP.

awful rotation if you got HS...

AB/HS > Ambush shot+Probe > Lacerate > AB/BS > Lacerate or shiv+lacerate if you didn't get the extra TA

That way you make full use of your AB dot.

But your target is already dead at this point if you're in the 10-49 braket and got some crits on this.

If needed debilitate/sever tendon at the end of the burst and reload ambush shot+surchage shot to finish it + frag grenade or bs/shiv/lacerate if REALLY you're not done with the opponent and depending on how you used sever tendon or debilitate.

Use debilitate after the first lacerate if you didn't crit enough so you can start another burst cycle.

EDIT:

If you're a sadist and have some times in your hands then you can also debilitate + orbital strike + severe tendon for the fun :D

Edited by Bocherel

awful rotation if you got HS...

AB/HS > Ambush shot+Probe > Lacerate > AB/BS > Lacerate or shiv+lacerate if you didn't get the extra TA

That way you make full use of your AB dot.

But your target is already dead at this point if you're in the 10-49 braket and got some crits on this.

If needed debilitate/sever tendon at the end of the burst and reload ambush shot+surchage shot to finish it + shiv/lacerate if REALLY you're not done with the opponent.

Use debilitate after the first lacerate if you didn't crit enough so you can start another burst cycle.

No.

"Ambush Shot"?

...and how, pray tell, are you going to get in that Backstab when you don't even have Sever Tendon in your rotation and your enemy with be running all over the place?

...and LOL@recommending a Crouch/Explosive Probe rotation to a player learning PVP.

If you're a sadist and have some times in your hands then you can also debilitate + orbital strike + severe tendon for the fun :D

Worst advice EVER.

You're wasting 3 seconds of stun for one, maybe two volleys of Orbital Strike (which he won't even get until lvl48).

What you meant to say was Flashbang > Orbital Strike > whatever

Edited by Squatdog_nz

No.

"Ambush Shot"?

...and how, pray tell, are you going to get in that Backstab when you don't even have Sever Tendon in your rotation and your enemy with be running all over the place?

...and LOL@recommending a Crouch/Explosive Probe rotation to a player learning PVP.

Worst advice EVER.

^ Nobody should listen to this guy. Awful rotation. Believes crouch+probe is hard to do. Don't know what is Ambush shot.

I hope you don't play an operative and just watched some vids of others awful players like you.

You're wasting 3 seconds of stun for one, maybe two volleys of Orbital Strike (which he won't even get until lvl48).

What you meant to say was Flashbang > Orbital Strike > whatever

Yes, that's two volley, even three volley if the opponent is stupid (often the case) and that's for the fun, you don't know how to read either?

Also you'd be wasting an aoe 1mn CD mezz instead of a 30sec single target stun? If you're going to break a CD to use orbital strike then use the right one.

Edited by Bocherel

^ Nobody should listen to this guy. Awful rotation. Believes crouch+probe is hard to do. Don't know what is Ambush shot.

I hope you don't play an operative and just watched some vids of others awful players like you.

Yes, that's two volley, even three volley if the opponent is stupid (often the case) and that's for the fun, you don't know how to read either?

You don't even have Sever Tendon in your rotation and would waste an entire 4 second stun and a two second root on a single DD from Orbital Strike.

Just stop talking.

LOL@'Ambush Shot'...

You don't even have Sever Tendon in your rotation and would waste an entire 4 second stun and a two second root on a single DD from Orbital Strike.

Just stop talking.

LOL@'Ambush Shot'...

Oh the irony

I'm sorry I have wasted my time with someone who is not only TERRIBLE at his own class but also can't read properly.

Yeah keep going with that AWESOME hs+bs rotation dude, you're doing just fine with your class :rolleyes:

Thanks for proving my point, Mr terribad.

Edited by Bocherel

You will get so many different answers as to the correct rotation, but one thing you must remember is who you are attacking and if they know how to counter or not.

An unskilled player is easy to dominate. A skilled one is almost impossible to kill once they stun you during your initial rotation and chances are if you can't re-stealth (with Cloaking Screen) you will get owned by a skilled player with similar gear.

Edited by Ozzone

Don't know what is Ambush shot.

Sorry, just went through my op, my scoundrel, my gunslinger and my sniper. Went through the wiki, went through Tor. Checked WoW, GW, Rift, AoC, WAR, DaoC and still can't find "Ambush Shot".

I've found "Ambush", which is a sniper ability btw, not an Op ability. But no "Ambush shot"

there were only two situations in which i would run out of energy:

1) when i was tagging people with my dot (vital shot on the republic side) and that was when dots were still interrupting the actions

2) when i was fighting a target that would get some help (healing from other person or a shield etc)

in an usual fight you should not have energy problems (if you do, try popping pugnacity)

however i had more damage thanks to the biochem stim and adrenals so the enemies were getting killed a bit faster :)

Sorry, just went through my op, my scoundrel, my gunslinger and my sniper. Went through the wiki, went through Tor. Checked WoW, GW, Rift, AoC, WAR, DaoC and still can't find "Ambush Shot".

I've found "Ambush", which is a sniper ability btw, not an Op ability. But no "Ambush shot"

It is a long range shot available on operative, I guess it has another name for the english version? If so I apologize for the mistake and I have no idea what it is called for english people.

It's the big shot you cast with 1.5s from crouch.

Ambush - rogue ability in wow, so i think he meant Hidden strike.

Lmao, I've put hidden strike first in the rotation :rolleyes:

I had no idea you guys had another name for that skill in your language, I thought the translation would be the same.

You will get so many different answers as to the correct rotation, but one thing you must remember is who you are attacking and if they know how to counter or not.

An unskilled player is easy to dominate. A skilled one is almost impossible to kill once they stun you during your initial rotation and chances are if you can't re-stealth (with Cloaking Screen) you will get owned by a skilled player with similar gear.

Well he asked for a damage rotation, in his 10-49 bracket he won't find many players able to withstand the burst anyway

He'd have to practice where he puts the stun and root in his rotation depending on his opponent later. You can't practice that much when you're 40+ and others are no match for you in this bracket.

It is a long range shot available on operative, I guess it has another name for the english version? If so I apologize for the mistake and I have no idea what it is called for english people.

It's the big shot you cast with 1.5s from crouch.

It's called snipe.

I'd be skeptical using that in any normal rotation, despite its damage output. I mean, if the player is bad, I guess it wouldn't matter, but still.

It's called snipe.

I'd be skeptical using that in any normal rotation, despite its damage output. I mean, if the player is bad, I guess it wouldn't matter, but still.

Ok, thanks for clearing that.

BTW He is knocked down while you cast it, makes up for great additional burst instead of losing a GCD to put probe only

If he breaks the knockdown with his cc-breaker to prevent the burst then you made him crack it for a short CC which is a win-win situation.

The rest of the rotation is arguable, to each his own but using hs+bs as an opener is far from optimal. It's ok in some situation where you need to constantly move (following the ball, just finishing off a low-life player, etc) but in most case if you want to put all the burst possible in one hit then it is a no brainer go for ab/hs+snipe/probe.

Edited by Bocherel

Ok, thanks for clearing that.

BTW He is knocked down while you cast it, makes up for great additional burst instead of losing a GCD to put probe only

If he breaks the knockdown with his cc-breaker to prevent the burst then you made him crack it for a short CC which is a win-win situation.

The rest of the rotation is arguable, to each his own but using hs+bs as an opener is far from optimal. It's ok in some situation where you need to constantly move (following the ball, just finishing off a low-life player, etc) but in most case if you want to put all the burst possible in one hit then it is a no brainer go for ab/hs+snipe/probe.

So your ACTUAL rotation goes:

HS > Crouch~Snipe~Explosive Probe > Lacerate

That is the worst opener I have ever seen.

So your ACTUAL rotation goes:

HS > Crouch~Snipe~Explosive Probe > Lacerate

That is the worst opener I have ever seen.

The only reason you think it's the worst opener ever, even though it is the best one, is because you are probably the worst operative we have acknowledged on the forum so it's no surpise that you have zero understanding of the game mechanics.

Edited by Bocherel

What are these rotations, I don't even know.

AB>HS>Shiv>Lac>AB>BS

Insert root/stun/stim/explo probe at any time after shiv. There's no set rotation, but the basis is pretty much what I listed.. Sometimes you'll do BS after shiv in that rotation, if you inserted stun and probe directly after shiv. It always changes, and nade/rifleshot is used very often too. Sometimes you'll happen to toss a Freighter on the healer clump right after that HS, you never know.

But you guys inserting snipe into your regular rotation are just wrong. It has its uses, but not often at all.

Edited by Reenolols