GMail v. GMail

eartharioch

OK, with Google mail, I'm using like 29 MB out of my 7.something GB, and I hardly ever prune that account.

In SWTOR, I've had *way* less than 1 MB mail total, but BW keeps deleting the good stuff -- by which I mean NPC emails send in response to quest actions. I still have a few empty emails with my Founder title, etc., and I don't care about spam or Galactic Trade message deletion, but why (especially with the reported low server usage) do my PVE-RP messages get deleted after a while. That's part of my PC's history, and should take virtually no storage space (8 bytes per PC max, since they are canned messages), so why does BW auto delete them with no chance for me to save (even a "save" button that acted just like a print screen and dropped the message to a SWTOR subfolder like screen shots, which take up much more storage, would be better than just deleting them).

In a similar vein, considering BW's CRPG background, why is there no quest log (missions completed or journal entries) section? Even UniPrint text storage is minimal in these days of terabyte drives.

As it is, I have to break game immersion by using a secondary computer to free-style PC history into a TXT file. That's what we call "Hi-TEK".

The sad part is, that this isn't likely a bug, it's by design (or, more likely, failure to design).

If I'm going to keep toons around for a while, I'd really like a way to go back and review their history in-game.

Unfortunately, this failure finally made me snap the one week the devs are skipping Q&A, and it's sad, as this (current implementation / design) is what they said they want to get asked about, not future features.

So, why was such basic functionality omitted from the game?

tl;dr -- Why can't we save messages from Galactic Mail?

--player who actually used these features in BG/IWD

Edited by eartharioch
Add tl;dr

These are questions I'd like to see answered too.

For a game that's supposed to be all about the story it sure is an odd design choice to see to it that story dissapears into the ether once you're done with it.