sentinel 1.2 buff

Maffsor

Just because one or even a few people happen to do stupidly high damage does not mean the class is perfect.

It is like smoking and not getting cancer and claiming that smoking doesn't cause cancer because you have not got it.

BW has data from beta till now on the average damage out put of every class, any changes they make are for the community not 1 or 2 people

Just because one or even a few people happen to do stupidly high damage does not mean the class is perfect.

It is like smoking and not getting cancer and claiming that smoking doesn't cause cancer because you have not got it.

BW has data from beta till now on the average damage out put of every class, any changes they make are for the community not 1 or 2 people

I like the way you said that.

So you they did 800k on 36 kills he did 400k real damage and half was healed thru. And no one saw him as a threat to kill him.so your a bad player who just stood there hitting your target not doing a damn thing just wasting time till you got help killing your target. The other sent did 200k and 20 kills he could take down his targets.

Actually it's watchman spec, so he's hopping from target to target and getting his dot's up. You can really maximize your damage this way. Kinda like in Dirty fighting or the other class shared trees... I can go dot everything, I don't make a damn bit of difference. But hey, my dps was crazy. I agree that the poster should have stayed on targets, int, cc'd, tried to single people out. But with the DOT builds, sometimes you just go lowest to highest cuz you can do more dps. Regardless, it's an impressive damage total and really hard to freaking do. My best friend plays a sent.. his hands had to of hurt after that dps output LOL

Actually it's watchman spec, so he's hopping from target to target and getting his dot's up. You can really maximize your damage this way.

Precisely. This is why I think a lot of Sents look down on the Combat spec. Because of burst damage and the small windows of high output dmg, it is wiser imho to stick on your target on Combat and run through the burst rotation you have up.

I usually see really good Combat spec Sents have more solo kills because of this than other classes. Whereas a good Watchman is almost a support class hoping from mob to mob to lay down dots. They get massive dmg scores this way and as long as they stay alive they get a kill because they did dmg to the dead opponent.

Even after the update I still think Watchman will hold the high dmg and most kills award, but Combat spec will even pick up more solo kills and increase dmg a good bit.

BOTH have their purpose in the fight, and god help the other team if you find a team of a Combat and Watchman spec working together with the Watchman bouncing to the mob first to land dots and the Combat coming behind them to finish them off with burst while the Watchman moves on to the next target that the Combat will soon follow to after he finishes the kill. It's sick. Nothing can stop it.

So you they did 800k on 36 kills he did 400k real damage and half was healed thru. And no one saw him as a threat to kill him.so your a bad player who just stood there hitting your target not doing a damn thing just wasting time till you got help killing your target. The other sent did 200k and 20 kills he could take down his targets.

you sir are a noob.:D the enemys had 4 healers. if they heal each other, you have no chance killing a target on your own. and for the record, you get a kill for 10dmg you do on a target.

Actually it's watchman spec, so he's hopping from target to target and getting his dot's up. You can really maximize your damage this way.

the watchmen dots stack. you dont jump around dotting many targets. you only attack 1 target.

Precisely. This is why I think a lot of Sents look down on the Combat spec. Because of burst damage and the small windows of high output dmg, it is wiser imho to stick on your target on Combat and run through the burst rotation you have up.

wrong again. the burst of watchmen is equal to the burst of combat. if you hit the merciless slash at the same time your 3 stacked overload saber hits, your target gets ~6000 dmg in 1 global cooldown. Combat hits the bladerush max for 2,5k and a bladestorm for 4k which leads to 6500dmg in 2 global cooldowns.

Edited by Maffsor

Actually it's watchman spec, so he's hopping from target to target and getting his dot's up. You can really maximize your damage this way. Kinda like in Dirty fighting or the other class shared trees... I can go dot everything, I don't make a damn bit of difference. But hey, my dps was crazy. I agree that the poster should have stayed on targets, int, cc'd, tried to single people out. But with the DOT builds, sometimes you just go lowest to highest cuz you can do more dps. Regardless, it's an impressive damage total and really hard to freaking do. My best friend plays a sent.. his hands had to of hurt after that dps output LOL

I play watchman and I don't delibertly "hop around" putting dots on people to get damage up, that's just stupid, who would play like that? I focus down my targets and move on to the next.

Hopping around, spreading your dots? What? That's about the stupidest thing I've ever heard. What's the cooldown on our dots? What's the duration on our dots? Are you really still going to claim Watchmen hop around spreading their dots?

Boy, the forums really show why people have such a messed up view of class balance when people spout nonsense like this like it's fact. :p

As far as Combat burst goes, do people not understand the synergy between armor penetration, Blade Rush, reduced cost Slash, and a 1 s GCD (with a highly likely Blade Storm crit to follow)?

Edited by revial

Hopping around, spreading your dots? What? That's about the stupidest thing I've ever heard. What's the cooldown on our dots? What's the duration on our dots? Are you really still going to claim Watchmen hop around spreading their dots?

Boy, the forums really show why people have such a messed up view of class balance when people spout nonsense like this like it's fact. :p

People must think watchman spec is like playing an Affliction Warlock or something. :D

My bad to create all the qq with the hop around comment. Dude i dont play a sent lol. From watching my friend play, force jump (hop, eat me qq), dot stack, burst, kill, next target. At some point throw a everquest bard buff down lol, of aoe heal. Edited by Nixmega

Incorrect.

Overload Saber does the same damage on one or 3 different targets, and its duration is not long enough to beat the cooldown. In many instances, it is far better to make sure all stacks are on the same target, because it refreshes on each stack, and Zen's six crits are better used on a 3-stack than on three 1-stacks.

Cauterize can sometimes be applied to 2 targets, but because of GCD and the internal cooldown of Burning Focus, never more. Additionally, because of the Overload Saber mechanics I mentioned earlier, it is best to stay on a single target.

Absolutely meaningless. Look at the amount of healing that was done by the enemy team. The 3 actual healers put up over 1,000,000 healing. Even the non-healers actually put up healing numbers in the 10's of thousands. There's also 2 Tanks on his team that did close to or WAY over 100,000 protection and the healing numbers on the sentinels team are also very similar to the imperial team. Basically, tons of healing was done and very little dying was done on either side. This match was probably a huge fight on the middle objective that started at the beginning of the game and went on for the entire fight. He was probably doing the smart thing and trying to beat on the incredibly squishy healers while his team mates were trying to fight other healers and no one really got together to focus down individual healers and move on. So he put up huge numbers by laying down all of his most ridiculously high hits on healers who were probably being healed by other healers and self healed. So they would get hit for a huge amount of damage and then instantly heal it. A LOT of the big damage war zones look like this. It's nothing special and means absolutely nothing in terms of overall game balance.

The opponents had enough healers and there was a constant fight in the middle or soemthing and that Sentinel never died. His gear was higher than his opponents and if you fight through a whoel game you will rack up alot of damage.

I dont get this thread. Some ramdon guy found a screenshoot from a sentinel and posted here saying the sentinel "buffs" were justified while:

1)Watchman(The spec almost ALL sentinels use) is getting nerfed.

2)Combat/Focus are getting buffed.

I dont get it. At first i trought the OP was not a "sarcastic" ***** and linked a screenshoot from a Combat/Focus sentinel, so I double checked.

Nope, still Watchman, alright!

buff or no buff, this is why I stick to being a Guardian DPS, lol. It's got great burst and I got more than enough moves to interupt and keep the fight in my favour. Lol. I say have it. We're all Jedi here, let's just all agree to get along and kick some ***

LOL That was hilarious

Edited by Derian

I usually see really good Combat spec Sents have more solo kills because of this than other classes. Whereas a good Watchman is almost a support class hoping from mob to mob to lay down dots. They get massive dmg scores this way and as long as they stay alive they get a kill because they did dmg to the dead opponent.

Even after the update I still think Watchman will hold the high dmg and most kills award, but Combat spec will even pick up more solo kills and increase dmg a good bit.

BOTH have their purpose in the fight, and god help the other team if you find a team of a Combat and Watchman spec working together with the Watchman bouncing to the mob first to land dots and the Combat coming behind them to finish them off with burst while the Watchman moves on to the next target that the Combat will soon follow to after he finishes the kill. It's sick. Nothing can stop it.

Wow, you sure you're a Sentinel?

I dont get this thread. Some ramdon guy found a screenshoot from a sentinel and posted here saying the sentinel "buffs" were justified while:

1)Watchman(The spec almost ALL sentinels use) is getting nerfed.

2)Combat/Focus are getting buffed.

I dont get it. At first i trought the OP was not a "sarcastic" ***** and linked a screenshoot from a Combat/Focus sentinel, so I double checked.

Nope, still Watchman, alright!

you say watchman is getting nerfed ?

Changes Watchmen:

Focused Pursuit has been replaced by Focused Leap, which increases the Focus generated by Force Leap.

Force Fade no longer grants damage reduction while Force Camouflage is active. It now increases the duration of Force Camouflage by 1 second per point and increases the movement speed bonus of Force Camouflage by 10% per point.

Inflammation now applies a 50% movement speed reduction (up from 30%).

Valor is now located in Tier 1 of the skill tree.

valor goes in t1, no need to skill quick recovery. thats means we get 2 free skillpoints, i will use it in defensive roll. (even more survivability) cauterize now slows 50% instead of 30%, there is no running away...

Generel Changes: Kick no focus, Awe no focus

Its no Dmg Buff for Watchmen, but the patch will make us stronger and we are now totally op.

Btw. Sentinel Equip Screenshot: 40% Champion, 40% Battlemaster, 20% Rakata

you say watchman is getting nerfed ?

Changes Watchmen:

Focused Pursuit has been replaced by Focused Leap, which increases the Focus generated by Force Leap.

Force Fade no longer grants damage reduction while Force Camouflage is active. It now increases the duration of Force Camouflage by 1 second per point and increases the movement speed bonus of Force Camouflage by 10% per point.

Inflammation now applies a 50% movement speed reduction (up from 30%).

Valor is now located in Tier 1 of the skill tree.

valor goes in t1, no need to skill quick recovery. thats means we get 2 free skillpoints, i will use it in defensive roll. (even more survivability) cauterize now slows 50% instead of 30%, there is no running away...

Generel Changes: Kick no focus, Awe no focus

Its no Dmg Buff for Watchmen, but the patch will make us stronger and we are now totally op.

Btw. Sentinel Equip Screenshot: 40% Champion, 40% Battlemaster, 20% Rakata

All the screen shot reflects is two bad teams incapable of neutralizing healers, and one Sentinel with a good damage rotation. Skill is still in question because he may have contributed to failure of neutralizing healers.

The counter to a class that deals DOT Damage, ist to prevent the dots from being applied/killing them. THat's the weakness of DOTs, they have to be applied, fully, and they don't maximize their damage unless the target lives to suffer through it. When that weakness is nullified either through inept play, or too many healers, than shockingly, it powers over everything else.

Also in the news, Tracer Missle deals a lot of damage if you don't interrupt it. So does Force Lightning.

That damage doesn't belong to the Sentinel alone. It belongs to his healers as well.

When the other team heals through absolutely everything you do and can't kill you, you do sick damage.

I've had a couple of games close to that with my Pyrotech. 3-4 healers doing a total of 1-2 million healing, but not being able to take me down. Looks cool on the scoreboard. But I'd rather do 300k damage and burst people down and help my team win.

All the screen shot reflects is two bad teams incapable of neutralizing healers, and one Sentinel with a good damage rotation. Skill is still in question because he may have contributed to failure of neutralizing healers.

The counter to a class that deals DOT Damage, ist to prevent the dots from being applied/killing them. THat's the weakness of DOTs, they have to be applied, fully, and they don't maximize their damage unless the target lives to suffer through it. When that weakness is nullified either through inept play, or too many healers, than shockingly, it powers over everything else.

Also in the news, Tracer Missle deals a lot of damage if you don't interrupt it. So does Force Lightning.

That damage doesn't belong to the Sentinel alone. It belongs to his healers as well.

the dot dmg of a watchmen sentinel is maybe 30% of the total dmg dealt.... the rest is merciless slash, leap, slash, zealous strike. if you keep the cd low of merciless, the dot dmg is maybe 20%. everybody says:" watchmen--->dot spec" because you use 2 dots ?

yeah tracer missle does alot of dmg, but did you ever tried killing a mercenary without interrupting ? it works... sents deal way to much dmg, its getting boring ;(

the dot dmg of a watchmen sentinel is maybe 30% of the total dmg dealt.... the rest is merciless slash, leap, slash, zealous strike. if you keep the cd low of merciless, the dot dmg is maybe 20%. everybody says:" watchmen--->dot spec" because you use 2 dots ?

yeah tracer missle does alot of dmg, but did you ever tried killing a mercenary without interrupting ? it works... sents deal way to much dmg, its getting boring ;(

And the focus building, and the healing off crits. It's called a DOT spec because half the skills in the tree benefit from a DOT. Either way it's just semantics, and my point still stands.

Uninterrupted TM spam is the hardest hitting thing in the game, period, the only reason he wouldn't finish you is due to resources and the Sentinel using more than one ability. I'm not complaining about it. You are right, Watchman Sentinels definitely do way too much damage when neither team has the aptitude to switch tactics to disrupt healing. However, as a spec that deals a massive amount of DOT, moreso than any other AC/Spec of course over time, it will do more damage. Survivability=damage to a watchman. Also, targets that don't die take all the damage. They don't die and waste a stack or two.

Since EQ, the strength of the DOT is damage potential. The weakness is that it needs to finish the time part for that potential, and it needs to be applied again. Another weakness is that a lot of that damage is wasted if the target dies. All of these are nullified in a situation where healing is running rampant. Watchman deals the most DOT damage of any other class.

While I agree, the damage potential of a Sentinel is extremely high (when the player is competent, no heals required, just competent on their own) the results of your SS are answered by simple MMO mechanics. Sentinels need to stay alive to deal damage, to use DOTs and keep Juyo stacks. Targets, also, have to stay alive to receive that damage. What's more telling is the player only had 30something kills. It's such a mindblowingly obvious massive failure of healer control.