The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

advanced prototype questions for pvp

Innera

ok been looking at new specs to to play maybe an alternative to pyro in pvp. is ap garbage for pvp or am not going for the right stats, wrong rotation or what i dont know

i currently have 8 pieces of battle master gear

682 expertise

93.45% acc

22.3% crit

76.36% surge

i dont do **** at all in pvp it feels like, unlike pyro where i wreck peoples day.

ok been looking at new specs to to play maybe an alternative to pyro in pvp. is ap garbage for pvp or am not going for the right stats, wrong rotation or what i dont know

i currently have 8 pieces of battle master gear

682 expertise

93.45% acc

22.3% crit

76.36% surge

i dont do **** at all in pvp it feels like, unlike pyro where i wreck peoples day.

It isn't a case of "feels like". Full AP builds just currently under perform Pyro builds. Nothing you are doing wrong, it's just a half assed talent tree right now.

Edited by exphryl

bleh well good to hear its not me time to go respec again lol

would like to see some buff for that spec cuz it looks like it can be fun but right now i guess it is a garbage tree and needs some help

mybe some day bw will help it out instead of nerfing us and buffing classes that dont need buffs

bleh well good to hear its not me time to go respec again lol

would like to see some buff for that spec cuz it looks like it can be fun but right now i guess it is a garbage tree and needs some help

mybe some day bw will help it out instead of nerfing us and buffing classes that dont need buffs

Oh for sure. As Anti-Full AP Build Argumentative as I am, I actually like the playstyle a lot. In PvE it's perfectly adequate, but since I PvP all but 3 hours a week of game time it doesn't really benefit me. :(

AP in the current game is underwhelming. Its the girl next door you get along with and you grow up with and has all the same tastes as you, and you'd probably be a pretty good couple, but she'd have to lose 20 or 30 pounds for you to actually want to date her.

Right now AP is all romance and no action, it doesn't invite you in after the date, it kisses you goodnight and hopes you call next friday, but next friday, you'll call pyro- because the hot redhead puts out.

AP gives you free rails, maneuverability, makes heat disappear, and has an arguably attractive hot sister at the top of the tree in the form of immolate, but over all, it isn't giving you everything you need. You aren't popping rails constantly like prototype particle accelerator does. You aren't snaring at all (which is what's getting fixed in 1.2) and nothing is getting any situational bonus damage- you can't have 30 yard rails. You have to get into melee to apply your dot to light your railshot, which, while generally not a problem as powertech performs fine in melee, can be limiting.

added to the fact that most of the benefit of AP is low tree. HO, heat sinks, grapple cooldown, RB, its all low tree. Your mid tree consists of making RB less mediocre (Hopefully improved by 1.2 adding procs to the dot ticks) and the high tree is a bunch of heat mitigators- that you don't really need, because you're venting 8 every 6.

The shining star of the high tree is the 20% damage reduction that you get for being spam-CCed, but you have to wonder, before 1.2, is all the garbage in mid tree worth that? Right now it isn't. The fact of the matter is, you could be setting people on fire and popping free 4k rails instead.

Hopefully, 1.2 will get chubby Advanced Proto Brunette to lay off the ice cream and hit the gym, then maybe she'll be able to compete with the girl you really want to get with, scorching hot redhead pyrotech.

AP will be a much better date in 1.2, but right now, don't bother calling her. She just doesn't put out.

Edited by Doozzer

AP in the current game is underwhelming. Its the girl next door you get along with and you grow up with and has all the same tastes as you, and you'd probably be a pretty good couple, but she'd have to lose 20 or 30 pounds for you to actually want to date her.

Right now AP is all romance and no action, it doesn't invite you in after the date, it kisses you goodnight and hopes you call next friday, but next friday, you'll call pyro- because the hot redhead puts out.

AP gives you free rails, maneuverability, makes heat disappear, and has an arguably attractive hot sister at the top of the tree in the form of immolate, but over all, it isn't giving you everything you need. You aren't popping rails constantly like prototype particle accelerator does. You aren't snaring at all (which is what's getting fixed in 1.2) and nothing is getting any situational bonus damage- you can't have 30 yard rails. You have to get into melee to apply your dot to light your railshot, which, while generally not a problem as powertech performs fine in melee, can be limiting.

added to the fact that most of the benefit of AP is low tree. HO, heat sinks, grapple cooldown, RB, its all low tree. Your mid tree consists of making RB less mediocre (Hopefully improved by 1.2 adding procs to the dot ticks) and the high tree is a bunch of heat mitigators- that you don't really need, because you're venting 8 every 6.

The shining star of the high tree is the 20% damage reduction that you get for being spam-CCed, but you have to wonder, before 1.2, is all the garbage in mid tree worth that? Right now it isn't. The fact of the matter is, you could be setting people on fire and popping free 4k rails instead.

Hopefully, 1.2 will get chubby Advanced Proto Brunette to lay off the ice cream and hit the gym, then maybe she'll be able to compete with the girl you really want to get with, scorching hot redhead pyrotech.

AP will be a much better date in 1.2, but right now, don't bother calling her. She just doesn't put out.

Your imagery is very well thought out. Beautiful. Now excuse me, my redhead is on the other line and she's aching.

Edited by Agooz

I kinda like the extra pounds....but the redhead was irresistable so I married her. I am also finding myself playing Pyro even though Proto is so much mre fun to me.