how much affection (possible spoilers)

fishlivers

so im wondering, how much affection do i need for romance? cause i like Quinn BUT he cant dps for **** and my apprentice can dps vary well, so i wanna know do i have to use Quinn who's gets his butt handed to him when fighting a monster the same level as him, his affection is getting close to 1000 and im pretty sure thats just to dang low, or should i just use my apprentice cause i dont die was much using her. so i was just wondering, or is there another male companion i will get thats like ten times better then Quinn, so ya if you guys could just give me some in put that would be great!

1st quinn is an healer, not a DPS. So him getting is *** handled to him is your failure, especially if you play a jug.

You are supposed to be the one taking the hits while he heals.

If you watch him fight someone while not doing ****, obviously he gets owned.

Otherwise he is very good at keeping YOU alive under fire.

especially if you play a jug.

so is it still my fault when i have quinn healing me,and hes pumping out his heals.but im still getting my *** handed to me

i mean for the most part.i can just steamroll quests but theres some quests ive did that were labeled solo.that i seem to have a rough time with

Edited by CrunkShizzle

Vette and Jaesa are dps.

Quinn is heals.

Pierce and Broon are tanks.

Know the roles of your pets, and use them for what they are designed for. Of course Jaesa does more damage than Quinn, it is all she does. And the first rule everyone on the forum usually mentions, is keep your pets' gear updated, and you should be fine. Especially if you are play a tank, you should have no problem. On both my PT and my Mara I have rolled with dps since the low 30's, and only break out the healer for soloing a heroic2, or a champ.

1st quinn is an healer, not a DPS. So him getting is *** handled to him is your failure, especially if you play a jug.

You are supposed to be the one taking the hits while he heals.

If you watch him fight someone while not doing ****, obviously he gets owned.

Otherwise he is very good at keeping YOU alive under fire.

im not just watching fight its when im taking down a higher level elite, and i know that one just standard mob went to him when i starting attacking the elite and about a minute latter i see the word come up saying Quinns dead and i go %@%^$ Quinn cant you at least kill on mob!

so is it still my fault when i have quinn healing me,and hes pumping out his heals.but im still getting my *** handed to me

i mean for the most part.i can just steamroll quests but theres some quests ive did that were labeled solo.that i seem to have a rough time with

It is since he can keep my mara alive vs a champ, so a tanking jug, you bet its your failure, sorry if my word sound harsh.

Time your defensive CD well, and obviously both his and your gear up to date, with decent quality.

im not just watching fight its when im taking down a higher level elite, and i know that one just standard mob went to him when i starting attacking the elite and about a minute latter i see the word come up saying Quinns dead and i go %@%^$ Quinn cant you at least kill on mob!

If you leave a mob on him, he will split his heals between you two. Not something you wish.

No matter it if you are a marauder or a jug on the tank spec, you'll have to make sure you get everyone on you, and kill the standard mob before attacking strong/elites.

Less pressure on his healing, and on your "tanking" ( " " if you are DPS Specced)

Basically, immortal jug is your regular healer/tank combo, marauder will burn down thing faster than they burn him down with Quinn healing.

But make no mistake, no matter your AC and spec, Quinn gives you the best survivability of your companion. Only complain you might have is a regular fight where heals are not necessary will take longer with him.

so im wondering, how much affection do i need for romance? cause i like Quinn BUT he cant dps for **** and my apprentice can dps vary well, so i wanna know do i have to use Quinn who's gets his butt handed to him when fighting a monster the same level as him, his affection is getting close to 1000 and im pretty sure thats just to dang low, or should i just use my apprentice cause i dont die was much using her. so i was just wondering, or is there another male companion i will get thats like ten times better then Quinn, so ya if you guys could just give me some in put that would be great!

Another trick you can do is summon Quinn for all your dialog convos, but for combat summon a different companion.

A couple of things with Quinn.

1. He has LOS and range issues. If you jump too far, he'll switch to DPS mode and pull aggro. If there is something between you and he, even if it's not a LOS for you, it could be for him.

2. If you jump, hit enrage (if you have it) and toss out smash, its going to aggro 99% of the mobs around you. If there's one way out of range, target it and toss out your single target taunt. That should buy you about 30 seconds during which you can retarget the main mob and click the attack button for Quinn to refocus him on *your* target.

With any main companion, you need to keep their gear up as much as your own. Think of them as your primary weapon. You wouldn't play with a level 1 weapon at level 20.

As others have mentioned, Quinn's primary spec is healer but he can be put in Officer mode which is DPS spec. He's never going to have as much DPS as Vette or Jaesa

who's primary spec's are DPS but it is still helpful if you are playing a Juggernaut.

I use Pierce (who's primary spec is tank in his sniper DPS mode) for my DPS companion due to his wearing heavy armor which allows him to live even if he pulls a mob off me. But, again, I use the companion's panel to tell him to attack the mob I'm on.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.