SWTOR Vs WoW: Blizzard gets it

indelible

Perhaps more tellingly Blizzard is not following SWTOR's lead and making their talent trees bigger, getting rid of LFD/LFR, removing addons/macros or adding restrictions to transmogrification. With these Blizzard is happy with the direction they've chosen, and that should give SWTOR devs pause.

Small talent trees, 31 point or pick a point every 15 levels are for dumb people, and it makes dumb boring games. That is not the way to go. We play and mmoRPG no 2 character should be alike. Over the course of the next few year we will see things move in the direction of TSW and GW2.

Edited by BCBull

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Small talent trees, 31 point or pick a point every 15 levels are for dumb people, and it makes dumb boring games. That is not the way to go. We play and mmoRPG no 2 character should be alike. Over the course of the next few year we will see things move in the direction of TSW and GW2.

Where is GW2 hiding the "no 2 characters alike skills"? As I understand skills are set by your weapon so two warriors both using a longbow - have the same skills.

Am I missing something?

Where is GW2 hiding the "no 2 characters alike skills"? As I understand skills are set by your weapon so two warriors both using a longbow - have the same skills.

Am I missing something?

Maybe I am, but from what I have seen of talent progression it look deeper that the swtor/wow models.

Edited by BCBull

Maybe I am, but from what I have seen of talent progression it look deeper that the swtor/wow models.

I found this:

10 slots

5 set by weapon so all warriors using a mace/shield will have the same 5

Second 5 set by profession and race so that will provide some variety until the "best" cookie builds are figured out.

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/combat/part-one/

take a breath, i know you love to argue the point. to be an option it would have to be available in the core game if add ons were not available. now take another breath as i am not disputing what has been put into wow at any stage.

You know like it is an option within 1.2 todo certain things without the need for add ons and how it is optional now for specific things without the use of an api nor addons right now.

You do know what the meaning of 'option' is right? I shall retrieve a definition for you.

Definition 3a of the OED defines "option" as:

"3.

a. Power or liberty of choosing: opportunity or freedom of choice."

Therefore, WoW is giving players the "freedom of choice" as to whether they want these 3rd party addons or not; if players decide not to pick up these 3rd party addons then they stick with the default package. Simple.