Force kick, opportune strike

digidevil

Almost at lvl 40 now on my Jedi knight and I noticed something strange.

You Interrupt (Force Kick) has an awesomely overdone animation, it belongs on a more powerful skill.

Your PVE skill Opportune Strike animation is much more suited for an interrupt.

Any thoughts? Look at other classes (BH and trooper have a pistol whip, agent throws a small smoke grenade)

With 1.2 Merc's are getting 2 animations switched so this isnt out of the question.

Edited by digidevil

Not strictly saying Force kick belongs on opportune strike skill.

Although Opportune strike animation belongs on interrupt.

Better suited replacing a skill that does high damage.

Other interrupts dont match the energy of Force kick, seems weird.

I actually agree, I <3 the Force Kick animation above any other (except Rocket Punch on a BH, but that's neither here nor there) and I'd love for it to be a damaging ability. Mid range damage and a 1 second knockdown or something. Something so awesome, relegated to an interrupt that does NO damage...just seems odd that a kick to the face doesn't hurt.

I actually agree, I <3 the Force Kick animation above any other (except Rocket Punch on a BH, but that's neither here nor there) and I'd love for it to be a damaging ability. Mid range damage and a 1 second knockdown or something. Something so awesome, relegated to an interrupt that does NO damage...just seems odd that a kick to the face doesn't hurt.

I use force kick ALL the time in pvp, and quite a bit in pve. It interrupts. It doesn't need to stun for 1 second. That would be horrible.

I still think people are missing the point of my post.

Interrupts:

BH - Pistol whip

Trooper - Hilt strike

IA - Smoke grenade

Smuggler - Ball kick

Inquisitor - Small shock

Jedi knights interrupt doesn't fit it. Opportune strike is a backhand strike, perfect for an interrupt. Both the sounds and look for Force kick suggest heavy damage.

Imagine BH rocket punch was their interrupt and quell was the damaging ability.

Edited by digidevil

Interrupts:

BH - Pistol whip

Trooper - Hilt strike

IA - Smoke grenade

Smuggler - Ball kick

Inquisitor - Small shock

Jedi knights interrupt doesn't fit it. Opportune strike is a backhand strike, perfect for an interrupt. Both the sounds and look for Force kick suggest heavy damage.

The above posters understand fine. They are just saying because they use interrupt so much (as you should be using every time it's up and there is cast going) they want it to keep the animation as is so they can see it often, even if it doesn't fit.

Attaching it to a more powerful move would lower the amount you get to see the animation, therefore they are against it.

Fitting in be damned.

Edited by AngelousWang

Interrupts:

BH - Pistol whip

Trooper - Hilt strike

IA - Smoke grenade

Smuggler - Ball kick

Inquisitor - Small shock

People aren't missing the point. They simply disagree that it is a problem or something that they want changed. We like the animation exactly the way it is.

I know you think your point is clever and astute and if people disagree they must just not get what you are saying, but that is not what is happening. We get what you are saying, but we just disagree.

@RDeanOU

Honestly Im not trying to be a smart or offensive.

2 people talking about switching skill animations - fact: Wasn't my point.

Someone mentions giving Force kick a stun - fact: Also not my point.

@AngelousWang

tbh opportune strike backhand is pretty awesome though.

Its really to bad Pummel and Opportune strikes are limited to PVE, they are both awesome anims which would fit knight class very well in PVP.

Edited by digidevil

Actually it WAS your point.

You Interrupt (Force Kick) has an awesomely overdone animation, it belongs on a more powerful skill.

Your PVE skill Opportune Strike animation is much more suited for an interrupt.

Any thoughts? Look at other classes (BH and trooper have a pistol whip, agent throws a small smoke grenade)

With 1.2 Merc's are getting 2 animations switched so this isnt out of the question.

@RDeanOU

Honestly Im not trying to be a smart or offensive.

2 people talking about switching skill animations - fact: Wasn't my point.

Someone mentions giving Force kick a stun - fact: Also not my point.

@AngelousWang

tbh opportune strike backhand is pretty awesome though.

Its really to bad Pummel and Opportune strikes are limited to PVE, they are both awesome anims which would fit knight class very well in PVP.

Ironically, the Sith Warrior version of Opportune Strike is actually our Force Kick animation, and they can't use it in pvp at all.

I never really considered the pimphand smash fitting for a Jedi Knight, but it's fun to see whenever I can use it.

I can answer this!

That powerful animation that you see for your interrupt is actually one of the extremely damaging PvE only attacks for the Marauder class.

Us Jedi and them Sith have all the same animations, but they are just rejumbled around.