Strange "Hello/Hi My Friend" In game-mail messages

SarlaccCthulhu

Hi everyone.

Today I logged in and found 4 messages titled "Hi My Friend" or "Hello My Friend" in my mailbox, each by a person I don't know, and with one credit enclosed per message.

I have seen them in the past, and have labeled them as spam every time, but they seem to be getting more and more numerous as time goes by. I was wondering if anyone else is seeing them as well and does anyone know what they are? I suspect some kind of scam, but can't prove it.

Hi everyone.

Today I logged in and found 4 messages titled "Hi My Friend" or "Hello My Friend" in my mailbox, each by a person I don't know, and with one credit enclosed per message.

I have seen them in the past, and have labeled them as spam every time, but they seem to be getting more and more numerous as time goes by. I was wondering if anyone else is seeing them as well and does anyone know what they are? I suspect some kind of scam, but can't prove it.

It's a powerlevelling and goldfarming ad. If you see any more, hit the Report Harrassment button instead of the Spam button. As far as I know, they are in direct violation of the EULA.

OP isn't the only one. Much worse lately for me as well in regards to this issue. It's like they just suddenly emerged from the woodwork en masse, a few of them with the "Hi" subject line but the majority claiming "My character has been deleted" or some such nonsense.

They used to trickle in but this past week has seen a deluge. Do goldfarmers hibernate? It is springtime...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.