The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

I have a guildie who is claiming to have pixelated UI

TheBBP

I have never seen this before and he says it is only the UI elements that are affected. Does anyone know of a fix for this or what may be causing the problem?

Bad GPU?

You're not giving any details other than what is happening. There could be a swath of reasons.

Edited by monkgryphon

Bad GPU?

You're not giving any details other than what is happening. There could be a swath of reasons.

I am guessing it is a hardware thing but I am not skilled enough to make that call. He has been fine up until a couple hours ago.

Edited by TheBBP

I have never seen this before and he says it is only the UI elements that are affected. Does anyone know of a fix for this or what may be causing the problem?

Sounds like the graphics card is about to give up the ghost. Too many people will not dust out thier machines after a few months of playing..have pets in the house..smoke, overclock the system without proper cooling and stick the machine in a place where it cannot get good air flow around it and then expect it to keep trucking along for years without any issues. Not saying any of those are his fault, or apply even....just saying it is a common problem.

Its not hardware, its the client. I RMA'd my cards cause I thought it was my hardware, and its still there.. always happens on player portraits in the warzone queue window for me. Just like my companion portrait goint black

Its not hardware, its the client. I RMA'd my cards cause I thought it was my hardware, and its still there.. always happens on player portraits in the warzone queue window for me. Just like my companion portrait goint black

How do you know it's just the portraits that are being affected? Like I wrote before, he didn't give us much in details. If it was just the portraits, that is a bug that only gets fixed when you go near who is in your group.

Edited by monkgryphon

I like when people insist that everything wrong has to be the games fault.

Are you this guildie the OP talks about? If not then you can not have any real idea what is wrong. It is possible it is a hardware issue and it is also possible it is something else.

How do you know it's just the portraits that are being affected? Like I wrote before, he didn't give us much in details. If it was just the portraits, that is a bug that only gets fixed when you go near who is in your group.

I do apologize for the lack of details as I do understand that it does not help in terms of getting help.

Your UI is pixelated liike his is? The black portraits is a different issue.