Orange or Purple?

Rodstorm

Hey guys, just a quick question about gear in general, whats better quality to have as you hit 50 orange or purple?

Orange has 3 slots, most purple I've seen on the GTN has 2, am I better of with orange gear and putting purple mods in it or does the purple gear have better base stats and mods in general?

That leads me to my second question, is there a difference in mods from the dailies at 50 compared to the purple mods I see on the GTN?

Am I going to lose to much spec wise buying my purple mods over doing dailies, are the daily ones better?

Might sound simple but I'am stuck.

I would say Orange with purple mods is the best. Off the bat, the purple the built in stats, but I believe an orange item with all purple mods should be better. A purple is better than a orange with level 50 blue mods.

Hey guys, just a quick question about gear in general, whats better quality to have as you hit 50 orange or purple?

Orange has 3 slots, most purple I've seen on the GTN has 2, am I better of with orange gear and putting purple mods in it or does the purple gear have better base stats and mods in general?

That leads me to my second question, is there a difference in mods from the dailies at 50 compared to the purple mods I see on the GTN?

Am I going to lose to much spec wise buying my purple mods over doing dailies, are the daily ones better?

Might sound simple but I'am stuck.

An orange with its base mods is equivalent to a blue.

Purple is better than blue.

Since most base mods are one up to date mod and 1 or 2 lower tier mods, putting all purple mods on an orange is probably better. For instance, you get an orange item and the armor will be blue, but the mod and enhancement might be green mods.

Orange items exist to give you the ability to keep that item throughout your leveling experience. I still have the assault rifle I got on Ord Mantell.

Thanks guys, so orange gear with purple mods is the way to go.

So is a purple mod a purple mod?

Do I have to do the dailies on Belsavis and Ilum to get purple mods for free, minus the repair bills, or are the purple crafted mods just as good?

The crafted purple mods are mega expensive but dont require any time frame to get, is that the for and against for them?

Or do the daily ones have higher stats and are a better ilevel for want of a better term?

Thanks.

It won't matter when 1.2 will be implemented. Purples will get all the same mod slots as Orange gear.

It will matter because orange gear will be able to crit also for armor. This means orange gear will get augment slots, which as far as I know, purples will not have.

So in 1.2 you want the new orange gear with augment slots and stick the mods from the purple gear in there, as well as the set bonus and add an augment.

Currently purple gear is better than orange gear unless you are lucky enough to pick up rakata level mods. Then they are the same, but 1.2 will change that.

I mainly pve and will look at pvp for gear after 50 possibly with the Battlemaster set.

Armstech is pretty bad, I did it on one of my toons and maxed it out to 400 until I realised what a waste.

Asking ingame daily purple mods are better than crafted ones but I'am not sure if its a significant difference or only a minor one.

If its minor I'll buy them and save some time.

Strange how no one here knew that.