Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

When can we expect to see a nerf of the Hybrid Sin/Shadow?

AMKSED

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amsked

Ok for your character window but now I hope that you can post a screenshot with your damage in bg not 700 k but at least 500K damage.

I'll start taking screenshots of my warzones then. There's already tons of screenshots going around showing the damage potential of the build but I will do it just for you when I play later this evening.

Amsked

Ok for your character window but now I hope that you can post a screenshot with your damage in bg not 700 k but at least 500K damage.

Not everyone is that brilliant with the class, this is why we can never rely on WZ stats to call a nerf. Only a few are brilliant.

Way to look up a Biology term.

Well you wanted to use the "real" definition of the word instead of the one Bioware uses.

There was exactly the same discussion going on in WoW for ages. People said only classes that could tank-heal-dps were true hybrids. Other said classes that could tank-dps and classes that could heal-dps were also hybrids. The debate went on and on and on until official Bioware devs said "everyone that can do more than one thing is hybrid".

Bioware said everything that isn't using the 31 point talent of it's main tree is a hybrid, therefore this is the definition we should use.

Otherwise we have to use the dictionary definition which would be insane.

What are your thoughts on balance, I personally think defense is an issue there and the range of the abilities are lacking.

Both Infiltration / Balance need to be bumped up to medium armor status. And I personally think Balance needs to be able to use Project/Throw from 30m.

All specs can throw out decent numbers, but Infiltration and Balance get dropped by even the slightest bit of DPS.

Edited by AMKSED

Both Infiltration / Balance need to be bumped up to medium armor status. And I personally think Balance needs to be able to use Project/Throw from 30m.

All specs can throw out decent numbers, but Infiltration and Balance get dropped by even the slightest bit of DPS.

in beta the max range of the melee centric classes was 15m... was pretty nice.

Yea, Infil specced Shadows are extra squishy. They don't have a bubble to crutch their survivability, unlike sorc/sage, yet have an armor factor that is just as low. That's another reason the tank/hybrid tank specced shadow/assassin is so popular. Why would you play a spec that does decent damage and goes splat in .2 seconds over a spec that does decent damage and takes forever to kill?

Yeah, nothing major just a slight re balance.

Yea, Infil specced Shadows are extra squishy. They don't have a bubble to crutch their survivability, unlike sorc/sage, yet have an armor factor that is just as low. That's another reason the tank/hybrid tank specced shadow/assassin is so popular. Why would you play a spec that does decent damage and goes splat in .2 seconds over a spec that does decent damage and takes forever to kill?

Madness is pretty much on par with Darkness when it comes to damage potention, survivability and utility. Though I give you that madness is harder to play and master.

Madness is pretty much on par with Darkness when it comes to damage potention, survivability and utility. Though I give you that madness is harder to play and master.

There is no way that madness is on par with darkness in survivability or utility lol

Yeah, nothing major just a slight re balance.

As mentioned before I think all Shadow/Assassin trees should have their own form of Harnessed Shadows.

Kinetic - Damage debuff to target attacked with Tele Throw : 5/10/15% /per stack. -20% Force/Melee Damage when in Combat Technique. Increase the heal in Combat Technique by 200 to help the actual tanks who were wanting to tank keep themselves up due to the loss of the heal from HS.

Infiltration - Increases Tele Throw damage by : 6/12/18% /per stack and reduced Force cost by 20/40/60%. +30% armor while in Shadow Technique. Switch the Kinetic Field (30% AoE Dmg Reducton) down to the tier 1 and replace Harnessed Shadows there for Infiltration. They no longer need the extra armor since Shadow technique automatically has the armor increase.

Balance - Heals target player by 3/6/9% max health /per stack. +20m range on Telekinetic Throw/Project while in Force Technique. Toss out Mind Ward and make that an innate ability for people in Force Technique and replace that tier with the Harnessed Shadows for Balance.

Edited by AMKSED

As mentioned before I think all Shadow/Assassin trees should have their own form of Harnessed Shadows.

Kinetic - Damage debuff to target attacked with Tele Throw : 5/10/15% /per stack. -20% Force/Melee Damage when in Combat Technique.

Infiltration - Increases Tele Throw damage by : 6/12/18% /per stack and reduced Force cost by 20/40/60%. +20% armor while in Shadow Technique.

Balance - Heals target player by 3/6/9% max health /per stack. +20m range on Telekinetic Throw/Project while in Force Technique.

so you want a revamp to harnessed darkness/shadows and it to be in like a tier 1 talent spot?

Kinetic - Damage debuff to target attacked with Tele Throw : 5/10/15% /per stack. -20% Force/Melee Damage when in Combat Technique.

Infiltration - Increases Tele Throw damage by : 6/12/18% /per stack and reduced Force cost by 20/40/60%. +20% armor while in Shadow Technique.

Balance - Heals target player by 3/6/9% max health /per stack. +20m range on Telekinetic Throw/Project while in Force Technique.

This would be interesting, would encourage to play more in specific trees rather than changing it up.

Balance - Heals target player by 3/6/9% max health /per stack. +20m range on Telekinetic Throw/Project while in Force Technique. And increase the amount of Force recharged from Sharpened by from 2 to 4.

Asssassins are already the squishiest tanks, they NEED the selfhealing.

That's why I'm going to suggest increasing the Combat Technique heal by about 200 to even out the loss of the heal from HS.

they will never take out the healing from harnessed shadows just cause you have some ****** ideas... can you please stop posting any more ideas,leave it to the professionals,ok? your ideas would completely ruin the class experience and what not...