Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

At first I felt a bit frustrated for not be able to play, but then I came across this (and it's previous) thread and I've now been sitting here and been reading all of ur flaming, trolling, arrow in the knee jokes and so on, just have to say thx for getting me in a good mood again!! :D

This thread and vampire weekend = instant good mode and lolz! ^^

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread will probably be closed by the time i type this. One thing to note it i the rate at the game was pre ordered. The bulk of the orders came in july so once we get past that it is reasonable to assume that things will pick up until we get to the late November/post stress test orders.

The fact that we're being given 2 extra days and that we're being constantly updated on the progress should be enough to keep people calm about this. I don't understand why people are raging. I'm absolutely giddy with excitement. The suspense is killing me! When am I going to be able to get in? I DON'T KNOW! But it's awfully electrifying knowing that it could be at any time tomorrow or the next day. (From the time I preordered, I seriously doubt that it will be today.)

07.24.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order

So, is there anyone out there who added thier code after that who has gotten in (not that lits likely, if there is, they will be in and playing! lol)

Any confirmation at all what the latest date invited so far is???

Really..?

Why are you doing this if we had a stress test before launch?

Wasn't the stress test a success after all?

Ummm relying on stress tests is absurd.

You don't allow everyone to instantly login, ever.

Something always gets missed it's inevitable.

They're doing the smart thing with waves.

Urm... Well my reciept says Pre-Ordered fee £4.17 +VAT thats was.... *PRE-OREDER FEE*

PRE-ORDER FEE

kk thanks, have a nice day now.

While you are right that is how it labelled if you also look at the full price of the the game which for was £59.99 I paid £54.99 for the game + £5 for the preorder.

It would be nice to get the date ranges for the waves. This would give us some reasonable estimation on when we will get in. Maybe they're trying to avoid complaining now, but wait till tomorrow when ppl still don't have any expectation on when they'll get in.

They really need to let us know what wave we are in.

The main concern... reserving character names.

The proper way to handle this would have been to allow pre-order customers to reserve names on the web without staggering game server entry.

Honestly? that is the main concern? Has this ever been done before? I think they had other things on their minds than ensure pre-order customers had even more perks, ya know like actually getting the game running, bugs taken care of, etc.

It would have been nice to have that added but hardly essential.