• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinegos

this isn't a troll, and isn't exactly qq although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that i've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other mmo games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, i just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

So, ea/bw - what exactly are you afraid of?

The only way this should have been done is to have given all pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. Ce customers get 7 days, se get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an mmo franchise.

At any rate, i love this game. I love bw. But i truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

I truly hope you improve, because this is a very very poor way to start out.

Okay... I've tried to be calm and rational regarding these successive waves of BS...

Allow me, if I may, to point out a few things:

1) This is EARLY GAME ACCESS, not launch.

2) The ORIGINAL early access was the 15th, not today, ergo, NONE of you should be complaining.

3) The releasing of the early access in waves in respect to when you redeemed you early access code is fair. This has nothing to do with "their money must be better than mine" horse hockey. If they pre-ordered on July 21st and you pre-ordered in October, they SHOULD get in before you since they pre-ordered and redeemed their code before you.

4) In consideration of point 3 above, I would remind you children that LIFE ISN'T FAIR! Deal with the harsh reality that life is often very UNfair. Don't think so? Ask the Zebra with the pair of Lionesses on its back if life is fair?

5) The self-entitled BS spewing forth from the fingertips of the denizens of this forum discussion is sickening. Honestly, how the hell do you live with yourselves? Do you actually LISTEN to the crap oozing from your pie-hole? Please try to remember that this is A GAME! It is NOT REAL! You are ************ about a game? At THIS time of year?

5a) Okay, if you are an Imperial or Sith character, go ahead and be a ************, cuz, after all, you really ARE ************s. You'd use a lightsaber to make your masterpiece sculpture, "Sith slaughtering 17 puppies" and then complain that the puppies bled on your new Sith robes. But, if you are a Jedi and you behave like this? As Yoda would say, "Quit being a whiny *****, you must."

Now, I am CERTAIN that I'll miss page 500 because of all this typing, but just in case, please, people, let's try to be civil...

Go call you parents, talk to your children, play with your nieces or nephews, visit a sick friend... Just go do ANYTHING productive and stop festering like an arse-boil.

But, um, Bioware? Yeah, that whole, 'no EU servers are up' thing? Poor form folks. Get on it. They paid just like we did on this side of the pond.

f people who preordered a few months back are not getting invites and people who ordered in December, like me, are getting invites, it's not fair.

“Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.” - Han Solo

I really hope this is not happening.. that people who ordered the games in decembers are getting invite way before people who had pre-ordered the game back in july and august. This create alot fo bad feeling is this is true for bioware

Well my husband is in and I am not - but he isn't levelling his main till I am. My own fault I am not in really as I lost the email with my pre-order code in it (deleted accidently I suspect) so my code was entered some time after his - almost a month.

Not worried though as I was also expecting to be a couple for days after him and we have plans for tomorrow evening anyway.

Stopping the invites is just bad on everyone.

You should have been better prepared for this, and kept them going 24/7, even if you spaced em out every 4 hours or so.

Now this would make sense if the game shut down every night, but MMO's are 24 hour a day games, just not logical to stop a pre-release early access at 3 in the afternoon eastern time/noon pacific on a weekday!

Wow, people sure are mad because they can't get into a game that is not released yet and they are not yet paying the monthly subscription for.

I am pissed that I considered buying a corvette and they won't let me drive it home before I sign the paperwork and agree to start making payments HOW DARE THEY!!

I think it's hilarious for some of you who preordered in like September, October, November and December to be complaining about not getting in on day one.

BTW..I preordered mine on 7/27....

my cousin is playing on my behalf I have to be at work for one more hour.

I'm choosing to believe, based on no evidence whatsoever, that Bioware will relent and add more waves if this thread reaches 1000 pages. At least obsessively checking this thread will give me something to do now that I'm not obsessively checking my email.

Or I could, you know, work, like I'm probably supposed to be doing right now.

I started that rumor back on page ... 5 minutes ago?

some of my guildies alredy got an invite but since there are no eu servers up yet they can play on some us servers vile they wait.

US Servers are superior anyways, they have a more stable economy at the moment. Not to mention they are faster and more efficient at tasks.

Seeing as they finished sending out 'waves' of invites for the day. I was thinking, I don't think it would be unfair to release some kind of report as far as how far into the pre-order dates they have gotten so far. Even if it isn't an exact date, per se, but even like, "We got to the end of July" or "Halfway through the first three days that pre-orders were available."

I just want to know where i stand in this very, very long line of stressful anticipation =p

I don't seem to understand if everybody who per-ordered had to pay an extra $5, why don't we are all get to play the game on the same day. I paid an extra $5 and I don't think that its reasonable that some people get a week while others get a day, and there is no grace period either, which means that I just wasted $5.

I don't care about your "server issues" and other crap thrown out there, I paid a lot of money for this game and I want to play without lag or anything else considering that my computer, internet access and everything else is far above the system requirements which were stated when I bough the game.