Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

Thank you for ordering from Origin Store on July 22, 2011. The following email is a summary of your order. Please use this as your proof of purchase. If you paid by credit card, please look for EA * Origin.com on your credit card billing statement.

YOUR ORDER AND BILLING INFORMATION

Order Number: 98*****400

Order Date: July 22, 2011

Why am i not in? My friends and I all bought at the same time.. and 1/2 of us are in and the other 1/2 are waiting. 6 people pre ordered.. and none of us can play because we can't play together... this makes no sense. If you ACTUALLY went in order...

Wow! how could anybody argue with that irrefutable proof?

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 12% of the pre-order got in today.

Base on what I see, the last batch of pre order that got in was in July 30, base on vgchats end of July there were just under 120k pre orders. So far there is about 1 million pre orders on vgcharts total, that means 120k out of 1 million is about 12% total of people that got in today.

In another words, if future wave's size going to be the same as today's size, it would take 8.3 days for everyone to get in the game. Unless Bioware SIGNIFICANTLY increase the wave size, things will not look good.

And yes I know vgchart is only about US retail box sale, but the ratio it represents vs the time and EGA is still the same. I guess Bioware has lost the data to the thanksgiving stress test.

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/40755/USA/

< Week Ending 30th Jul 2011 >

Star Wars: The Old Republic Total: 119,260

This is EA and Bioware here....they are not poor...why not continue waves atleast past 2 o'clock. Why aren't people gonna get let in throughout the night?? You guys have the staff to do it and keep up with the servers...and if you don't then heck, start hiring, cuz you are under some pretty wealthy brand names. Otherwise, good job on the game bioware, and i'm glad we get the early access.

Looks like time to cancel that preorder. At first they just mentioned early play for prerders not this staggered mess. I had hops of actually playing the game when it first came available, not when peiple had a day or more head start.

$165 to get shafted isn't my idea of how to start a new game, and yes 1 day nakes an insane difference at the start of a game.

Quoted for epic, hilarious QQ. :D

"Worst game launch in mmorpg history" = "I've never seen an mmorpg launch beforre DERP!"

For a lot of ppl an even field in a competetive mmo like swtor is extremly important. Unfair advantige and complete disregard for customer by not introducing servers at a crucial time for the game like that might become the worst game start in history of mmorpg.

Not becasue of crashes or quees, we all are used to this we done it 100x times in the past. I played mmo games for years, since meridian 59 and those things dont change, and after today i hope they never will.

A lot of ppl took days of and spent hours and at the loooks of things soon to be days waiting to get in to the game. IF they would launch the game normaly, yes there would be some quees at first but in about 2-3h they would stop as ppl would go sleep and they could easily log in during the night and play. I even took a mid day nap thinking that i could get in for the night but NO ! They decided to take it easy and dont care about their customer at all !

They rather take the easy way out and take their sweet time becaue OUR time dosent mater ! We can just waste out specialy booket time off from work JUST to pplay this GAME NOW !.

Am I mad now ? You bet im ! Im completly furious and i will make it my personal goal to spread the information about whats happening here elswhere.

I read the intorduction to the ame done by lead game designer and how much they care about us then why for the love of good are they torturing us by doing something like this?

Cant they understand that for hardcore mmo player that spends half his life playing mmo games this is the worst posible way of handling things ?

They should start reading what is happening on all the other mmorpg related forums, the comunity is absolutely furious as i never seen before about how they handled things.

I could even wait for my wave but the fact that they shut down things for a whole night is absolutely unacceptable ! If they want to do things this way they should be prepared to follow through with it. Any mmo player didn not even consider they would just say sorry guys we need our beuty sleep we cant leave some extra tech guys for the night to do special shift, so everyone can get at acceptable speed....

If things crated situations similar to that in other game launches, other developers did what they could to fix the situation, it didint mater if they had to sleep, they get extra help if it was neccesary.

This is not a single player or even online game where you can do a joke of a situation like that.... This will be remembered and have its consequences.

Smaller things destroyed guilds and communities than this.

1. Not being able to level with friends

2. PVP servers will have the griefers who got in early insta killing everyone 20 levels below them repeatedly for the first few weeks. (I believe this makes them feel superior)

3. Auction house will already be controlled by the early access guys.

Time to quite your job, move in with your parents, and spend every waking moment playing the game.

1. taken with the rest of your complaints, I'm betting you'll skip everything and be max level in 2 weeks anyways so big deal.

2. That kind of thing would happen regardless of when access started since people level at different rates. So, I take it, you're just angry that it's not you doing that so it's hard to feel bad for you.

3. Not that big an advantage. The skilled players will claim control eventually regardless of when they joined.

Final point: Not all servers are up yet, pick one of the new ones when you're in.