Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"The final wave of emails have been sent. We will be sending another wave tomorrow starting at 8am CST."

this goes against what they say here on the home page.

Invitation to Play the Game Early

Starting December 13, 2011, 7:00AM EST (Pacific: December 13th, 4:00AM PST; European: December 13th, 12:00PM GMT, 1:00PM CET), The Old Republic will begin emailing invitations to start your Early Game Access. Invitations will be sent throughout the Early Game Access period offering rolling access to the game in the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code, so be sure to check your email inbox!

note the throughout part.....LOL @ Bioware...fail...

What wave 6?

OP says 4 waves and that's it. Period. End of story. So are they just going to continually watch the servers to see if they can handle it and slowly trickle us in? You gotta let us all in eventually anyway *******es, and we will ALL be trying to play at the same time pretty much so if your servers can't handle that now they won't be able to handle it then...making this whole waves thing pointless and stupid torture for the rest of us. Sheer stupidity.

And make up your fricking mind on how many waves and when the final one is. You should keep going til the last nerd passes out at the keyboards up there at "lol we gave them false hope" mission control.

I hate it for anyone that actually took the day off or some such nonsense and then didn't get in. But mostly, I just hate it for me....that I got shafted by login errors on all beta and got shafted on this and my friends got all beta and are in right now leaving me in the digital dust and I will have no one to play with but pugs, which as anybody knows, is the worst thing ever.

dude if they aren't willing to make alts and level up with you some then they are ***** i know the bulk of my friends are only sprinting up levels to get our guild made on the rp-pvp server we are rolling on

This isn't a troll, and isn't exactly QQ although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that I've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other MMO games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, I just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big Thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

So, EA/BW - what exactly are you afraid of?

The ONLY way this should have been done is to have given ALL pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. CE customers get 7 days, SE get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an MMO franchise.

At any rate, I love this game. I love BW. But I truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

I truly hope you improve, because this is a very very poor way to start out.

Great post, I agree 100%.

What I am curious about is that the current time zone I am in is 12:14 pm pst and bioware is supposed to be in texas if I am not mistaken....so how is it that they are done with waves for the day when it should only be like 2:15 pm there time? I know since how I was a late preorder I won't be getting in for some time but why is it that they stopped waves? Is there something I am missing like maybe the servers are in a different part of the world?

If i dont get in tommorow from my pre-order code August 8th, 2011. BW will lose a customer

why would you cancel now? lol your only one customer you must understand how little difference this will make to BW. you waited since august and now rage so hard that you cant wait an extra day or two? makes a ton of sense...lol