Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

right, but read further he says they had a large ammount in one month so they may have to adjust that. sounds right tho.

To everyone jones'in for playtime. take a breath, turn around and look. thats your family behind you with that worried look on their faces. =P

Dude I seriously lol'd on that family bit. That was win .

Originally Posted by civanater

Bioware - you must not see any of these threads so i'm going to talk loud for you. Try to see this please! Your player base is upset at the action you're taking with the waves. This typically means to stop doing what you're doing and reflect.

You are currently biting the hand that is feeding you as the player base is the same people that will provide you with an income and from the forums that i'm reading (and you're apparently neglecting) you are not giving a good reason to pay.

I of course plan to pay regardless, i simply will not invest in any other games you release, and i will be sure to advise against purchases from your company as you are clearly too simple minded to simply read your own forums.

The waves are a bad idea - they are causing players to have extra time that others do not, splitting guilds up and are limiting the patience of your player base which has (again, according to your own forums) drastically begin to shatter. I can only imagine the chaos that will ensue when you stop sending waves today.

If you want to be the intelligent company that alot of people think you are - this last wave should very well include the remaining pre-orders.

BUMPED

I'm not entirely sure why people are crying about a first come first serve load test... Yet NOONE complains about the preferential selection of mostly "press" to play betas... Think of this, as a post-beta beta... You MIGHT get in, IF you are cool enough... If you haven't been selected yet for the early access wave, you aren't cool enough. Get used to this, it's probably something you'll have to get used to in life... In the mean-time, they COULD just open the game on the 20th, and have all the servers crash from having 9 billion people log on at the same time, and then have you babies crying about "this is bull, I paid for the game and the server is crashed, wah wah wah". Suck it up, everyone is excited, everyone who pre-ordered paid money, everyone who paid money will get to play. Whether or not you got an early invitation to the party, at least you were invited at all...

On a side note... I wonder how many of these cry babies were actually ALIVE when the REAL star wars came out... I know I wasn't and yet I'm STILL older than you. I hear world of warcraft's servers are up right now, to anyone... *hint hint*

holy shiz lol,

Imagine the crapstream that would hit the forums once they release an estimated EGA schedule..

... it would block out the sun.

That is so true. You can please the masses but you can't please the very loud dissenters. They will post until they get in the game, regardless of what BioWare tells them. Plus, they'd freak out even harder if what BioWare told them ended up to be untrue. I mean, they've already taken non specific information given out by BioWare and tried to spin it into 100% factual basis for all arguments against anything BioWare does. I feel like I'm watching Bill O'Reilly clips... :confused:

You know I have manage to pass the time waiting just reading this thread. The fits of laughter it has brought have made the time pass quickly. You people need to learn to chill, you'll get on that game when you get on and not before. Crying and Whining wont make your time go any faster.

I just had a funny thought, it would be kind of poetic if the developers were using these thread to target the people whining so they could more them to the back of the line. :D The would suck for a lot of people XD. Any way Be happy you'll more then likely get on before me since my Game stop failed to give me my code and i didn't get it from them until i went back a month later and demanded it.:mad:

I think the dev team is quite busy at the moment that to preoccupy themselves with reading this thread.

I didnt get my EA email, but Adam & Eve have some great gift ideas for the holiday season

THIS ^ made me LOL. Well done, well don indeed...

That being said, the sense of entitlement I am reading in so many of these postings is INSANE! True, the EU folks seemed to have been shafted, but how much you paid should matter? Really? You figured you'd get the collector's edition and that entitles you to more than someone who pre-ordered at the same time with the digital deluxe or standard?

I gotta say it, sounds like a helluvalotta SITH behavior hereabouts...

I have been reading the forums and people making posts to defend Bioware on this are totally wrong. This EGA policy is simply WRONG

Please Allow me to explain why:

1) Even if i had to pay 1$ for a service i am still a paying customer. It is not my fault you charge that much for a service... It is yours.

As long as i have paid for a service i expect to go in when you open doors. You either open doors for everyone or you don't open em at all. You had all the BETA stress tests to test your servers.

2) Why some people think that because they made a purchase earlier than me, have more rights than me? When they first announced preorder did they mention that they will apply this policy of "WAVES" for invites in the game? No. The fact that i have other obligations in RL and i cannot read this website every day make me less important than other people that spend they whole day refreshing a page?

3) This is an MMO game. We play MMOs to be able to play with friends. My friends are already in game. By the time i get in my friends will be level 20-30. Why you put me in the tough spot to ask em to wait for me? Why should i level up alone?

4) I have been playing MMOs for years and this is the first time i experience a wave invite.

In my humble opinion this is wrong.

Always with respect .... Thank you for reading.

This dude pre-ordered yesterday.

I posted the same thing earlier. I completely agree, the 'fairness' of who ordered first wins, that's really not fair at all, the only 'fair' way would be to do a lottery, I paid for the same preorder they did, and thus should have the same 'rights' to the game they do.

I have been reading the forums and people making posts to defend Bioware on this are totally wrong. This EGA policy is simply WRONG

Please Allow me to explain why:

1) Even if i had to pay 1$ for a service i am still a paying customer. It is not my fault you charge that much for a service... It is yours.

As long as i have paid for a service i expect to go in when you open doors. You either open doors for everyone or you don't open em at all. You had all the BETA stress tests to test your servers.

2) Why some people think that because they made a purchase earlier than me, have more rights than me? When they first announced preorder did they mention that they will apply this policy of "WAVES" for invites in the game? No. The fact that i have other obligations in RL and i cannot read this website every day make me less important than other people that spend they whole day refreshing a page?

3) This is an MMO game. We play MMOs to be able to play with friends. My friends are already in game. By the time i get in my friends will be level 20-30. Why you put me in the tough spot to ask em to wait for me? Why should i level up alone?

4) I have been playing MMOs for years and this is the first time i experience a wave invite.

In my humble opinion this is wrong.

Always with respect .... Thank you for reading.

What i want to know is how long are they going to have to roll people on server because the first 4 waves arent going away anytime soon. What i think is that they grossly underestimated there servers and right now they are rushing to buy many more servers to compensate,otherwise why not just open it up.People are not going to play just one day then say ok im good ill play on the 20th.Should have listened to me when i said double your servers after last beta .