Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

I am certainly not whining, but I agree with the reasonable criticism that's been posted thus far. I pre-ordered a few days ago, so much chances of getting in any time in the next 2 days are likely pretty slim, but I also agree that they knew the numbers that have ordered, they had 2 server load beta test weekends, and frankly, they should be prepared for this. This invite scenario is quite frustrating for those of us who plan on playing with friends and guildmates, but are sitting on the sidelines while some of them get on.

I can totally understand the invites rolling out all day today, but the indication that this could take any number of days frankly seems ridiculous.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep hearing a lot about people receiving invites that activated their codes post July...maybe they are all EA shareholders?

Get off the forums and buy EA stock, drive the price up so I can dump mine and invest more in a company that understands the value of managing expectations!

I'm kinda bummed that I haven't gotten the invite for today. I didn't pre-order on day one, pre-ordered on August 3rd, but I had figured that a measley two weeks wouldn't be that big of a deal and I'd get in right away. Guess they had a lot more pre-orders in the first few days than I would have imagined and it looks like they are taking things very slow. I guess I can understand that, they're erring on the side of caution and all that. So I'm disappointed I won't get to play yet, but only because I'm super-excited to play the game for real (after testing durig beta and loving it) Here's hoping I get in tommorow.

And for anyone raising a big ruckus because you didn't get it, your allowed to be disappointed but your not allowed to be angry because we were guaranteed UP TO 7 days (and it used to be 5), that means you won't necessarily get 7 or even 5 days of early access, but that if you get the full amount, it won't be more than 7 days (something people seem to be having a hard time understanding). So for those complaining, knock off the unwarranted sense of entitlement and the demands for early access or you'll cancel because "all of us deserve to get in!", I don't like being lumped in with you crazies. Be happy when you get in, but don't yell about it until you do. Pick up a book, dust off KotOR, watch some Netflix, there are plenty of things to do until you get in. And if your upset like a bunch of people seem to be bcause you took off work...you took off work on the chance you'd get to play a video game early. Really? I mean really?

bad start for star wars only 24 on my kin world seems pretty awfull invites surely could of invited a few more:(

I'm sure things will pick up. It's more then likely that not all of those invited were available to accept the invites. They'll send out more and more as they see their servers doing good. I don't know the size of the waves, but I do think they could be bigger from what I've been reading. I was apart of 3 betas, 2 of them stress tests. They could of started their waves with 25% of the population of the average server. That probably would of been a nice first testing wave to see if the servers will handle launch night the way they want.

Early Access is a lie, there is only community forums.

Through community forums, I gain occasional updates from Stephen Reid.

Through occasional updates from Stephen Reid, I gain nothing.

Through nothing, I have been sitting here.

MW3 shall free me.

:jawa_smile:

This is brilliant

Early Access is a lie, there is only community forums.

Through community forums, I gain occasional updates from Stephen Reid.

Through occasional updates from Stephen Reid, I gain nothing.

Through nothing, I have been sitting here.

MW3 shall free me.

:jawa_smile:

Dude, you just made this wait worth it.

I wonder which is more stressfull to the 'servers'? Everyone hammering the forums wanting to get in the game, or those few that are in the game.

I'm betting the difference is marginal.

Yeah I know they're different servers. Just pointing out that high traffic is high no matter how you slice it.

I have waited and waited for this mmo and waiting a little more is possible, but it still hurts inside, lol.

I understand what BioWare are trying to do and salute them for it. It is a very big undertaking for them and they are approaching it with care. Unfortunately, the only thing they didn't explain in time was the pre-release plan. The original information I received said, "Play 5 days ahead". Currently we are 7-days ahead. From thinking about it, BioWares plan was probably 2 days of phased 'waves'. This should 'hopefully' end in time to get 5 days play.

OK, I accept this. Only problem I have is the slight oversight of forgetting about the alpha/beta testers. Yes, we did get even earlier access of the game, but to be fair, we were testing, not playing. As there appears to be no reward for being a beta-tester, I would expect that we would have been in wave 1. It makes more sense anyway that players with experience of the game enter first. Any hiccups would be proactively identified.

To everyone still waiting to get in - It will certainly be worth the wait. I was very impressed by the game during testing. It certainly has that Star Wars feel and has enough content to get you by till the first expansion patch. I suggest that, if possible, you watch the Star Wars films from 1 to 6 while you wait.

You will get in, eventually.

"May the Schwartz be with you.

Ah man I redeemed August 19th, guess I'm looking at tomorrow at the earliest...

Personally, I have no problem with the Early Access. What I do have a problem with is the lack of individual communication of Bioware on this issue. Even a grace email stating "your expected Early Access entry date is ........." would be far better than the lack of any communication than what we've gotten. That way at least I can say "well, now I know I don't have to keep trying to log in all day Tuesday." Instead, here I sit checking my email every 5 minutes hoping for "THE WORD".