The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PreMade Warzones = Griefing.

Kainiil

it should all be under the same que...why make the ques so much longer and if people really want to take the time to setup a 8man crew so let them, they should be rewarded for playing as a group in a mmo...BW must remember they made a mmo not a singelplayer.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No my point was pretty clear they need to have premades fight other premades.

You do not want longer queue times.

In what I suggest we would both have longer queue times.

I am ok with longer queue times with matches starting with even numbers and premades vs premades and pugs vs pugs.

So again who is selfish....

No, solo queues wouldn't drop in queue times, while group queuing would basically go to a halt.

Let's say 100 people are queuing up. Out of that 100, let's just say 20 people are queuing in groups. (Level 50, both factions)

80 / 16 = 5

What this means is, there will be at least 5 games playing.

20 / 16 = 1.25

What this means is there will be a game playing, but an entire group of people will have to wait at least 15 minutes before being invited into the next available game, and this cycle will continue, and may cause people to log off, level alts, etc.

I just picked a random number. Of course this proves nothing but let's face it: more people solo queue than group queue, but I suppose that depends on your server. Next Huttball -- if you play that a lot -- check to see just how many people are in the games, and if they are in the same guild. Sorry, but premades really aren't the problem. They don't cause the system to have warzone shutdowns; the shutdowns are happening because BioWare will make a match before the numbers are legitimately even. This will happen regardless of premades or pugs.

Also, I said it before and I will say it again: people will leave a game if they want to. It doesn't have to be against a premade. Only ONE team is going to win, and people have the tendency to leave once they are behind. Newsflash: someone (almost) will always be behind.

Just because 4 people queue together doesnt mean it's a premade and they are going to faceroll. The main and biggest advantage occurs when the 4 people are communicating on vent. When that happens, undergeared and less skilled premade can faceroll. Other than that, group queue is not big deal. It usually just some guys who would rather be on the same side then randomly be placed against each other.

I dont know why a bunch of people here jumped on the OP as if he committed a crime. Is it too much to ask for a fair game. You idiots actually see it as fair for half of a team to communicate via vent and coordinate instantly to go against random players? I mean, sure the game allows you to do, but dont brag about as if you accomplished something and certainly dont call out someone frustrated by its unfairness.

Most good PvPers who run premades in vent, would much rather go against other premades, not get excited about facerolling random pug and call it skill.

No, solo queues wouldn't drop in queue times, while group queuing would basically go to a halt.

Let's say 100 people are queuing up. Out of that 100, let's just say 20 people are queuing in groups. (Level 50, both factions)

80 / 16 = 5

What this means is, there will be at least 5 games playing.

20 / 16 = 1.25

What this means is there will be a game playing, but an entire group of people will have to wait at least 15 minutes before being invited into the next available game, and this cycle will continue, and may cause people to log off, level alts, etc.

I just picked a random number. Of course this proves nothing but let's face it: more people solo queue than group queue, but I suppose that depends on your server. Next Huttball -- if you play that a lot -- check to see just how many people are in the games, and if they are in the same guild. Sorry, but premades really aren't the problem. They don't cause the system to have warzone shutdowns; the shutdowns are happening because BioWare will make a match before the numbers are legitimately even. This will happen regardless of premades or pugs.

Also, I said it before and I will say it again: people will leave a game if they want to. It doesn't have to be against a premade. Only ONE team is going to win, and people have the tendency to leave once they are behind. Newsflash: someone (almost) will always be behind.

No, only a looser would take a stand of "either I can PvP with my buddies, pocket healers, pocket tank, or I am not playing"

If group queue is too long for you because they implant group vs group, then hey queue solo. That means during that time, the only challenge available is Solo. Can you handle solo?

Also what server do you play on that is PLAGUED with complete loosers that have tendencies to leave once they are behind. Sure it happens, but no way to the extent you are talking about. Good PvPers establish a reputation. You play good games (win or loose) and you make friends (and enemies). You make a habit of quitting when you are behind, and trust me, eventually everyone will remember your name and good luck getting any assistance in the WZ then.

Also from what I gathered, there will be consequences for quitting rated WZs.

Edited by Agooz

No, only a looser would take a stand of "either I can PvP with my buddies, pocket healers, pocket tank, or I am not playing"

If group queue is too long for you because they implant group vs group, then hey queue solo. That means during that time, the only challenge available is Solo. Can you handle solo?

Also what server do you play on that is PLAGUED with complete loosers that have tendencies to leave once they are behind. Sure it happens, but no way to the extent you are talking about. Good PvPers establish a reputation. You play good games (win or loose) and you make friends (and enemies). You make a habit of quitting when you are behind, and trust me, eventually everyone will remember your name and good luck getting any assistance in the WZ then.

Also from what I gathered, there will be consequences for quitting rated WZs.

You're a joke.

I will now explain why.

If you can't queue with friends, the next argument is going to be that the system isn't placing good compositions. "I JUST LOST A HUTTBALL BECAUSE THE TEAM HAD 4 SORCERERS AND 4 JUGGERNAUTS." Yeah, okay.

The queuing system sucks, I don't recall arguing that, but removing premades isn't going to stop people from crying for losing. People who cry, will always cry, regardless of how fair the system is. If you disagree, I am guessing you have little to no MMO experience and have never browsed the forums for this game or any other game before.

Also, the server I play on is irrelevant; read the forums and you'll see HUNDREDS of threads where people cry about people leaving their warzone because someone got a score in Huttball, Voidstar started out as round 1 defender and within a minute the attacking team got passed, or 2 nodes were won in Civil War. It's not made up, it's there for you to read.

Also, until rated warzones come out, I usually solo queue, but when I group queue I bring a comp that will help the team.

All I am asking for is a even match. It people are ok with basically e.g. grown men beating down kids and call that excitement what can i say?

I agree with this part. There should be more tiers; given a gear based PvP system, it is ridiculous that potentially you can have a group of 8 fresh fifties against 8 BMs (in full BM gear).

I wouldn't go so far as to say that pre-mades are a source of griefing, but PvP is supposed to be about skill. It is not supposed to be about the team with the best gear. I don't care how good you are, if your team has nothing more than centurion gear and the opposing team is full up BM, you are are going to lose.

A queue system could easily search your worn items, inventory and bank then queue you to an appropriate WZ.

I just finished a miserable match against a very good premade in Aldaraan. We lost all three turrets, I was marked (which is not fun for a healer, especially against an organized team) and, with four opponents on each side of the wall that separates left and mid, I was dead within 30-seconds whenever I stepped off the speeder landing. It was, in short, not fun at all.

But despite that, I can't blame our opponent. They were just really good. And we just...weren't. If every game was like that, I think I'd be angry. But it isn't. The Republic on our server usually fares pretty well. Sometimes we even dominate the Empire (although I don't think I've ever seen anything as lopsided as tonight).

Hopefully, when rated Warzones arrive, these elite groups will find worthier opponents. But in the meantime, I'll just tip my hat, take my beating and work on getting better.

I think is the most rational and well written post I have ever seen on these forums ever. +1 to you Sir. this is maturity on the net after all.

Its called an MMO, the point is to meet people and play the game with them. if you dont want to, fine. be ready for what you sign up for.

This game's match making system (supposedly) tries to match groups vs groups, however for some reason BW thinks its ok that there are only like 200-400 players per faction on each server. so unless you want to wait in que for 30+ minutes (I dont) it does the best it can, which is set up games.

I run exclusively in premades, everyday on my server (The Shadowlands) and my guild is pretty notorious for them. but lets weigh your choices:

A: solo que and almost always get grouped with people who never communicate, cant guard a turret, or throw a ball, and just usually arent very good.

B: find three of your friends and play together, knowing your all trying to win, and help out and have fun.

the choice is pretty obvious. the people you play with dont even have to be good or geared, its just plain more fun to play together with friends. Winning is just a plus.

You're a joke.

I will now explain why.

If you can't queue with friends, the next argument is going to be that the system isn't placing good compositions. "I JUST LOST A HUTTBALL BECAUSE THE TEAM HAD 4 SORCERERS AND 4 JUGGERNAUTS." Yeah, okay.

The queuing system sucks, I don't recall arguing that, but removing premades isn't going to stop people from crying for losing. People who cry, will always cry, regardless of how fair the system is. If you disagree, I am guessing you have little to no MMO experience and have never browsed the forums for this game or any other game before.

Also, the server I play on is irrelevant; read the forums and you'll see HUNDREDS of threads where people cry about people leaving their warzone because someone got a score in Huttball, Voidstar started out as round 1 defender and within a minute the attacking team got passed, or 2 nodes were won in Civil War. It's not made up, it's there for you to read.

Also, until rated warzones come out, I usually solo queue, but when I group queue I bring a comp that will help the team.

I love this part " i am guessing you have little to no OMM experience." Well i do and let me break it down for ya. WOW U cant que over 5 peeps at a time, but they have 10-40 man pvp zones, Rift cant que more then 2 players. they have also have 10-40mans and then their's swtor which is going to have full ops group VS pugs soon.. Yea, lets see how long that last before they start loosing peeps just like rift and wow did before they killed premades vs pugs.

OH, back to that quote.. Which OMM did u play that let premades farm pugs?

I don't defend myself against mentally handicapped arguments. I don't even know what an OMM is, actually.

OH im sorry. I typed omm instead of mmo. I didnt mean to confuse you, :_(

but i think what i said, and your response to it speaks for its self..