The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PVP Healing in 1.2

TheEvilEeyore

^_^ With all due respect, sounds like you've fought bad healers mostly, as I can think of a number of ways to either keep you at bay or flee, or if need be, call my team-mates. One error alot of healers make is to panic and start spamming heals in an attempt to save themselves, forgetting *They* can stun you, CC you, shield themselves, run, LoS (ranged mostly), knockback, etc... And sorcs are a dps/heal class *with* an intterupt.

That being said, at 50 healing through/against mutliple targets is fairly easy for me, and we needed a nerf. O.o not this omg huge nerf we got, but a nerf. Hopes that the PTS has them reverse/change some of the nerfs.

Or maybe you are the one playing against bad dpsers :Oo? Just saying. Not trying to argue. :p:o

On my dps alt I really have no problems killing Sorcerers. They can pop shield, they can run, they can stun. Thing they CAN'T do is outheal my damage and they can't do enough of the damage to kill me before I burn them down. I am not joking. Maybe it is because I know how Sorcerer works, but when I meet them in Warzones they have no chance going out further than 5m from the spawn area :D. With my stuns, KB, Interrupt, push - they simply have no chance. Yeah, I am mean, but I do to them same other players are doing to my healer :p!!!!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with this and stopped healing and went to DPS spec on my sage. Took away the only way to get any force power back (without killing yourself) and took away the 1 second cast bonus away. I am only playing under 50 on my sage but it still is hard to get off a 2.5 second heal.

I trully believe that there is a DPS bug somewhere. I noticed a lot of times, some very "odd" scenarios unfold.

In any case, healers are a thing of the past, 8 strong dps vs 7 dps/healer, or 6 and a healer. The 8 DPS will win at this current time. The healer goes down in seconds and now the team is out numbered.

NO matter how much, peel, cc or whatever else you wanna throw at it, the healer goes down. I play exclusively in a premade with 2 juggs and an dps. I go down just as fast as their healer.

THe other thing I noticed is that while sorcs can still put up pretty numbers (top up healing), they have no viable way to deal with the insane burst damage that is being dealt right now.

I would also like to state that some people like myself, have gotten screwed over with pre-patch BM gear modding and now have less expertise they expected.

Edit: This mornings patch had put back some survivability. It actually wasn't a burst fest!! I wonder if with the new down time it will be removed. I have a feeling that the % mitigation isn't working properly or wasn't working properly. I noticed my energy shield yesterday vs today is completely differnt.

Edited by Dartagon

Oddly enough, post-1.2 I had less issues running out of resources.

However, that was because either myself or my teammates were all dead before I could run low.

I'd estimate there was about a 50/50 chance that my 2nd heal on a given target would even finish before they hit the floor.

Edited by Syylara

Oddly enough, post-1.2 I had less issues running out of resources.

However, that was because either myself or my teammates were all dead before I could run low.

I'd estimate there was about a 50/50 chance that my 2nd heal on a given target would even finish before they hit the floor.

I have to agree :).

Damage is higher. People die faster. Sometimes they die while I am casting a heal. By the time I run out of force target I was about to heal is dead, or I am (if we don't have one more healer to heal me up). ;)

The real change here for the pvp side is resource management. No longer will you be able to sit behind the lines spamming heals and bubbles all day. That's kinda the point we were making about Sorc/Sage heals being too OP. They can literally sit there all day spamming heals and bubbles on themselves and teammates to the point where if there are more than 1 or 2 people who can heal (*note, I said people who can heal, not dedicated healers) it is near impossible to take a single healer down without a coordinated attack of half a team.

This really shows up in Voidstar, where healers can set up in the middle around the pillars and basically keep their team alive through very concentrated attacks. Not to mention that their heal spec can still dish out enough internal/elemental damage to be a threat to melee and has utility up the rear to stay alive anyway. Melee is the eternal enemy of healers... right now, all they have to do is stun us, walk away, and heal then they're right back into it with minimal resource loss...

Sorc/Sage resource management made them able to heal them AND their team through moderately concentrated attacks with no real threat of running out of resources like the other heal classes do. They can't anymore, and that's the way it should be, since to bring others up to their level, not only do they have to increase healing for the other healers, but then they have to increase DPS so there is still a way to punch through heals, and then, since DPS went up, they then have to rebalance tanks, and it is just a big mess. It is much easier to nerf Sorc/Sage resource management.

They're not healing themeselves but teammates. Both sides imp/repub evenly. That was balance. They kept teammates alive and kept the game rolling. If you ever fought vs sage/sorc you'd know they're target #1 and where they are? sitting in the back, front, middle makes no difference, if you don't go after them, it's your own fault. Not theirs.

You had to counter healers w/your own healers.. again, more balance.

Now, they can't keep anyone alive for very long. Best effort is to heal those not getting eaten alive by the focus fire. The rewards are based against any healers.

I agree that resource management is a nice feature, but mix that in w/the costs skyrocketing up and times goes up and heal power going down just spells complete and utter nerf beyond just a tweak here and there.

Im done with this game, as a commando combat medic FULL Battlemaster gear and valor 76, I go down in a few seconds if 1-2 of the enemy decide to take notice of me.. a CC, a few hits and its respawn time...

im just fodder who doesnt really do anything at all (full heal spec). If i can get off a heal, then 1 of the enemy decides to beat on me and im out of action, and usually dead shortly after

Never have a i felt so useless as healer. Never will understand why Bioware prefers to screw over their playerbase. who needs $ anyway. They dont.

Edited by mblaxter