Community Q&A: March 23rd 2012

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I got my last post deleted for asking more then 1 question, I'll try it this way....

Are there any plans to change commedation bags to be non unique?

reason: I (and probably many more) are well below the Rank cap to get the rank 60 gear/bags, and are going to end up capping merc and warzone comms quickly. It would be great to be able to not waste comms until rank 60. Right now, I just got rank 50 and I have 1k merc comms and 300 warzone comms. I've got the full set champ gear, I don't want the longspur and I have nothing else to spend them on. It only takes a handful of matches (win or lose) to get to cap.

I'm a casual player, a carebear, who unsubbed from even this game due to low pop. I have a 38 PT, and a bunch of alts. All I can say is it's no fun when I'm soloing Balmorra Heroics with my 38, to get coms, to get lockboxes to loot and send to my lower lvl toons 'cause I can't convince 3 out of the remaining 12 people on planet to run a 4 man with me on my lvl appropriate toons.

My guild went from having 30'ish people on a night to 4-6. Imp fleet had 59 on tonight when I logged at around 11 PM EST. A lot of those were from the better known PvP guilds and raid guilds on our server.

To beat a dead horse, even average to bad content can be fun if you have other people to run it with.

Since I got my last post deleted for asking more then 1 question, I'll try it this way....

Are there any plans to change commedation bags to be non unique?

reason: I (and probably many more) are well below the Rank cap to get the rank 60 gear/bags, and are going to end up capping merc and warzone comms quickly. It would be great to be able to not waste comms until rank 60. Right now, I just got rank 50 and I have 1k merc comms and 300 warzone comms. I've got the full set champ gear, I don't want the longspur and I have nothing else to spend them on. It only takes a handful of matches (win or lose) to get to cap.

You realize in 1.2 here soon there is only WZ coms and no more bags right? i mean reading patch notes before asking this would of saved some face for you, but gave me a lol...

I could see why it was deleted, a simple read would of fixed this...

It would be nice to be able to add names to a Friend's List even if they're not online - when it comes to joining a guild on a server - for when they do log in, I'd be able to join their guild, or ask for that opportunity. Any chance that could be added?

So serious question here... why do you people care so much? I honestly couldn't care less if they changed the game once every month, once every three months or once a year let alone if they answered questions from the community. I think it's fantastic that they are active in putting out fixes and patches and finding time to answer questions. I can understand low population server problems for PVP, but don't you have friends you can play with for PVE? I got a group of 8 of my friends together and we bought the game. I play exclusively with them and don't have any issues with PvE. If you don't have friends, why are you soloing an MMO? Sounds kind of lonely.

$15/mo is nothing for the amount of enjoyment I get out of this game, I just don't understand why so many people are ready to kill someone over it. Sure there are some bugs or issues, but nothing is perfect and I know the team is working on it. Sometimes it just takes a while. Why not have patience and enjoy the aspects of the game you have?

I play a couple times a week and it is totally worth it because my friends and I get together on Vent and have a blast. We run a drunken operation/flashpoint and the stories that come out of it are fantastic. Or we try content a new way, or a speed run. Ever tried a speed run with a couple undergeared friends? Hilarity ensues. Ventrilo just becomes a tornado of laughter. Make the game fun.

I get that you aren't getting the answers YOU want to hear (i.e. specific dates), but how is this new? Some companies don't even tell you when their game is going to be launched until two months before... Why are you so entitled? When has a company EVER not released information that they knew was set in stone? Never, it increases revenue and interest. So once they have a date or a patch number, there really is no concern... they WILL tell you.

Some people don't troll forums 24/7 and don't have all the information you do so they ask less that appetizing questions. I get that, but educate them so they stop asking stupid questions. I believe there ARE stupid questions, but if you don't educate ignorance it just continues to exist. Also, people do have the right to have their question answered whether it is asinine or not. As someone else mentioned, they pay just as you do.

Anyways, I guess I am just more... apathetic than the rest of you, but surely that can't be the only thing?

[P.S. If you want a neat little fact, do a google search and cross reference: "When did <insert commonly referenced MMO> get server transfers?" with "When did <insert commonly referenced MMO> launch?"]

Edited by pRagmata

My question is when are the transfers coming? If you can copy entire guilds over to the public server , shouldn't you be able to copy players to the server of their choosing and then delete the character on the original server?

Also I unsubbed because of population , but I still have 25 days of playtime left . It would be nice if one of the developers started a discussion on the forums regarding topics of interest (such as server pop) and just had a dialog with the community instead of cherry picking easy questions and answering them on fridays

Edited by KoolerZero

Hurray another pointless Q&A. I mean FFS why do you even bother anymore?

I think questions like "Why is my Lightsaber Green?" would be better. At least you'd have a solid answer. "Because you have a green crystal."

Do you remember those GLARING population issues?

Servers with 500 people on them? Servers with republic and empire ratios 1 to 10? People (like myself) who are unsubbed and not going to rejoin the game until the server population issue is addressed?

No addons, non-basic functions and a $15 dollar fee for the month.

But yes, Bioware will do its PR work and completely avoid talking about issues relating to the game because they want to avoid the bad publicity.

I was okay with the customer service and there "We don't respond to problems" attitude. This is just kind of getting ridiculous. I love the game despite all its flaws, but I can't play a game where I reroll to a new server every month. I've re-rolled twice now, I'm not doing it again and not paying money just so you can leech off me until you fix your game. :( so sad right now.

too bad you wouldnt be able to post if you didnt have an active subscription.......

Bioware has done an excellent job filling up the in-game Codex with relevant lore from the Old Republic universe. As an RPer, I've found Bioware's frequent mention of (and priority given to) the RP community extremely refreshing--we were pretty much explicitly marginalized by Blizzard.

My question is this: could codex entries be written for the player-character races? While the codex entries for NPC races are quite detailed, I can find very little lore-based information on the player-races. For example, there hasn't been much lore developed for the Miraluka race. I see a lot of them running around. They're clearly quite popular. But for an RPer, it can sometimes be difficult to play one without a detailed history and culture to use as a foundation.

^.^

Thanks for wasting our questions....

Mksaccount

Bendog

BurdoThePious

Niktika

Pzljug

Suzume_Bachi: a simple search would have answered this question

DevTheSith

joetacticSW

You're welcome...if it makes you feel any better to blame me for asking. Even though I'm not the one picked the questions. Knock yourself out, I've gotten worst by better.

Can we get more visibility (a lot more) on what gives objective points in WZ matches?

Reason: There seems to be a collective confusion, myself included, on what gives points and what doesn't. Many have had matches where they score multiple times in huttball, hit doors (multiple at times) and many other actual objectives. Yet, they get no objective points.

sigh,no server pop fixes,no engine fix acknowledgment.I know you guys know that hacks are in the game asked a CS.good thing I unsubbed may 15 can not come fast enough so far I am playing skyrim with mods that has a magicka saber so skyrim will be my new swtor.

Seems very strange.

You supposedly unsubbed yet you're still here complaining?

Tech/Force attacks cannot be defended against, nor do they trigger shields, thus they always hit. ACs that rely heavily or entirely on Tech/Force seem to bare the brunt of most nerf requests and are perceived to be the most OP. By contrast, weapon damage reliant ACs are considered the most underpowered or underwhelming. Furthermore, by virtue of the mechanics of Tech/Force, tank specs in PvP are underperforming due to the nature of their many talents relying on or enhancing shielding and/or defending attacks. Are there any plans to revisit the combat system and address issues like these?

Bioware has done an excellent job filling up the in-game Codex with relevant lore from the Old Republic universe. As an RPer, I've found Bioware's frequent mention of (and priority given to) the RP community extremely refreshing--we were pretty much explicitly marginalized by Blizzard.

Not to derail from the thread, but I'm surprised you think Bioware has been doing much of anything more than WoW ever did to benefit RPers. Really, the only thing WoW lacks by comparison is an equivalent to the codex (and to some extent customizability in gear) which is entirely meaningless given SW:TOR has got to be one of THE most barebones RP games I've ever played. FFS, we don't even have chat bubbles or sittable chairs, and considering this game is from Bioware I think what offends me the most on the RP standpoint is there's no Pazaak, let alone ANY kind of Star Wars Universe tabletop or card game. I want to roleplay as part of the game and as part of socializing. This game doesn't provide for RPers if the only RP you can make from it is treating SW:TOR like Second Life, a glorified 3D chat room. Of course, it doesn't help to get into the mood when every single quest treats me like the only person in the whole universe capable of doing anything.

They dropped the ball for roleplayers right on our toes, picked it back up, then dropped it again before acting like it was all an accident. At least Blizzard had the courtesy to just throw the ball at us and then ignore us entirely with a nice note on it saying, "lol rp"

Edited by Dannicus

Regarding servers and lack of enough players on some of them, will players ever be able to move around characters between different servers, and will servers ever be combined to create a more fitting population of players?

I think they're working on character transfer, it will just take some time.

Currently the game's performance doesn't seem to run smooth, certain zones seem to take a bit of time to load, plus the game client alone uses way too many resources. Are there any plans to sort out these issues to give us a better and smoother performance?

Currently the game's performance doesn't seem to run smooth, certain zones seem to take a bit of time to load, plus the game client alone uses way too many resources. Are there any plans to sort out these issues to give us a better and smoother performance?

THIS. Oh please answer this one!! This is a huge concern for myself and my guildmates that has often come up.