I was told to put this here, see if it works...

Vakyoom

DISCLAIMER: I am not nor have i ever been a blizzard employee. I'm merely a guy who loves star wars and was immensely disappointed with the star wars game i invested my time and money into. Play a different class/spec, is not good enough for a game with this kind of a team. Unacceptable.

Well my sub stops today, i cancelled so i didn't waste another $15 on this game without it being something really worth putting my time into. Silly game-changes, terrible coding, a constantly failing engine and the worst customer service i've ever experienced from a company have led me to not wanting to be bothered with this game, a game i had quite a bit of fun playing.

As you can see from my sig i played a marauder and operative and i had a blast on both of them, both level 50. I'd be a battlemaster on my operative before i even would've gotten all my champ gear with this new valor system. I'm really excited for legacy and for the new operation but that's not enough to keep me playing a game that's not working properly. When this game gets the sort of attention that warrants a $13-15/month sub i'd love to come back, i love star wars and i love the storylines and even most of the gameplay.

Devs picking sides for different classes, being rude and intentionally unhelpful... Making game changes without putting real thought into what might happen when you nerf one ability that has another ability relying on the first ability to work. Making massive class changes without any sort of informative explanation or backing up why they thought EVEN MORE nerfs were necessary.

Now for the real purpose of this post, i've said all the above crap before.

For those of you who care, i've gone back to playing a very cataclysmic mmo while i wait for "latin devil 3" to come out and i am having quite a good time. The talent trees, dungeons and raids are all feeling more immersive and rewarding. When you spec in a certain tree you feel as though your points are all well spent and like you really do have a niche role, no matter what spec it is.

While i do miss the star wars veil over everything, the only big difference is auto attacks and the conversation wheel. My server is kind of dead but all the cross server functionality is very handy and they're trying to gear fresh people for the newest raids so they don't need to do old raids that no ones doing anymore. There's even intense cutscenes in the raids now.

There's a new feature called transmogrification, basically you take your current item(we'll go with weapon, 2h mace) and you think it looks just awful. Well pull your old stormherald out of the bank and bam your new mace can look like an older model one for a few gold. Plus there's the arcane reforging... Don't like a secondary stat on your gear? reduce that stat by 40% or so and add another secondary stat of your choice.

And don't forget the fully customizable UI, macros for simple things(people who run full spell rotations in macros are lame) and 3rd party add-ons to let me move my health bars to where i can see them near my character. The little things really add up when they affect the big things, even if they're just quality of life improvement.

Anyways, i'm not trying to be a fan boy or talk up the competition i'm just giving people my views after leaving a faulty game for one that looks beautiful, plays flawlessly and has a dev team that knows how to take care of it's community. All of it. The biggest thing i miss combat wise, is the .5-1sec pre-cast option. That was so nice.

If you're hanging on to swtor for any reason and think you've left other games for a good reason... you may be wrong. Go play a fully functioning game and tell me it doesn't feel miles apart.

Good luck operatives, i hope i get to come back and play this game someday when it's either free/worth more of my money. I really really do want to play this game. It's fun, immersive and the depth is great... but things like the awful dev team just really sealed the deal for me. Perhaps it really was all a big scheme to get people really excited about a new game and everyone pre-orders it, then when it didn't live up to expectations people would be so starved for a good time they'd go back to all their other games from before and be happier than ever. But money is made all around so who loses? Us, the gamers...

It's like leaving your old gf for a new hot supermodel, but you realize she's really high maintenance, doesn't like your friends and just wants you to spend all your money on her. Then your old gf seems like heaven on earth.

Food for thought. keep it real star wars.

Edited by Vakyoom

Well my sub stops today, i cancelled so i didn't waste another $15 on this game without it being something really worth putting my time into. Silly game-changes, terrible coding, a constantly failing engine and the worst customer service i've ever experienced from a company have led me to not wanting to be bothered with this game, a game i had quite a bit of fun playing.

You admit to cancelling your account. These types of threads are not allowed on the forums, so this will be closed.

Hello everyone,

We do appreciate when anyone has taken the time to express their thoughts and concerns. We will be closing this thread, as there is little room for constructive discussion. However, we do value any feedback and do encourage anyone to voice their feedback on the forums. We only ask that feedback focus on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ itself, and that it is constructive and as detailed as possible.

We thank you for your time and your understanding that we've closed this thread.