Merc Hybrid spec viable?

oburn

A hybrid build for Mercs is very viable. Currently 24/17/0 is probably one of the best. It gives you access to beefy heals and tracer missile, allowing you to do pretty decent damage as well as overall good healing. It's also a very good PvP build at 50.

As far as leveling and allocating points, you'll want to put the first 17 in Arsenal, and then fill out the rest into Bodyguard.

Something like this is what it would look like at 50: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300rfMoRzsdzZMIkbR0b.1

Edited by Areaz

I'm not sure as to it's viability, but the reason you need to spend 24 points in Bodyguard is to get the HoT and armor buff attached to Healing Scan. Kolto Shell is also pretty good for some "I'm not paying attention" heals.

Oh Ok cool, so with the spec your talking about, what stats are you stacking? Right now I'm Arsenal spec so after Aim, I've gone Accuracy and Crit. With your spec, I'm assuming you drop the Accuracy, and go with Power or crit with surge?

From a PvP perspective, unless you want to kill tanks(which you don't in this spec) you want crit and power, crit up to about 30-35% so that you can get crits on TM, and vent heat, and power just cause it's overall a really good stat. Surge you'll want to get up to about 75%, but it's a pretty easy stat to stack. Edited by Areaz

I leveled as full on Arsenal, so I used Mako, but after you put enough points into the Bodyguard tree, you could probably get away with using Gault for extra DPS as long as you make sure to heal yourself.