I wish everyone had to expend 50% of their life to cast their 4 second stun

Asphen

This is nothing more than a venting thread.

I would totally rather have a 4 second stun than our pay 50% life / immune to 99% damage ability. If I could exchange the two, I would in a heartbeat.

I'd love to see this game if every other class had to play 50% of their life to 4 sec stun.

This is nothing more than a venting thread.

I would totally rather have a 4 second stun than our pay 50% life / immune to 99% damage ability. If I could exchange the two, I would in a heartbeat.

I'd love to see this game if every other class had to play 50% of their life to 4 sec stun.

What? Guarded by the force is one of the best abilities JKs get if used right. Or at least in pvp.

You are supposed to use it when you are below 10% health, which means even though you have little health it acts as if you didnt. In conjunction with some watchman healing and a medpac you could be pretty healthy after. I think its a pretty awesome skill.

Ok, but in return everybody else's 4 second stun has to become unbreakable, irresistible, and AoE affecting everyone within 35m.

Sure doesn't.

Lots o' times I've tried to use my Guarded by the Force, only to be Stunned or Flashbanged so it's useless.

I think having their stun cost half their life, just to have it instantly escaped would be fair play.

Sure doesn't.

Lots o' times I've tried to use my Guarded by the Force, only to be Stunned or Flashbanged so it's useless.

I think having their stun cost half their life, just to have it instantly escaped would be fair play.

Do you lose the benefit of Guarded by the Force while you're stunned?

No. You still survive 5 seconds longer than you otherwise would have.

Guarded by the Force has no direct counter. It affects anything that might damage you (including damage from any number of player/mob/environmental sources). It lasts for 5 seconds, no matter what anyone (or anything) else does. There is no comparison between it and a 4 second stun which generates resolve, can be resisted, affects exactly one target, can be broken with an ability that all classes have, can be dispelled by any nearby healer AC, and is completely useless against DoTs and environmental damage.

Edited by Dzhokhar

Do you lose the benefit of Guarded by the Force while you're stunned?

No. You still survive 5 seconds longer than you otherwise would have.

Guarded by the Force has no direct counter. It affects anything that might damage you (including damage from any number of player/mob/environmental sources). It lasts for 5 seconds, no matter what anyone (or anything) else does. There is no comparison between it and a 4 second stun which generates resolve, can be resisted, affects exactly one target, can be broken with an ability that all classes have, can be dispelled by any nearby healer AC, and is completely useless against DoTs and environmental damage.

Does your big three even break 1000?

And just no guy, no. Huff all you want, but I'd much rather have stun.

Does your big three even break 1000?

Big 3?

Allies of WW2?

Automakers?

Break 1000?

No big 3 that I'm aware of has anything to do with "breaking 1000".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Three

And just no guy, no. Huff all you want, but I'd much rather have stun.

I suggest you make another thread making that exact request and see what kind of response you get. Title it "I want a 4 second stun instead of Guarded by the Force".

Edited by Dzhokhar

I...I just don't even see the point of this thread. Are you trolling? Do you genuinely not see the unbelievable utility in having invincibility pretty much for 4 seconds? I have other classes at high level that have 4 second stuns, and there is nothing I wouldn't trade to have an ability like GBTF. But honestly, they don't even compare with each other. A stun is very, very different from an invincibility ability. So again, what exactly is the point of this thread?

guarded by the force is freakin amazing, anyone who would trade it for a stun needs to play with it some more and get its full potential realised :)

yes it can be countered in a sense with a well timed stun by a skilled player, but... by the time your down low enough to use guarded by the force your often in resolve anyhow :p

Edited by Ainianu

I don't chain die in my warzones. I'm so excellent, I have angel wings, that you likely can't see because your gameplay isn't good enough to allow you to see them.

You could even take the ability away and I wouldn't be that upset. I'd much rather have a stun that I could use for offense and defense.

If yer bad though and always getting killed, I understand why you love your Guarded by the force so much.

Edited by Notannos

You could even take the ability away and I wouldn't be that upset. I'd much rather have a stun that I could use for offense and defense.

If yer bad though and always getting killed, I understand why you love your Guarded by the force so much.

This only makes sense if you're so terrible that opposing teams simply ignore you.

You guys might be on to something though. My gameplay may be so far above or behind the bell curve of most Sentinel players that I see the game differently.

Regardless of whichever one is true, I'm still allowed to say: "I'd much rather have a 4 second stun than Guarded by the Force."

Edited by Notannos
rude

ok, I just rolled a sent. I dont know a whole lot yet. But it just seems like being totaly invulnerable to all damage for 5 seconds is better than stunning one guy for 4 seconds.

Its kinda like stunning all your enemies for 5 seconds, cuz they cant do any damage to you just like if they were stunned. But it affects YOU not them so its like you stunned the whole world for 5 seconds.(if you are solo pve)

Why and for what reason could a single target 4 sec stun be better?

Not that we shouldnt have one, just that I wouldnt trade one for GBTF.

Im a total nub and it seems obvious.

Sure doesn't.

Wait so you're complaining about smart players that stun you when they see your Guarded by the Force pop?

I think someone needs to stop complaining.

For the three terribads above me, I don't chain die in my warzones. I'm so excellent, I have angel wings, that you likely can't see because your gameplay isn't good enough to allow you to see them.

Before this I would have given you a solid 8/10 troll score. But the above post just makes it too obvious. I am therefore deducting points and leaving you with a 2/10.

• 2 weeks later...
Huff all you want, but I'd much rather have stun.

Really? I have been playing the marauder for a while (valor 64, full rakata save my helm which I use crafted with augment and full BM except chest and offhand) stopped playing him weeks/month ago and now a lvl 50 Sentinel (valor 56, some columni/champ, rakata daily).

I have to say Undying Rage/Guarded by the Force are probably close to the strongest PvP skills in the game. I have personally been in enough situations where I was able to hold a node, door, Hutball long enough to make a difference countless times due to this skill. On top of that, the biggest reason we can 2 on 1 or if they really suck 3 on 1 people is because of this skill. In my mind, my personal best display of fighting in PvP came when I was able to take mid in CW 1 on 3 against. A Commando healer, Guardian and Commando DPS were defending; I killed the healer fast (bad gear... and no guard on him) then the DPS commando with 20% health left, popped Undying then health pack then Berserk and applied DoTs to Guardian for heals. Healed back up to 50% by the time I killed him. Capped mid about 1 sec before I was attacked and held it just long enough for reinforcements. We won the match 5-0 about 10 sec later.

I cant praise this skill enough, and not just for the example above.

Stuns... could care less. If someone has full resolve its worthless, 4 seconds only applies to 1 person and they can use skill to get out of it. So many stuns already in the game, too many in fact - dont need any more, thats for certain.