The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PT at 30-35

SaintnDE

Fellow PT'ers:

I have looked/searched and really haven't seen a guide that is suggestive for leveling as a whole...bits and pieces here and there, but nothing I really seek.

I have leveling up the ST tree as of now using Mako as my companion (Gault gets on my nerves and reminds me of a cracked out Freddy Crougar). I have reached the point where I need more DPS as the killing speed is feeling drastically slow. I now have Jet charge and am currently filling out the Flame Surge talent.

I have looked over the "Iron-Fist" spec, and while I do PvP from time to time, I'm more apt to quest as to conquer :) Would this spec be advisable to use while just leveling and dabbling in the PvP arena?

I am quite enjoying the class...I would just like some extra "punch" so to speak.

Thanks!

Pyrotech, it doesnt go much faster than that. MY PT is currently 28, specced up to the free rail shot from flame burst/rocket punch, then currently 2 points in the Advanced prototype rail shot talent (-60% armor on rail shot).

There are zero heat issues, great damage and good survivability with mako around.

I leveled up shieldtech all the way to 50. At 32, I switched to Torian. If you get him geared very well he is excellent. I just had to go to the republic GTN a couple of times to buy him Purple weapons.

From 32 to 50, I dont think I used Mako for more than a handful of situations.

I got him 3 techblades purples from 32 to 50. I didnt have a problem getting them. 2 of which looked so good that it made me look like I am his sidekick. Also putting him in Jugg heavy gear, really makes him look like he is the main player. I cant tell you how many times I was jumped in wPvP, and instead of attacking me, they attacked Torian. lol

To answer your question yes. Iron Fist is better then a full ST build. You will keep nearly all the defense and up your DPS a lot. Pyro is another way to go entirely as that is a DPS build not a tank build. Iron Fist will play almost exactly the same as you are used to as full ST.

The advantage of using Pyro while leveling is that you can get the most important stuff relatively early on. 18 points ( i.e. lvl 27 ) and you're set, additional points in Pyro or AP are just bonus at that stage. Shield hybrids ( Iron Fist as well as Parakeet ) are high level builds, you really need those 21-23 points in Shield and a substantial amount in either AP or Pyro to be worth it, so until you're 40+ you'll essentially be looking at a Shield build anyway. Edited by Blurps