People staying logged on even when AFK.

Orangerascal

Dear Bioware,

Part of the reasons that the queue's are not moving are because people are not logging out due to macros, or the old pen in the keyboard trick. Please do something for the people that play the game legitimately.

I'm noticing more and more people doing this and having Aion flashbacks. Meanwhile a lot of players that are not afk running are waiting in your queues.

Regards,

The Community

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Bioware,

Part of the reasons that the queue's are not moving are because people are not logging out due to macros, or the old pen in the keyboard trick. Please do something for the people that play the game legitimately.

I'm noticing more and more people doing this and having Aion flashbacks. Meanwhile a lot of players that are not afk running are waiting in your queues.

Regards,

The Community

Or, they could add more servers... Hint hint BioWare!

Dear Bioware,

Regards,

The Community

How would you like Bioware to detect someone has stuck a pen in their keyboard?

How would you like Bioware to detect someone has stuck a pen in their keyboard?

Running against a wall for two hours :D

Just kidding. Anyway, we are still in pre-launch mode, and balancing servers is a very, very tricky business. You have to balance the prelaunch guilds, early accessers, factions, total server pop, and so on. It's better than people queue now and roll different servers when they are deployed, than queues continue to be a problem throughout the game's existence.

After five hours solid gaming I decided to take a break. My guildies warned me if I logged I'd be out in the cold for an hour, but I decided to log anyhow. Fair is fair. I'm probably the only one to do this, but I don't feel good taking a spot I'm not using ...

This is a legitimate problem. Trion figured out how to stop it when it was running rampant in RIFT at launch (similar queue issues to TOR, though on a smaller scale), i'm sure Bioware can figure it out.

Running rampant in Rift? How did they stop it? Just curious...

The problem is, I'm now in a 30 minute queue after taking a 5 minute shower and expecting to log back in. Until BW makes more servers we will all continue having these issues. From now on, I'm staying logged in if I'll be back in around an hour or so.

So you admit to being a liar then?

You did not get D/Ced from a 5 minute afk.

No, please read my post read first. I logged off after playing for a few hours, took a 5 minute shower, and tried logging back in, only to get stuck in a 30 minute queue. Why don't you read into it before you start making accusations.

Maybe you should make it more clear in your original post. You did not imply you logged off purposely.

If you're only going to be afk for 5 minutes, don't log off.

Restarts every 4 hours.

annoying the entire population every 4 hours instead of a 100 people in a que when they begin playing isn't very good business. In-fact it's downright horrible.

Every game as it releases has que issues. people tied to a server stay the impatient untied to the server roll on another server with shorter ques. Then in 2 months when they realize that servers population is to small for full enjoyment start complinaining to have a swerver consolidation.

Personally I'll put up with the que's creating dense server populations etc because long term it'll be for the better.

Seen to many games add to many servers then implode relatively quickly.

annoying the entire population every 4 hours instead of a 100 people in a que when they begin playing isn't very good business. In-fact it's downright horrible.

Every game as it releases has que issues. people tied to a server stay the impatient untied to the server roll on another server with shorter ques. Then in 2 months when they realize that servers population is to small for full enjoyment start complinaining to have a swerver consolidation.

Personally I'll put up with the que's creating dense server populations etc because long term it'll be for the better.

Seen to many games add to many servers then implode relatively quickly.

If you can just log back in after the restart I don't see the issue. Wouldent bother me one bit. it's only temporary.

Edited by gunmetalgray

Running rampant in Rift? How did they stop it? Just curious...

everybody jumps, but usually not for one hour in a row, and on the same spot.

everybody walks, but usually not only forward without ever taking a step backwards, left or right.

everybody casts buffs, but not the same buff, over and over and over again every 30 seconds when it still had 59 minutes left.

I guess it dooesnt take a supergenius hacker to make a script that detects if a character has been doing one action and only one action all the time.

Or, they could add more servers... Hint hint BioWare!

That's a short-term fix with long-term problems. Once the initial surge goes through and folks start playing more normal hours, you don't want to end up with a bunch of nearly-empty servers that will need to be merged down in order to maintain sustainable populations. That's what happened in WAR and it killed it for a lot of people.

This is a legitimate problem. Trion figured out how to stop it when it was running rampant in RIFT at launch (similar queue issues to TOR, though on a smaller scale), i'm sure Bioware can figure it out.

I'd rather have them focus on ways to eliminate queue's all together instead of going after people who stay logged in...

Dear Bioware,

Regards,

The Community

So if you need to take your dog out. Or.... you want to run to the store that's 5 min away to get something.. You should be penalized?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.