VO that great?

Bafucin

VO, is it that great? I mean now they MUST have VO on every new quest they make. And they also MUST have movies. More work.

And player must wait months before they get something new. And when it's out for the players, they are done with it the same day...

I think this game need more mission terminals. :D

Well, there are already heroics that you get via terminals. I find them dull and uninvolving. :)

VO is indeed that great. It's what has dragged me into this MMO the way no other MMO to date has managed to do, because story is huge in my enjoyment of a game. Having a bit of written text doesn't really drag you in, because the missions are very nearly always "Go there, kill X number of Y, kill the boss Z and then come back". With a quality VO, it actually feels like you're doing something for someone.

VO, is it that great? I mean now they MUST have VO on every new quest they make. And they also MUST have movies. More work.

And player must wait months before they get something new. And when it's out for the players, they are done with it the same day...

As for the highlighted...welcome to MMO's, enjoy your stay.

As for VO's...yes, thier great, after 12 years in the genre i actually care about the story and not just lvling to max ASAP.

This is the first MMO I play that I am not busy leveling but I am busy completing a story. Yes, even on alts when Ive done the quest before. And thats mainly because of VO. This game does not need more terminals.

They dont have to redo vos for every new quest, they only have to vo the new convs for q givers and recievers and thats only if they dont work from mission terminals. and video aint to hard for these guys as has been proven. PS if you aint noticed yet the semi fact is that bioware are on a 6-7 month float for content.

So what we have coming down the pipe now was started 6 months ago so even though they arnt rushing they obviously have a big enough team and is what they have stated before to keep up the content rate to which we have no bar if they slow down a bit for an expansion.

If there's one thing I can say I think EA/BW did right in the devolpment of a MMO, it's VO's. But VO heavy games are something everyone expects from BW games. I won't really know how much VO's really matter to me, where MMO's are concerned until GW2 is released.

I think they need to get rid of the few mission terminals they currently have and turn them into conversations with actual characters. I bypass terminal quests simply because I don't find those stories to be portrayed in any interesting fashion.

I'd rather wait for that content, not that I have to. I still have 6 more character stories to go through. The story isn't something I spacebar through just so I can complain that I finished it in one day.

VO is the direction things are moving in for the industry...

and the "movies" (assuming you mean the ingame cutscenes rather than the cinematics made by Blue Studio) are rendered in real time by the engine. As far as the Blur cinematics are concerned... we might get a new one for 2.0 or whenever they have a major release. But otherwise they are a little pricy.

I really enjoy the voiceover, it makes everything seem much more worthwhile to do.

I remember my first day playing SWG where my character woke up on a space station where Han, Chewie and C-3P0 all had voiceover as i got guided through the tutorial, then when i landed on tarisarii point station the voiceovers stopped and i just remember feeling incredibly disappointed when i found that none of the characters had voices.

It works well in the lower levelling game, where the voice acting seems to be more tailored to actual quests.

However once they start to use a lot more canned responses in the later levelling game, later bonus series and dailys, then it doesn't work half as well (I assume this was completed after the voice acting was done, using their canned response store).

When literally your character will be saying the same thing "I will destroy them all!" again and again and again.

So if they can keep their quality up to early levelling... er... levels it's is nice, but it it drops to the level of some of the dailys then it's going to get old quickly.

Edited by Goretzu

Thought it was sweet as can be the first time I took a quest not I think I have only listened to about 1/4 of the VO/movies in the game, the space bar is my friend. 10 min of VO and 10 min of quest, doesn't do it for me but till my space bar breaks I'm good.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.