LightSabre colors (yes, again, sort of...)

MORTTUUM

OK, so I've seen lots of posts lamenting the removal of color restrictions based on the theme that "Jedi use Green/Blue, Sith use Red". But really, the official lore is full of contradictory examples. And while many (maybe most) of these are one-off or temporary situations, what, really, is the big deal?

I mean, Sith are all about themselces, and furthering their own interests; everything else is secondary to them. If the Empire, or the Dark Council, or whatever, says, officially, "Sith can only use Red (or Orange), then that's one thing. But since they apparently don't, why would a Sith who happens to think Green looks cooler not be inclined and able to use Green?

For the Jedi, it's even more-so, as the Jedi Council, if it issued such restrictions, would only be encouraging young Jedi to rebel against the "norm", and go Red out of spite (which would surely earn Dark-side points).

Overall, it doesn't seem like "the Lore" is clear-cut enough to make that solid an arguement for color-restrictions...

I agree with the OP, there is no rule in the lore anywhere until Darth Krayt's time that Sith have to use red.

And there's no lore anywhere that Jedi have to use only blue/green/yellow. There's a Jedi in the background of Episode 2 using a red lightsaber, even.

Hello there everyone,

Thank you for your constructive feedback! We understand that lightsaber colors (and crystal colors) are a popular topic. In the interest of keeping the discussion in one place, we will be closing this thread and asking you to post in this ongoing discussion: Color Wars!

Thank you for your understanding!