1.2 War Hero Gear on PTS - Now requires BM gear :)

grintar

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just LOL.

So as a champion geared player, in 1.2 this is what i will have to do, to be a tad more usefull then a wet noodle in PvP, after 1.2 patch:

1) Ditch all Champ + cent gear.

2) Buy a recruit PvP set for 500K.

3) Play some non rated warzone to get 417 warzone comms.

4) Spend saved warzone comms (max 1333 after being robbed in the merc. comms conversion) + 417 = 1750 on a BM mainhand weapon.

5) Play non rated warsones for BM gear.

6) a month later, start playing rated warzones to replace BM gear for war hero gear

Thats just great....:mad:

So if I get this right...you have to turn in a battlemaster piece for the war hero set? Plus, Champ/Centurion gear stays as it is.

This pretty much frost my *****. One I have issue with folks who hit fifty getting gear that I had to progress to valor 60 and hope I got lucky on bags for. Two...I hate the way the new Sorcerer gear looks...it's a freaking medusa head/drag queen with leg warmers outfit. I like my battlemaster robes but I have to trade the robes in so I can't even swap out the mods and keep my old stuff (I was hoping I would have been able to mod my Centurion set up after the patch, dig the coloring of that one the best, but you wont be able to swap the armoring mods on those sets)...

So now they are pretty much giving away BM gear I spent a bunch of time getting (not to mention really just making Cent/Champ gear worthless)...and making me regear into clown shoes...hell I can't even complain you poor Republic folks Jedi Knights & Smugglers, I mean really the new sets are not cool, and you can't keep your old set if you like it...the guy who designs armor needs to get fired.

This info was in the 1.2 PTS patch notes. Did no one read them?

"New War Hero PvP vendors can be found on the Republic and Imperial Fleets. They sell the new War Hero and Rated War Hero PvP sets for Ranked Warzone Commendations and the equivalent Battlemaster piece."

In the "Items and Economy" section under the "Vendors" sub head

It really is amazing, how Bioware keep going down and down. How can you ADD Ranked Warzones but still allow such a big difference in gear? Anyone else fail to understand why they don't want to make PvP Competative?

This info was in the 1.2 PTS patch notes. Did no one read them?

"New War Hero PvP vendors can be found on the Republic and Imperial Fleets. They sell the new War Hero and Rated War Hero PvP sets for Ranked Warzone Commendations and the equivalent Battlemaster piece."

In the "Items and Economy" section under the "Vendors" sub head

It was in the patch notes but it wasn't on the PTS until today. Poeple were happy that it wasn't as they did not want to grind the BM gear. I am actually happy though as it will make the time i invested in full BM worth something. I know this will bring alot of QQ.

A full BM set now costs 10,900 wz comms and the valor 60 requirement has been removed.

The ranked War Hero set has had all the mod slots stripped. It comes as a blank cosmetic piece with 3 open slots and costs only ranked warzone comms (rwz comms).

Example:

Ranked War Hero gloves cost 350 rwz comms

Non-Ranked War Hero gloves cost your BM gloves + 1750 rwz comms

So the non-ranked War Hero gloves that come with mods included cost 5x more ranked warzone comms than the actual ranked War Hero gloves that have had their mods taken out and are now just cosmetic.

A non-ranked War Hero set (that has not been gutted) now costs its respective BM piece plus ranked warzone comms as follows:

Relics/Implants: 200 wz comms + 1225 rwz comms

Bracers: BM Bracers + 1075 rwz comms

Belt: BM Belt + 1225 rwz comms

Gloves: BM gloves + 1750 rwz comms

Boots: BM Boots + 1750 rwz comms

Legs: BM Legs + 1950 rwz comms

Helm: BM Helm + 2100 rwz comms

Offhand Weapon/Item: BM Offhand Weapon/Item + 2200 rwz comms

Chestpiece: BM Chestpiece + 2775 rwz comms

Main Hand Weapon: BM Main Hand Weapon + 3400 rwz comms

A full non-ranked War Hero set with one relic will cost your full BM set(minus the implants) + 800 wz comms + 23,125 rwz comms.

A lvl 50 player on the PTS stated they were getting ~40-50 rwz comms per ranked warzone. So it will take ~500 warzones played to get 23,125 rwz comms. That's 7,500 mins if each warzone is 15 mins long or a total 125 hrs.

I lol´ed. I´m in full bm. I would stop playing if I weren´t.

Good luck to all pvpers who didn´t have enough time to gather full bm gear.:(

Yeah this change is seriously frakked up. So I cannot play ranked warzones for like a month because I didn't use the valor exploit? What the hell Bioware?!

I just really can't be assed to grind gear for that long. I honestly do not understand how people find grinding to be fun. If this is the route that Bioware are taking I won't be a part of it. Not being some QQ nerd, but I genuinely don't enjoy the gear grind, so rather play something I will enjoy.

I just really can't be assed to grind gear for that long. I honestly do not understand how people find grinding to be fun. If this is the route that Bioware are taking I won't be a part of it. Not being some QQ nerd, but I genuinely don't enjoy the gear grind, so rather play something I will enjoy.

Some of us like gear progression. Some of us like PVP. Honestly, with only 3 war-zones, gear progression was the only thing that kept me playing. Now they are adding more gear progression because they know it will equate to longer subscriptions.

Here's how it breaks down though:

If you are currently getting stomped in WZ when in a premade with your friends you will still get stomped. If you are winning with your friends you will still win.

The gear difference in the beginning will not mean that much. However, as the ratings sort them selves out, you will notice the gear difference. Meaning you have about 2 weeks once 1.2 goes live to get geared. If you are not geared by then and you have been doing well you will be facing people that severely out gear you. You will then get stomped until you reach a rating where you can win with your current gear set.

A full BM set now costs 10,900 wz comms and the valor 60 requirement has been removed.

The ranked War Hero set has had all the mod slots stripped. It comes as a blank cosmetic piece with 3 open slots and costs only ranked warzone comms (rwz comms).

Example:

Ranked War Hero gloves cost 350 rwz comms

Non-Ranked War Hero gloves cost your BM gloves + 1750 rwz comms

So the non-ranked War Hero gloves that come with mods included cost 5x more ranked warzone comms than the actual ranked War Hero gloves that have had their mods taken out and are now just cosmetic.

A non-ranked War Hero set (that has not been gutted) now costs its respective BM piece plus ranked warzone comms as follows:

Relics/Implants: 200 wz comms + 1225 rwz comms

Bracers: BM Bracers + 1075 rwz comms

Belt: BM Belt + 1225 rwz comms

Gloves: BM gloves + 1750 rwz comms

Boots: BM Boots + 1750 rwz comms

Legs: BM Legs + 1950 rwz comms

Helm: BM Helm + 2100 rwz comms

Offhand Weapon/Item: BM Offhand Weapon/Item + 2200 rwz comms

Chestpiece: BM Chestpiece + 2775 rwz comms

Main Hand Weapon: BM Main Hand Weapon + 3400 rwz comms

A full non-ranked War Hero set with one relic will cost your full BM set(minus the implants) + 800 wz comms + 23,125 rwz comms.

A lvl 50 player on the PTS stated they were getting ~40-50 rwz comms per ranked warzone. So it will take ~500 warzones played to get 23,125 rwz comms. That's 7,500 mins if each warzone is 15 mins long or a total 125 hrs.

Thanks for doing the math for me!! :D

I'm currently in Centurion with a couple Champ pieces and Valor 55. I know I won't be full BM by the time the patch comes out, but I'm still ok with this. Heck, I would be ok with this regardless, those who wanna play casual will be in Unrated, those who wanna play hard will play Rated.

Hint: Rated Comms can be exchanged for regular comms so no QQing

Good luck to all pvpers who didn´t have enough time to gather full bm gear.:(

Or luck, i've lost track of how many threads i've seen with people getting no tokens from 10 BM bags. The main good I see the changes doing, it's going to be less soul crushing for the newer 50's and champ geared to get into BM gear after 1.2 by removing the RNG element of it.

Yeah this change is seriously frakked up. So I cannot play ranked warzones for like a month because I didn't use the valor exploit? What the hell Bioware?!

With the current valor system people been getting rank 60 fast.

And it still took me to rank 74 to get full BM gear. I was rank 68 pre 1.1.5.

Even if they have exploited or not, idc tbh, cause there are many BM out there that plain suck.

Getting rank 60 means nothing if you can not have the bags

drop you gear or do enough wz's to buy the tokens.

A full BM set now costs 10,900 wz comms

This, incidentally, is somewhere between the cost of a single BM armor piece (2 tokens = 8000) and the BM mainhand (3 tokens = 12000) right now.

Edited by flem

I'm glad, really glad, that I've already cancelled my sub. I actually though we'd have a more even playing field now.... BIG mistake, apparently. Looks like we're just going to continue getting an ever smaller and more inbred top-geared group, to the exclusion of newer PVPers. I've seen that concept fail so often in other games, it's just not funny anymore. Edited by Broom

To all GIVE ME THE SAME GEAR AS A TRUE PVP HARDCORE GRINDER:

Do you really think that you deserve the same PvP gear after playing a total of 300WZ as someone with valor 75 who played 3000?

This person is a true War Hero, likes to PvP, playes PvP, helps a team a lot and commands a team. He deserves to be rewarded.

The game is about both skill and time spend. Like in real life. Nothing is for free, you gotta earn it.

Do you really think that you deserve the same PvP gear after playing a total of 300WZ as someone with valor 75 who played 3000?

This person is a true War Hero, likes to PvP, playes PvP, helps a team a lot and commands a team. He deserves to be rewarded.

The game is about both skill and time spend. Like in real life. Nothing is for free, you gotta earn it.

I'm a hardcore PVPer in full BM gear (PRE free valor for all patch). And I think it's a hideously bad idea. AS A PVPER I want PEOPLE to fight, and I VASTLY prefer a system where full participation in PVP isn't gated by gear. I'm also 100% certain that the fact some people have the time to mindlessly 'grind' hundreds of hours for gear does not make those people better PVPers, or that it makes PVP more enjoyable.

I'm a hardcore PVPer in full BM gear (PRE free valor for all patch). And I think it's a hideously bad idea. AS A PVPER I want PEOPLE to fight, and I VASTLY prefer a system where full participation in PVP isn't gated by gear. I'm also 100% certain that the fact some people have the time to mindlessly 'grind' hundreds of hours for gear does not make those people better PVPers, or that it makes PVP more enjoyable.

What you are failing to realize is that as the ELO system begins to sort out the bad and good players, the playing field will become even. yes the first two weeks will be hell, but after that the rating will sort everything out. And im willing to bet that by the time someone grinds to 2500 rating they will have earned more than enough coms to buy full warhero.

edit: also buying full BM in 1.2 is cake... its only 11k WZ coms for full BM. compaired to now were that would only buy you bracers/belt/relic (3 BM coms)

Edited by grintar

I have two "true war heros" that was not part of the 1.1 ilum farm or the valor handout after 1.1.5 so i play a lot of pvp but i don't understand why i would need better gear then others because of that?

Maybe you enjoy gear vs gear instead of player vs player?