Mara/Pally Bubble needs to be looked at(Undying Rage)

kiroshei

It's the best defensive ability in the game, period.

It's a damn "lol watch me heal while u cant do anything" button, and as such, is stupid.

If it were a jugg ability, I wouldn't even blink. Not on a dps class, ffs. Combined with stealth its just so op.

Use CC.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, because doing damage during GbtF is the issue here. You win at reading comprehension.

What happens after your 4 second stun, when I am back at 100% health?

Ahh just kill my healer, why didn't I think of that.

So, just because an organized premade full of skilled players can negate this ability, that means it's totally fine the other 99% of the time where people just tunnel vision on me while my healer gets me back up to full?

Whether people want to admit it or not, getting focused and dying is a massive part of this game, and sentinels are the only class in the game with a counter to it. A counter which is ridiculously easy to execute, and is on a short cooldown.

Sents are not the only class in the game with a counter to being focused.

Shadow/sins, operative/smuggs can vanish, Merc/Mando healers can pop their shield and heal without getting interrupted, Sorc/sage, snip/slingers have aoe knockbacks with a root. All of these abilities can counter an assist train.

Use CC.

Use your cc breaker. (Oh look, I can make dumb excuses too).

Why? Their dots are already applied, I'm not going to be able to kill them before they force camo or leap or medpack or get heals.

Yes, other classes have abilities that help them handle being focused, NO CLASS is remotely as good at it.

Edited by Ahhmyface

Use CC.

CC prevents heals? awesome.

You should teach a course on SWTOR man.

Or did you mean CC the healer? Ah ok, so when trying to kill a sentinel, you have to switch targets mid fight, to a healer who could be 30m away near a pillar, just so you can have a chance to kill someone who would already be dead if he was ANY class other than a sentinel.

Yep, seems balanced. Move along.

So, just because an organized premade full of skilled players can negate this ability, that means it's totally fine the other 99% of the time where people just tunnel vision on me while my healer gets me back up to full?

So in your scenario you're the only person allowed to group up? You require 2 people for your hypothetical situation to be possible. 2 people on the opposing team working in such coordination could easily counter it.

CC prevents heals? awesome.

You should teach a course on SWTOR man.

Or did you mean CC the healer? Ah ok, so when trying to kill a sentinel, you have to switch targets mid fight, to a healer who could be 30m away near a pillar, just so you can have a chance to kill someone who would already be dead if he was ANY class other than a sentinel.

Yep, seems balanced. Move along.

Why are you focusing a sent before a healer? Sounds like your server has bad PuGs or a bad pre-made.

Edited by JustinxDuff

I said this a few times but stun doesn't counter Undying Rage at all.

Use stun at any other time = 4 seconds of DPS negated.

Use stun during Undying Rage = 4 seconds of DPS negated.

The result is exactly the same. The only way to counter it are:

1. Root (very few classes can actually do this at melee range).

2. The ability to create space twice in 5 seconds, or the ability to create exactly 5-9 meters of space (more than that they can leap).

For example, a Darkness Assassin can do Overload followed by a Force Speed to do this. That's about the only example I can think of too. Most classes can only create space once in 5 seconds.

Sents are not the only class in the game with a counter to being focused.

Shadow/sins, operative/smuggs can vanish, Merc/Mando healers can pop their shield and heal without getting interrupted, Sorc/sage, snip/slingers have aoe knockbacks with a root. All of these abilities can counter an assist train.

Vanish which breaks on damage, and if you're being focused by 4 people you can bet your behind that you are not going to stealth away unscathed.

Commando healer shield? How is that relevant? That is a flat 25% damage reduction, hardly enough to matter in a focus fire situation, not to mention you're talking about a commando healer which is irrelevant to this discussion since we are talking about a pure dps class.

AOE knockback? Are you serious? You think doing a knockback with 4 people on you is somehow going to buy you enough time to receive heals? Ever heard of ranged attacks? Ever heard of melee saving their gap closers for knockbacks?

NONE of the things you mentioned will even remotely come close to saving you from dying if you are being focused by 4 dps and are at 10% health.

He's there. I used them.

But I don't have 5 seconds of invicibility, so the marauder just kills me anyway.

Sounds like your healer is bad, 1 cleanse from your healer and it wipes all of my DoTs.

Edited by JustinxDuff

vanish which breaks on damage, and if you're being focused by 4 people you can bet your behind that you are not going to stealth away unscathed.

Commando healer shield? How is that relevant? That is a flat 25% damage reduction, hardly enough to matter in a focus fire situation, not to mention you're talking about a commando healer which is irrelevant to this discussion since we are talking about a pure dps class.

Aoe knockback? Are you serious? You think doing a knockback with 4 people on you is somehow going to buy you enough time to receive heals? Ever heard of ranged attacks? Ever heard of melee saving their gap closers for knockbacks?

None of the things you mentioned will even remotely come close to saving you from dying if you are being focused by 4 dps and are at 10% health.

qft....

The dots in this game are classified as Mental, Force, Tech, Physical, and probably some stuff I'm not aware of. Since each class can only cure 2, there's at least a 50% chance whoever is your healer cannot cleanse the Marauder dots.

I agree with this post completely. This really should be a juggernaut or tanking ability. Giving Marauders, a very high damage class which is capable of force jumping, and already has Saber Ward another ability to become completely immune to damage is really going a bit far. I would think a 99% healing reduction WITH a 50% damage reduction would be a solid penalty to place on an ability like this. I have watched our marauders obliterate people with this skill while our healer just pops them back up to full health easily and they keep killing. Its just a bad mechanic that needs a higher penalty for using it, particularly given they can pop saberward right afterward and stay alive while they get healed.

Exactly, after UR is down and your healer (should) have you healed back up.

You're just being obtuse. Your healer, instead of cleansing, was spamming you to full, 5 seconds faster than me, because I don't have 5 seconds of dps on you.

Add in 5 more people attacking you, vs 5 people attacking me. Guess who survives with full health, guess who gets instagibbed in round 1?

Edited by Ahhmyface

The dots in this game are classified as Mental, Force, Tech, Physical, and probably some stuff I'm not aware of. Since each class can only cure 2, there's at least a 50% chance whoever is your healer cannot cleanse the Marauder dots.

I believe every single healing tree has a talent which adds a 3rd category of negative effects they can cleanse. Granted, 1 extra category isn't going to suddenly make their cleanse that much more awesome, it just gives them a little boost if the other team has a variety of classes in them who use different negative effects.

You're just being obtuse. Your healer, instead of cleansing, was spamming you to full, 5 seconds faster than me, because I don't have 5 seconds of dps on you.

Add in 5 more people attacking you, vs 5 people attacking me. Guess who survives with full health, guess who gets instagibbed in round 1?

See, your mistake is you were focusing a sent. You should be killing healers first.

See, your mistake is you were focusing a sent. You should be killing healers first.

Ok, I killed your healer, you killed mine. 5 seconds invincibility vs my 0. The 5 other guys crush me with all my defensive cds up. You're invincible. No healer required.

Keep trying to dodge the issue, it's pretty funny. You do more dps than every other class and you also have better defensive CDs. There's no scenario where turning invincible for 5 seconds is counterable.

Ok, I killed your healer, you killed mine. 5 seconds invincibility vs my 0. The 5 other guys crush me with all my defensive cds up. You're invincible. No healer required.

Keep trying to dodge the issue, it's pretty funny. You do more dps than every other class and you also have better defensive CDs. There's no scenario where turning invincible for 5 seconds is counterable.

Sounds like you have a bad premade or bad pugs.

We do not do more DPS than any other class, completely false. IF you think this then you have not played with good sages or shadows.

Edited by JustinxDuff

Different games are different? Just because something was overpowered in one doesn't make it overpowered in another. WoW didn't have 15 different forms of CC on every character IIRC, try hitting a Sent/Mara with a stun when they are at 10-20% HP. At the very least you'll make em blow 2 minute+ CD's.

Sure it's a good ability, but so is Force Bubble- 100% Immunity to ~3.5K dmg every 20 seconds. Stun the Sent/Mara when they are at low health and move along.

If they have a pocket healer, why are you attacking the Sent/Mara to begin with?