Scheduled Maintenance March 23rd

Yndras

So once again, you take servers down on a friday night at 9pm during oceanic prime time for 4 hours for a patch. I mean what the hell!!!!

How many americans do you have on at say 8am or 6am friday morning? You need to select a new time because the current one is *********** awful.

And yet, when the maintenance goes down in UK time...no one cares!

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that might stand up in the us where people a f'ed over all the time. I have to point out that has been challenged in the eu and Australia with said game company's settling out of court for undisclosed amounts.

maybe you should Google it before you think the whole worlds is a state of America.

Maybe you shouldn't agree to America's terms if you don't agree with it.

yer well i don't care. I pay for the game now as does everybody else. I PAY to PLAY not pay to be offline to boot some trail freeloaders. What are biofail thinking,

There's your problem. YOU don't care. Your way or the highway right? How else does a MMO company grasp players post launch?

They create trial periods. They give incentives. WoW has the recruit a friend program, gives you perks, gives the new player perks. Rift has a free trial period as well. It's basic marketing to bring in players.

I pay just like you do, but I know what I am paying for as the Terms of Services state. You pay to have a quality gaming experience. Quality cannot be maintained without the occasional maintenance or two.

So if you got your way, and listened solely to you, would you care who else gets screwed in the process?

But i am just gonna state a few things:

Most people here are right abotu the maintance, but an idea to look at swtor:

1. Try to do the maintance at the weekend, as most people want it to be. (Maybe less trolls)

2. Before patching, make sure there is a few things that people can read, just not one sentence, but something interesting. A free time fix, dosn't make the people happy. And that fix didn't really need to be fixed today, that could have waited.

4. Patching normally shouldn't take so many hours, max 2 hours. And as i see, 3 bugs, takes 5 hours, i know it can be frustrated to fix it, but try do our best. The faster you fix the patch, the more people will come because of fast maintenace!

5. Try to start at the night, and be done at the morning. Normaly most people that play are in the morning time now.

6. A small fix, should take minimum 10-30min.

Just a few idea that will make the game better, and more people will come.

lol they got the time wrong on the Launcher.. it says servers will be up at 10am AEST

yup thats lot more then 1.5 hours away, since its only 8:30pm here

Yeah, dont go off AEST, its 12 hours off, go off the GMT time lol

Edit: as in, its meant to say 10pm

Edited by Porridgeskeletor

:ph_lol: I can't make it through all of this. My eyes go :eek: at those that are :mad: ,at those that are :mad:. Everyone just needs to be :cool: and to prevent :o you should all just:ph_agree: to :ph_disagree: and stop all the sniping.

I hope that everyone will take into account that the game has only been out for a few months.

Ok. Everyone back to attacking each other like :csw_vader: on the:csw_deathstar:after finding:csw_hoth:with a :csw_probe:. Me? I'm getting in my :csw_xwing:with:csw_r2d2: and traveling the :sy_galaxy:.

I know this hasn't made the most sense but trying to sort through all those smilies to try to create a coherent thought is a bit tough for me to do at 2:30am.:ph_thank_you::ph_cheers:

According to the login page it won't be up until 10am. A 16 hour patch.

But I believe it is probably a mistype...I hope.

Tbh, if this gonna take 16 hours. THey have slow workers. NO GAME has a 16 hours patch maintenance!

And its only 3 things they have fixed, if this is the case, people will be pissed. And therfor swtor should make all get atleast 16 hours free game play or more :)

THe more news that comes out about Pandaria the more interesting that expansion is looking! and how doesnt want to be a drunk Brewmaster Panda hehe

The quicker Bioware bring up the servers the quicker we stop talking about Warcraft hehe

Did you check out the armor sets they released today? Man WoW's art design department really stepped it up lol. The shoulders are still too big but damn, what detail. I'm being pulled a little. The idea of Pandas was silly to me because I DESPISE JACK BLACK, but man... I don't know anymore lol.

There's your problem. YOU don't care. Your way or the highway right? How else does a MMO company grasp players post launch?

They create trial periods. They give incentives. WoW has the recruit a friend program, gives you perks, gives the new player perks. Rift has a free trial period as well. It's basic marketing to bring in players.

I pay just like you do, but I know what I am paying for as the Terms of Services state. You pay to have a quality gaming experience. Quality cannot be maintained without the occasional maintenance or two.

So if you got your way, and listened solely to you, would you care who else gets screwed in the process?

OK

I care that they are trying to attract new players. THIS IS GOOD

I care that biofail f over the paying players to boot out the freeloaders who overstayed there welcome. THIS IS BAD AND COULD HAVE WAITED to normal maintenance.

i also wish you posted in something other then green. Is this some self need to be different?

Edited by darkneeds

Maybe you shouldn't agree to America's terms if you don't agree with it.

maybe so. but then again BW loves to sell stuff in Europe or Australia. By agreeing to take our money they really have to obey the Europeans (and Australians) laws...

yeah, this is breaking news for you.

Part of your subscription involves both planned and unplanned maintenance, as stated in the ToS of all online role playing, subscription based games.

Are you serious? The state of the art is your main competition. They have 15 minute ROLLING outages at the moment, with complete downtime only for major content patches.

THAT is what you are competing against. I do not CARE what is in your TOS. If I want to play an MMO, then you are competing against that, like it or not. Don't hide behind you TOS, that is not the issue - you are not the government, and I do not have to pay taxes to you.

maybe so. but then again BW loves to sell stuff in Europe or Australia. By agreeing to take our money they really have to obey the Europeans (and Australians) laws...

I expected your thesis on the Swtor EULA in my inbox. Oh wait, I'm sure you haven't read it, because I haven't.

Servers down right now and going down tonight, twice in one day people!

The other downtime for a patch that never should have been ( d**n weekend pass)

Piss on existing players why don't you.

I love this game and won't threaten to unsub cause I won't, I live in another city than my friends so here is where I sosialize and hang out.

I beg of you Bioware try to find a better solution, or try it on the yanks and see if they'll be all "chill and getting laid" when their paid gametime is cut.

thank you

Edited by Lasileuka

Did you check out the armor sets they released today? Man WoW's art design department really stepped it up lol. The shoulders are still too big but damn, what detail. I'm being pulled a little. The idea of Pandas was silly to me because I DESPISE JACK BLACK, but man... I don't know anymore lol.

ya.. just saw them on yuotube.. shoulders are massive.. but hey..nothing wrong with BIG shoulders..

I just wanna stagger around as a drunken panda master

4.00AM on the button here in Chicago, IL...I do 2d shift client application support and help desk....I was a computer science major....my father died in 1999 and my mother in 2009...most of the bars around my area close at 2 and the kitchens usually long before that...so if you don't mind, I think I'll hang around for a while...

Ahhh. Chicago. Grew up in Evanston. I must know...is Pizza Uno still in business?

Correct :) And have to love consumer rights legislation in some of those countries.

:ph_lol: I can't make it through all of this. My eyes go :eek: at those that are :mad: ,at those that are :mad:. Everyone just needs to be :cool: and to prevent :o you should all just:ph_agree: to :ph_disagree: and stop all the sniping.

I hope that everyone will take into account that the game has only been out for a few months.

Ok. Everyone back to attacking each other like :csw_vader: on the:csw_deathstar:after finding:csw_hoth:with a :csw_probe:. Me? I'm getting in my :csw_xwing:with:csw_r2d2: and traveling the :sy_galaxy:.

I know this hasn't made the most sense but trying to sort through all those smilies to try to create a coherent thought is a bit tough for me to do at 2:30am.:ph_thank_you::ph_cheers:

:ph_use_the_force: to:ph_love_this: or there will be:ph_danger: ahead.